St. Pete - Yet Again...

Again, from their FaceBook - CALL THE TRACK AND EXPRESS YOUR CONCERN…LOL

This is a “what do you think” question ?
JULY 4TH 2012, AT SHOWTIME SPEEDWAY What would you say if we had a Big late model race, 50 lap figure 8, 40 lap truck race, and Modified race 50 lap gates would open at 3pm race would start at 7pm. Do you think anyone would come, Don’t have many bleacher yet poss 500-1000 seats maybe and bring your own chair. Or buy a spot on the back stretch

“Do you think anyone would come”?

Not with two and a half weeks’ notice. Not at 7:00 on a Wednesday right now. I understand that some people have the holiday off, but there are people that still have to work.

If it works, I’ll eat my words. If it don’t…well…

He will sell every seat/spot there is. I’d love to see it happen, as I’ve always been a BIG fan of mid-week and Holiday races. They go over very well all over the country, yet nobody in Fla has the balls to try.

If my wife hadn’t just had surgery i would be there. We are always in Fla 4th of July anyhow. Would be great to see a show like that.

I hope it’s huge!

before cell phones, facebook and all the other new stuff, old time racers and race fans would pack Sunshine Speedway on the 4th of July in the middle of the week. but my question is this, I am opening up a hot dog stand, do you think anyone will come to it?

I would come from orlando…and stand the whole time.

I’ll go, I got my own chair (Wheelchair). :slight_smile:

I’ll tape it!

It ought to be a fan freebee! in order to judge interest and get fans used to going to the track again. :slight_smile:

In a different time/situation I might agree, but here is a guy investing a lot of money to get this started - I got no problem with him having a modest entry fee for something like this. Sounds like fun.

My point was, since this was a “What do you think?” and not an official announcement (yet), I was wondering a) how many cars could be ready to go for St. Pete in about two weeks’ time; and b) how much work they’re going to put into getting the word out (promoting this deal). Radio ads? TV spots? Get the word out on the Florida message boards? Use FaceBook? LOL…actually CALL UP SOME RACERS??

Will it work? Will they get the fields of cars? Will they get fans?

[QUOTE=Jimmy McKinley;107498]My point was, since this was a “What do you think?” and not an official announcement (yet), I was wondering a) how many cars could be ready to go for St. Pete in about two weeks’ time; and b) how much work they’re going to put into getting the word out (promoting this deal). Radio ads? TV spots? Get the word out on the Florida message boards? Use FaceBook? LOL…actually CALL UP SOME RACERS??

Will it work? Will they get the fields of cars? Will they get fans?[/QUOTE]

Let see
Radio…25,000 1 station
TV 3,000,000 1 station
raceing message boards 300 to 500
Face book ?? all your friends triends friends ////

Don62

[B][I]Well actually Don…

KARNAC.com
Site Summary

VISITS

Total 54,358
Average Per Day 1,592
Average Visit Length 6:02
Last Hour 94
Today 1,473
This Week 11,147

PAGE VIEWS

Total 442,955
Average Per Day 12,799
Average Per Visit 8.0
Last Hour 948
Today 11,238
This Week 89,594

All these are just this message board…
[/I][/B]

Ok, so how much for a “Fan In The Stands” to buy a spot to park my Chevy conversion van with its back-side facing the track on the back stretch? I would pay $50 to do that and sit in the back of of the van with all the comforts of home while I watch the races…

Kinda like a NASCAR race on the TV in your living room, but I get to bring my living room to the track instead and it wouldn’t be anything like trying to watch the race at Daytona from the infield (like I would see anything).

I really could go for a little piece of track-side fence like they do at Sebring…

[QUOTE=Rick Anges;107611][B][I]Well actually Don…

KARNAC.com
Site Summary

VISITS

Total 54,358
Average Per Day 1,592
Average Visit Length 6:02
Last Hour 94
Today 1,473
This Week 11,147

PAGE VIEWS

Total 442,955
Average Per Day 12,799
Average Per Visit 8.0
Last Hour 948
Today 11,238
This Week 89,594

All these are just this message board…
[/I][/B][/QUOTE]

The way i read it on this board was 7 topics with 13 reads. And some of the same people.
Rick i gues there are a lot of ways to count but the redneck count is on the frount page

8 topics with 13 coments i counted what is on this board…
didnt run out of fingers.

Don62

Not everyone participates Don, like a race track alot of people like to watch. This thread alone has only 13 replies but over 1,100 views.

I like it, I would consider making the trip.

how many time does the people look at replies that made a reply, how many times does the same people that don’t reply relook at the same thread?

Well count this one…

Back to the story…
I am going to Showtime Speedway for there opening show…
I cant bleave i get to go to the YOHO SHOW and do some showboating…

Don62

[QUOTE=Family Section;107617]Ok, so how much for a “Fan In The Stands” to buy a spot to park my Chevy conversion van with its back-side facing the track on the back stretch? I would pay $50 to do that and sit in the back of of the van with all the comforts of home while I watch the races…
[/QUOTE]

I was serious when I said this… There are a couple of other entertainment venues out there for us this 4th of July, but I would be willing to spend this much plus more on concessions at Showtime Speedway. BUT, I am not willing to put a folding chair on the flat deck and stare at the back of the guy’s head (and ass because he won’t sit down) in front of me. This is why we stopped going to Daytona. The only good spot is up in the suites and after an expensive weekend to do that, never again!

And this is also why we could be found up in the top corners of the Family Section stands at SS, so we would have less hassles and could actually see the races…

[QUOTE=Family Section;108013]I was serious when I said this… There are a couple of other entertainment venues out there for us this 4th of July, but I would be willing to spend this much plus more on concessions at Showtime Speedway. BUT, I am not willing to put a folding chair on the flat deck and stare at the back of the guy’s head (and ass because he won’t sit down) in front of me. This is why we stopped going to Daytona. The only good spot is up in the suites and after an expensive weekend to do that, never again!

And this is also why we could be found up in the top corners of the Family Section stands at SS, so we would have less hassles and could actually see the races…[/QUOTE]

I know that most wont want to hear this but on SHOWTIMES Face Book page they have pic of new grandstands going up as we speek.
I wount miss the first race there if i had to sit on a bucket…

Don62