Gilbert Foxworth

I’m am sorry to report that my dad Gilbert Foxworth has passed away from complications with his cancer. My dad had been involved in racing from way back at local drag strips right up through Go-Karts, the FASTRUCK series and most recently was back working on dirt Late Model cars at Eastbay. He was well liked by all and one hell of a smart mechanic. Although he never wanted to drive, his work helped make several drivers look pretty damn good. He will be severely missed. Wanted to post his arrangements since many people have been asking.

Viewing:
Tuesday, August 7th 5pm ? 9pm
Blount & Curry Funeral Home
3207 West Bearss Avenue Tampa, FL 33618

Services
Wednesday, August 8th 11am
Same Location
Immediately following we will travel to the Florida National Cemetery in Bushnell, Fl for his Military burial. He was a Vietnam veteran that received a Purple Heart & Bronze Star for his actions. He was shot in the line of duty in his leg. While headed back to the infirmary for help he came across a severely injured soldier and picked him up and carried him back for help as well.

Gary, I am sorry to hear of your father passing. You and your family are in my prayers.

Sorry for your loss

So sorry to hear of the passing of your father. He was a great guy, I remember him from the old Super Six days . He work on the car #6 when my Uncle, Jimmy Prater drove for Harris Pugh. RIP Gilbert and God Speed.

So sorry.

He was one of the rocks behind the sceens that made the FASTRUCK Series. one of the best racing programs in the South. Always there to help anyone having a problem. He will be very missed. Our thoughts and prays are with the Foxworth Family.
Bobby Diehl

Very sorry to hear about your dad passing Gary. You and your family are in my thoughts.

Gary, I am sorry to hear about your father. Liz and I remember talking with him at the Fastruck races. I can say one thing for sure. He was PROUD of you and your race team. You could see it in him. That is one thing you should always remember.

Eddie Moran

Sorry Gary !

Gary, I am sorry to hear of more tough news for you and your family. I pray grace and peace for you and your family. If I can do anything please let me know. God Bless !

Your Dad

Gary…
Sorry to hear about your Dad. My thoughts go out to you & your family.

Marty Wolf #9

Gary

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. I am saddened to hear of your loss… God bless you and may He keep your father close in His arms.
Carol Wicks