Sportsman On At Showtime

Ok so i was trying to get us on the schedule and didnt know it would be for showtimes grand opening but it is. So we need all the support we can get. Be in the spotlight with standing room only. If you are coming out post your # or call Roger 727 580 9315. And if you need help with something let me know. ROGER WELCH #98 sportsman

calling all sportsman, lets bring it to showtime

Rodger, Hey buddy wish I could run this weekend, but my car is for sale. If you know of someone looking for a sportsman give me a call, thanks Bill VanDevender 239-707-3472

Hey Bill put a for sale sign on that rocket and bring it to showtime with 4000 people there you might just find a buyer. Dont tell them its fast show them its fast. Hope to see ya there

I will be there #11 Sportsman Mark Nelson.

How has the fan count been. Are you basing the 4000 because on the Grand Opening or thats what it has been each night. Great if it has been.

Who knows… can’t get any info from that track.

I take that back. Just checked their web-site and it has results (I think) from this past weekend, but nothing prior. Not even sure they are results, as it’s listed as “all drivers that raced”, and doesn’t give any positions.

One thing I saw, that completely sucks as far as I’m concerned, is the “new” policy for drive-in parking. There is now a 4 person minimum per car allowed back there. I don’t mind the $25 for the vehicle, but I rarely head to the track with 4 people in the same car. This policy excludes me from the drive-in, which to me is a huge attraction of going to a racetrack in the first place.

OSF was excluded this past weekend, and decided to spend his money at Auburndale… as I did also. That single policy (greed) chased at least 3 admission fees and 2 parking spots to another track. No big deal to them to lose 3, but how many did they/will they lose in the long run?

I hope this idea falls flat on it’s ass, and goes back to first come, first served.

I think he did that because it is so popular. Just hook up with 2 more people on here when your going. The money you save not paying 5 Dollars for a beer and grillin’ your own grub still makes up for it. He has Sportsman on the schedule for Saturday. Now he’s got to get some rules up pronto because 6 (now 5) days notice ain’t much time. Someone should tell Yoho to just go with Citrus rules. They make just about every car legal and they are off next week and just drew 19 cars for a regular show, in July no less. Half the guys that run there like to travel around anyway.

Drive-in parking is very popular at every track that has that option… done it at 6-8 short tracks, and infield at about 10 Nascar tracks. Not ONE of them had a Minimum Passenger rule.

I’ve had groups of 20-30 people meet me at Volusia knowing i had a fence spot, and they would have a place to go once they arrived. I’d get there early, get the spot, everyone else would arrive as they could. If this had been the rule there, ZERO of us would have been there.

Scott… On paper, your idea makes sense. In reality, it just doesnt work out that way.

Robert… you just took away one of the big attractions of driving 2 hours, and past several other tracks, to come to Showtime. For me, it’s no-show time.

Rodger, how may laps? Hopefully its 50… And I know of 3 people from down here who want to know the payout, everyone has to know ahead of time. Let me know as soon as you hear something.

This just in from Yoho 15 cars we run heats and 30 laps for 500 to win. If 20 or more show up we can time trial and run a 50 lap race he said 800 to 1000 to win. Robert will discuss that with the drivers when they show up.

Sportsman

Good job ROGER, I hope it works out for you guy’s, ad brandon morris to the list along with the arron williamson gang. This could turn out to be a hell of a show,Looking forward to it

Gear

Hey Roger, do u guys have a 620 gear I think that the 633 will be to much.

thanks
Dave

Hey dave we might have that 620 gear will look tonight for you. Call my cell tonight at 8:00pm i will let you know then.

Dave call me i have the 620 gear ring and pinion if it will help you get there.

Does anyone

Know what the rules will be…Not that it matters just yet… just wondering…Got a citrus sportsman almost ready to race…

[QUOTE=Frasson118;109358]Drive-in parking is very popular at every track that has that option… done it at 6-8 short tracks, and infield at about 10 Nascar tracks. Not ONE of them had a Minimum Passenger rule.
I’ve had groups of 20-30 people meet me at Volusia knowing i had a fence spot, and they would have a place to go once they arrived. I’d get there early, get the spot, everyone else would arrive as they could. If this had been the rule there, ZERO of us would have been there.
Scott… On paper, your idea makes sense. In reality, it just doesnt work out that way.
Robert… you just took away one of the big attractions of driving 2 hours, and past several other tracks, to come to Showtime. For me, it’s no-show time.[/QUOTE]

As far as i can tell you can drive into the back with as few people as you want, as long as you pay the 85$ for 4 people plus the spot. People arriving later can get their bands at the table and walk in to the drive-in parking area. 2 weeks ago the guy next to me showed up alone, but the rest of his group arrived later.

I think Robert will honor the rules from what ever track you run. Only because of such short notice. Lets all show him we will show up first. He will then make rules fair to everyone. He already said in his driver meetings no one will run away with the show if you win two in a row or pull away from the field they will indeed look hard at your car.

Tires will be 8" treaded hoosiers i talked to Jay the tire guy and he said he will have tires for the sportsmans. Hope this helps. Also robert said no slicks and you may run the goodyear tires if your coming up from pgs but they cant be new stickers.