Another Speedworld Rumor

Talking to a friend last night that has absolutely nothing to do with racing told me the property is sold to Wal-mart and now they are waiting to finalize the deal.

I am not sure what his source is but it’s not a racing source. I am hoping this is just a rumor.

Mr. Hart, I know you read this board from time to time, is this true?

if you go to orange county property appraisers office it says
“R B S J R Inc
Property NameOrlando Speedworld (Oval Track)
Mailing Address On File 138 S State Road 415
New Smyrna Beach, FL 32168-9028” is the owner.

Wal Mart has supposetly bought property west of the track around SR419. The old Joe’s Truck Parts, salvage yard and the little restaurant. The Wal Mart thing and Speed World thing has been aroind for awhile. Still interesting what might happen with Carl Weisinger, from the dragstrip, retiring at the end of the year.

[QUOTE=GregFroehlich;108831]if you go to orange county property appraisers office it says
“R B S J R Inc
Property NameOrlando Speedworld (Oval Track)
Mailing Address On File 138 S State Road 415
New Smyrna Beach, FL 32168-9028” is the owner.[/QUOTE]

I looked it up too. I know with my properties it typically takes 2-3 months after a deal is finalized for the county to update their records.

That’s funny. I did a property deal in Orange county a couple months back and it showed up in less than 48 hours. Like I said the Wal Mart RUMOR has had life for a couple years.

I heard that they were putting in a drive in movie theater showing old school racing movies!!! :huepfen024:

That’s O.K.

As long as they only show the ones WITHOUT Bandoleros .
:aetsch013:

that address is robert harts house lol

very true so the walmart thing make sence

No kidding. Thats how it’s listed. Orange County wouldn’t have his house property (Volusia County) listed.

I don’t think Wal Mart is gonna buy MORE property than they need, and the OSW land is much bigger than they need.

I’m not buying this theory one bit.

I respectfully disagree. At the corner of 415 and Howland Blvd in Deltona Walmart purchased the property they are on and the property across Howland Blvd. I don’t know if they still own the property or changed their mind but I knew the previous owner. They did something similar in Deland and sold what they didn’t use.

I know the place you’re talking about. It is big property, but I don’t know how much they own, yet being unused. You do have a point…

I can assure you that Wal-Mart did NOT buy OSW!

Nope, plans are now for a SUPER WAWA!!!

Good Idea

Build the superwawa and race around it. Hell we only have 5 cars at a time anyway. They are usually spaced out enough for people to walk through the parking lot without getting hit. We could fix our cars at the automotive shop. Buy beer and food from wawa at a significant savings (REAL HAMBURGER TOO) If we need tools or grease or damn near anything at all; there it is. At almost any given moment there are more race fans in a Wal-mart parking lot than in the stands at OSW. (With the exception of killer school bus racin night) Flagman/greeter, payout at cashier and ticket sales at customer service. Wreckers retrieve the carts/cars Plenty of parking and clean restrooms. Sounds like a win/win to me. Free overnight camping too !!!

Walmart did not buy we run the mud races next door and they would have to buy out to many people

The mud track has nothing to do with OSW.
I dont think that Walmart would have any intrest in that property.
It has a intrance to hwy 50 problem. Yhe road is owned buy one and the land on both sides by another.
It should stay a track for another 20 years.so dont think it wont be there.If you dont go and race it might close but its not going to be a shoping center
I alwase though that some of orlando wouls spill over there but everything went the other way.

Don62