Wayne Webb

Former Golden Gate Speedway racer Wayne Webb passed away yesterday at the age of 68… Wayne ran most the old Tornado and Early Model classes and he was badly hurt in a crash in the late '60s but came back to race again…

Question Dave ?

Was this the same Wayne Webb who’s brother Wade had the 4x4 shop and the bad ass push Jeep that used to push sprint cars at the old fairgrounds ?
I had heard at the time the Jeep had a 383 small block Chevy . That thing sounded like it could have kicked most of the full bodied cars ass if it could turn left worth a damn.
Also think he ran the #21 in the early 80’s at the Gate in the class with Ronnie DesChamps, Wayne Hammond, Scotty Mc Clendan , and possibly Jeff Scofield’s dad .:question:

[QUOTE=BVS40FL;108175]Was this the same Wayne Webb who’s brother Wade had the 4x4 shop and the bad ass push Jeep that used to push sprint cars at the old fairgrounds ?
I had heard at the time the Jeep had a 383 small block Chevy . That thing sounded like it could have kicked most of the full bodied cars ass if it could turn left worth a damn.
Also think he ran the #21 in the early 80’s at the Gate in the class with Ronnie DesChamps, Wayne Hammond, Scotty Mc Clendan , and possibly Jeff Scofield’s dad .:question:[/QUOTE]

That jeep was the old #22 sportsman car with a jeep body on it. I drove the 22 onr time when ej was the driver…
Don62

Wayne Webb

Wayne worker with me at his Fathers Parts Store, M&W Auto Parts on Nebraska, Wade had the 4x4 store next door, EJ Poole and I had the 21 Thunder Car that Wade sponsored which we ran at the Fairgrounds and East Bay until Don opened Golden Gate back up and we went there. I remember when Don drove our car in the officials race and we had just put in a 400 SB but had the wrong gear in it. We elected to not race that night but thought it would be okay for Don, Needless to say the motor scattered and Don couldn’t even see to get off the track. Wayne was a good guy who did race again after EJ, Wade and I split up and he drove a car that Wade built for a little while. He was very talented in his early days at GG however he never was the same after the wreck at the pit in wall at the gate. Thanks for letting us know, brought back some great memories.