So... What Do You Do When There's Nothing To Do In Pocono?

Tony Stewart goes to Williams Grove and wins the United Racing Club (URC) feature! Great field of 35 cars, plus they had 27 winged 410s - 62 Sprint Cars in the pits… no other “support” classes… This is the advantage Smoke has by being a NASCAR Cup team owner now rather than having to slip out of Joe Gibbs’ grasp to go do what he loves to do… Shades of the old Bobby Allison - Darrell Waltrip days…

Also, speaking of Pennsylvania, Last night at Bloomington (IN) Speedway, Lucas Wolfe won his first-ever World of Outlaws feature… His dad Randy Wolfe ran those tough PA tracks for years and was a regular down here in February…

Tony seems to be having a good year in the sprint cars. I read that he won a sprint race last week in Canada. I’m thinking it may have been a WoO race and I think he won another in a 360 in NY but could be wrong on that. I get confused easily in my old age. LOL He has been running quite a few sprint car races and seems to be doing very well when he does. I’d associate him with Ken Schrader when he was in his prime. Racing anything, anywhere, just for fun.

Some of those tracks in PA really have it going on.

Agreed. They sure do have it going on, plenty of cars, fans, enthusiasm, color, tradition,excitement. Everything short track racing was meant to be. Great value for the entertainment dollar as well. I have Williams Grove on my next year’s list. Almost made it this year but was a day early going through that area.

He’s running Port Royal tonight…