Showtime in St. Pete again...Oval/Figure 8 Drivers

From their FaceBook page:

Figure 8 drivers please call us want to set up a little show for you guy’s if your interested please call 561-9646 Thanks

Well it’s getting closer, What do you all think about this, 3/4 away down the back straight away we have slabs to rent for the night. Pull your car or truck up to the fence and watch the races bring your own grills, food, coolers but no Bottles. You will even be able to enter of 44th st and come in our back exit

Bleachers and coming but not fast enough, Front straight away 150 foot section of grass to set up your own chairs and watch the races also, Turn 3 Our family section Bring your own chairs. Open with a little show till the rest of the stuff comes in or wait untill the end of July. What do you all think

Just now saw this, too:

OWM tire testing will be postponed until this Friday 6/8/12@ 5pm.
This (FaceBook) says 5:00pm, the Web site says 6:00pm. Call the track first.

Y’all wanna gripe about this FaceBook thing to them, there’s the phone number…LOL

Oh - and y’all wanted a Web site…here it is:

Looks like these are the classes:

STREET STOCK
PRO FIGURE 8
MINI STOCK
SUPER LATE MODELS
OPEN WHEEL MODIFIED
KIDS FAST 4
MOD MINI

Rules are posted on the Web site :wink:

Oh…one more thing. Time trials…?? Really, Yoho…? REALLY?

Please, Please, 4 week average of top 12 or 15!!!

lets go racing i wish they had a stock class :huepfen024:

Spoke with

Wayne Jefferson on Wed. They were supposed to tire test ? Still not sure what the hell there testing because they are running the hoosier slicks. If I remember correctly they were D 235’s and D 240’s anyway the same exact tire that we left on. The (test) session was rained out till today but we will see. Wayne said that yoho is installing fence and temp bleachers this week but I havent seen anything with my own eyes. Wayne has been out there working and helping and YOHO is determined to get things going. Yea Facebook blows…website offers no info…Someone close to YOHO should post on here…

No Sportsman At Showtime Speedway

Tried supporting the Car Show and Swap Meet with my Sportsman car, e-mailing, tried talking to personally and handing him a letter and a copy of rules from the Florida Sportsman Challenge Series and tried through my wife’s Facebook account a couple of times (deleted once, ignored another time) asking Robert Yoho about the Sportsman Division at Showtime Speedway but got absolutley no word or response from him as to whether or not the class will be running at Showtime. There are no rules or mention of them on the Showtime website. Every other asphalt track in the state runs Sportsman as a regular division, why not Showtime??? In the past they were called Outlaw Late Model, but they were really Sportsman cars. Sad thing is a big chunk of the field at Citrus is near or drives by Pinellas Park on their way up to Inverness. What gives? Anybody know why???:confused::confused::confused:

Tried supporting the Car Show and Swap Meet with my Sportsman car, e-mailing, tried talking to personally and handing him a letter and a copy of rules from the Florida Sportsman Challenge Series and tried through my wife’s Facebook account a couple of times (deleted once, ignored another time) asking Robert Yoho about the Sportsman Division at Showtime Speedway but got absolutely no word or response from him as to whether or not the class will be running at Showtime. What gives? Anybody know why???
Have you tried calling the track?

There are rules on the Web Site.

There are no rules for Sportsman on the website. Every other division but. Tried talking to him personally at the Car Show and got the conflicting answers “If you have 14 cars that show up I will create a division” and “I know what divisions I want to run”. I don’t see how calling would get me any different answers. I just don’t think he understands how many Sportsman cars are in his immediate area.

Dave, per my original post:

[QUOTE=Jimmy McKinley;106779]
Looks like these are the classes:

STREET STOCK
PRO FIGURE 8
MINI STOCK
SUPER LATE MODELS
OPEN WHEEL MODIFIED
KIDS FAST 4
MOD MINI[/QUOTE]

Scott’s looking to run Sportsman there at Sunsh…I mean, Showtime. yes, the class rules are posted, but for the classes they’re going to run. No Sportsman - yet.

Actions speak louder than words.

If there are that many cars in the area that show up you will easily secure a spot in his schedule.

Thanks Benny. I appreciate the advice. I just don’t think that it is too practical to try and round up at least 14 Sportsman teams and convince them to haul to Showtime uninvited for a night when we’re not on the racing card and there aren’t any rules posted for us, nor a purse. If I was Robert I don’t think I would appreciate a group of drivers coming in demanding to be run and crashing my event. I know I’d be a little miffed having someone trying to muscle me and throwing a kink into my schedule at the very least if I complied. My Momma taught me to never go where I wasn’t invited and I think she gave me good advice. I think my actions of showing up at the Car Show with a good looking car, handing out pictures and candy to the kids was more than just words too. I’m not going to cut up my chassis if Sportsman aren’t run at Showtime, but I would be greatly disappointed if we weren’t invited to run there at least once in a while, since it is the closest Speedway to my house and looks like a great track to drive. I just wish he’d let us know one way or another if we fit into his plans or not. I’m trying to figure out my racing schedule for the rest of the season and it would be nice to know, since I work on most Saturdays and have to request the time off. Just gotta wait and see I guess…:confused:

Third Time Is The Charm?

Well after three posts on the Facebook page (and over 900 hits to this thread:aetsch013:) got a response from Robert about Sportsman rules being posted on the Showtime website. Robert apologized for not answering the question. He said he was working on the racetrack. He said that rules for Sportsman would be coming “soon”.:confused: Well, I guess that at least means the division WILL be a part of the Speedway in some capacity. Yay!:ernaehrung004:

Hey Scott,
I am looking to practice at Showtime on Wed the 27th. It would be great to get a few of us there to show we are ready to have a class on the sched. Please reach out to other sportsman owners you may know. Thanks.

Hey Racer11. I would love to come out to practice at Showtime, but I have no idea what direction Robert Yoho is going in as far as rules or tires for whatever Showtime Sportsman rules will wind up being. I won’t spend the money for practicing (just about as much as it takes to race) until I can have my car prepared to the letter of those rules. Some tracks race Sportsman at as much as 3100 lbs or as little as 2900 lbs. As little left side weight as 55% and as much as 58%. The car will react very differently depending what you can do with weight. Not sure what the Sportsman tire rule will be either. Heard they were gonna test Hoosier slicks and treaded tires for the Mods. Sportsman usually run on the same tire as Mods. Haven’t heard a decision on that yet either. Until rules come out, I won’t be practicing. Once they do, I will put the word out to get as many Sportsman there as I can to show our support for Showtime. Still waiting on rules…:confused: