Fascar news?

Did fascar fall off the edge of the earth, Today is the 2nd, no news or results from last weekend .

maybe they gave it up…maybe it would be a better deal if they traded nites with NNS! WITH THERE CAR COUNT,NO ONE WOULD EVER KNOW. OSW would be a SUPER SAT.NITE SHOW

I think that no one is buying tickets so some of the tracks arent posting results.
Sounds funny
wich came first the fan or the results??
If you dont buy a ticket … did the tree make a noise when it fell in the foriest.
Answer is… not if there wasent some one there to hear it…

don62

Mark is on vacation. I believe he is the one who does the media updates.

Gotta agree with xracer54, run OSW on Saturday nights and have lots of special events at New Smyrna. Every other week aint gonna cut it.

Hey Boneman,you just might have something with that, all winter long they seam to find a way to run bigger races at NSS,so why not just do it all the time. Make OSW the eveyday working man’s track. You Know it would be the BEST Sat.nite racing around.

Wish I would have said that LOL LOL

ORLANDO speedworld :slight_smile: NSS :smilie_bett:

Hey Rusty when you had that place (OSW) running on Saturday nights a couple of years back it truly was the best small car show anywhere. Plenty of legends, strictly stocks, bass pro, outlaw modifieds, plus more.Too bad the powers above didn’t let you build on that program as it would have been a fantastic start. The crowds weren’t too bad either. Many great Saturdays watching the competition. Thanks for that entertainment sir. Great memories.

I am a recent convert to the “Orlando on Saturday night” school of thought. Why? Because with the move to a limited schedule, my home track has dropped out of my mind almost completely. Since moving to this area 18 years ago, I always counted down the days to race night on Friday. Now I have to remind myself that it is still there. I don’t think a limited schedule on Friday’s is the answer, so why not make a big change, something that may work?

I’m not holding my breath on this. New Smyrna will always come first when it comes to getting attention from the home office.

Both tracks have been devalued with the low car and fan counts.

Here’s what I would do. Close NSS except for big events. Run OSW on saturday nights on a weekly basis and over time, elminate classes that do not bring in cars. Eventually have four classes or run like classes together. Why focus a weekly show on OSW ? Because a good weekly show will bring in fans if the track will promote the drivers and OSW being a 3/8 mile track provides for better racing action with at least 12 cars on track. At NSS, 12 cars are BORING and any less is WAY BORING. They are too far apart and racing action is limited. When big events are scheduled at NSS, take the week off at OSW. Only operate one track on any given Saturday night. Track signage by the highways need to let people know the next race date if not run on a weekly basis.

HAVE A WINTER SEASON at OSW ON SATURDAY NIGHTS ! The other Florida tracks are closed, no competing track and you will draw cars from all over the state.

Plenty of solutions and ideas that just might work… only one problem… nobody interested in implementing or promoting them…

Winter Series is a good idea. I’m already in Florida for PRI Show, Christmas, Speedweeks, etc. Probably would tow down SuperTruck and park at moms-in-law in Clearwater for the winter.
BTW??? Still can’t figure out why there is no OSW race during the PRI Show??? 30,000 folks in the race industry converge in Orlando, most who have not seen a race in a few months cause of northern climes and the local race track is dormant. I know the USAC sprints were there to full grandstands. A Florida late model show with bus transportation from International Blvd. area would bring full grandstands and plenty of out-of-state drivers.

[QUOTE=SeminoleWind;110027] Still can’t figure out why there is no OSW race during the PRI Show??? 30,000 folks in the race industry converge in Orlando, most who have not seen a race in a few months cause of northern climes and the local race track is dormant. I know the USAC sprints were there to full grandstands. A Florida late model show with bus transportation from International Blvd. area would bring full grandstands and plenty of out-of-state drivers.[/QUOTE]Ding, ding, ding…

Why not some sort of full “big-time” show? Bring down the ISMA/MSA crowd (SuperModifieds); Main Event Late Models (outlaw wedge-bodied cars); ACT Late Models; local Sportsman; Mini-Stocks; and Strictly Stocks. Run heats/features for three nights with a points series.

Orlando Should Be The King Track

A lot of right ideas but money and want that is the big question. Also NSS to me is boring racing unless you have a large field of cars in ALL classes but what do i KNOW.:slight_smile:

PRI is a great idea, the blueprint with USAC in the past is there for the taking. Much money, rent bus service, get vendors at show to buy all tickets for distribution, as most of those fans came in on a freebie. I believe the track had been leased by the midget man Steve ? and he promoted the whole deal. Looked like another track with all the concession stands he brought in for the show. The only times I can remember actually having a great choice of food at OSW. Well just curious that OSW cancelled Rick Bristol’s special truck race in early December and then the DAARA National Vintage cars in late November. Just happens that PRI is 11/29 through 12/02. Is something up?

DAARA is planning on having their end of year racing and championship races at Bronson in November… Tenatively scheduled at this time…
-JIM-

Thanks for the update. I really enjoyed those guys and their cars when they had the event at Orlando. Wish Bronson was a little closer. Maybe an overnight trip for us? Thanks again Jim

years ago there was a man named Harry Bell that ran the concessions,at that time he belived that if you gave a working man something that he thought was a value,then he wouldn’t feel bad about spending his hard earned money on it.At that the food was more then great,you had fans in the stands,and not only that,but we even had bigger PAYOUTS! Do you ever just stop and say…WHAT HAPPENED TO THE GOOD TIMES?

You are right. Old age has hurt my memory. The Harry Bell concessions were very, very good and you did get your monies worth at his stands. Apologies to the Bell family. Was he the gentleman who had his whole family working the food stands? They were very friendly, very good, and served good food quickly. I also remember when the stand was inside the building, like the drive-in movies used to be. Everything set up just right. And yes I also remember the packed stands, many great nights at OSW, arriving early for a good seat. Seems like another world as I look back at those good old days. LeRoy Porter, David Rogers, Jack Cook, John Santo, Bobby Newton, Homer Williams (last name ?), and the likes thereof. Wish the track could return to those glory years. Seems as though each support division was good for 20-24 cars as well.

Good luck on getting info out of Mark Keeler or Terry Roberts. They are part of the reason I shut down Floridacircletrack.com. I could not get any info from either of these 2 clowns. They both need to be FIRED if they dont want to support the tracks!!!