Sunshine/Showtime?

Anybody take any pictures? How did the practice go and how was the track surface?

When was the practice? Never heard anything about it.

Join the club

Found out yesterday afternoon that there was an open practice. Apparently the rumor is that every wed there will be an open practice. There are alot of rumors going around. Again I guess he is only using face book to communicate. Also heard that he has the fence installed but unsure. Another rumor has it that he could use some help but i dont have face book and all im getting is what was told to me.

showtime report

went to watch open practice last nite.heard from a friend who has a facebook account.10.00 bucks to get in.they had sprint cars,modifieds,figure 8,trucks and late models.someone went out in roberts double 00 pure stock desoto car after the track cleaned up and took some rubber.it sure looked good to see some cars and haulers back in the pits.it felt like old times.i got a street stock so i watched.track was very slick at first with sand and sun on it but looked raceable once it cleaned up and the sun went down.hope they keep doing more of this until they open

never heard

please,please , 4 or 6 week av.

Once again…LOL…from FaceBook:

“WHAT ABOUT OPEN PRACTICE FOR OVAL WEDNESDAYS FOR 6PM TILL 10PM GATES OPEN AT 5PM. BY CLASSES OPEN WHEEL, MINI STOCKS, STREET STOCKS, SPORTSMAN. NO KIDS YET. BOMBERS, FIGURE 8’S, LATE MODELS ETC. IF YOU NEED TIRE’S CALL ME I WILL HAVE JAY BRING THEM OVER. YES MOD MINI’S TOO”

Well someone needs to tell him to get off the facebook thing only and put something on here. It reaches far more racers like me. I really want to race there, but with no news on what’s happening that’s kinda pointless gearing up to go over there.

CALL THE FREAKIN’ TRACK…you want your voice heard? Call 'em up. Drive over there. Go to the office. Speak to someone. You *know “they” (i.e., “the track”) don’t come here on KARNAC. They’ll never know there’s a problem if they don’t know in person.

Obviously, neither Yoho or the Youngs at Bronson get it. They are doomed to failure if that’s their ONLY way of communication.

Doomed I tell ya, doomed. :sprachlos020:

Anybody know why some tracks don’t use KARNAC or any other of the messageboards. I can only think of personal conflicts or not wanting to answer every swinging pricks question.

if a person who is suppose to be a business person doesn’t take the time or have someone else post on a board that is free to get news or the word out to his future customers then thats just too bad. I wish I had free tools like message boards to help my business. he was crying and whining in the Tampa Bay Times last week that no one was supporting him, well, who knows what going on.

Yes,

I got the no support thing as well. Someone told me today that he needs a welder…well im a welder. But i do not have facebook and wont. I do understand that he is overwhelmed and this message board or any other is low on his priority list at this time. But on the other hand he could help himself by getting the word out to people other than the wives of racers…lol sorry but the face book thing is for people that dont work full time jobs and wrench on there car after hours…Maybe he needs a good P.R. man to help him communicate ? any ideas ? I got one Tony Carreno he has been at the track several times supporting the cause. I was given a phone number last night to what I think is the track so I will give it one try. Lets here it from people that are willing to give YOHO some time for the good of the track…

Agreed, they need a good PR person, drum up more interest in different places and keep people in the know.

Showtime speedway Website…

Or you could go to (www.Showtimespeedway.us) and look at the tracks announcements…

FaceBook is one of the most powerful forms of communication on the planet right now, so anyone that doesn’t use it just because you “have a full time job” is depriving themselves of a wealth of knowledge and information. Hundreds of millions of FB users have full time jobs like myself and every person that I know. I’m not sure what some of you think Facebook actually is, it sounds like you’re mistaken on how it works or how much time or effort it actually takes. If so give it a try…you’d be surprised how simple it is and it will only consume as much time as you allow it. I mean, unless you’re still carrying bag phones and 8-tracks! :slight_smile:

Hello…is this thing on?

Or you could try this…lmao

have it on facebook have it on the web site and while people are looking on here have what going on at Showtime on here. Have it everywhere you can for free. I uderstand that facebook is the inthing to do, my kids and grandkids do it all the time. so is texting at redlights and not moving when the light turns green. I know I am a old fart, however I have supported racing a lot longer then most of facebookers.

So

from the face book and from the website have they found a welder ? Did they get volunteers to weedeat all the way around the place ? Did they finish the fence work ? Did they decide to run practice on weds ? Did he work out his ( Issues ) with stands ? Did he get volunteers for things ?? please fill me in…

Did anyone notice it’s $20 to practice?