Florida loses another pioneer race driver Don Abney #3 (with light bulb))

My brother and uncle Don Abney left us to go be with his family,friends, and racecar family yesterday morning, due to a severe heart attack that he was unable to be saved from. He raced for many years at Hollywood Speedway, Golden Gate Speedway,Punta Gorda, Tampa Fairgrounds, Orlando Speedway, New Symarna Speedway, Ft. Pierce Speedway, Sunshine Speedway, Inverness Speedway, Citrus, East Bay Raceway, and many other tracks. Message for his many race friends. Thanks, Ron Sr. and Ron Jr.

Condolences…

I am so sorry to hear of your loss. Your family are in my prayers. God bless…
Carol Wicks

Don

Sorry for the loss . My prayers to the Family . RIP Don .

Billy Tokes

Rip

Ron very sorry to here the news about youre brother, our thoughts and prayers are with the abney family, ron and jr if you need any thing you no how to reach me dont hesitate, The careno family

So sorry for your loss, Don was quite the interesting charachter to say the least! Old school racer for sure, that will be missed…

I’m very sorry for your loss, Ron.

I can recall Don in a red and white Super Six #3 at Tampa (Golden Gate) in the early '80s after it reopened.

I am sorry for your loss. Keeping your family in my prayers.

[QUOTE=carolwicks;113161]I am so sorry to hear of your loss. Your family are in my prayers. God bless…
Carol Wicks[/QUOTE]

Thank you so very much. The Abneys

[QUOTE=rpm racing engines;113168]Sorry for the loss . My prayers to the Family . RIP Don .

Billy Tokes[/QUOTE]

Thank you so very much. The Abney Families

Thanks my friend so very much. Ron Sr. and Abney Families

Thank you so very much, The Abney Families

Thank you so very much. The Abney Families

[QUOTE=carolwicks;113161]I am so sorry to hear of your loss. Your family are in my prayers. God bless…
Carol Wicks[/QUOTE]

Thank you Carol, The Abney Families

[QUOTE=rpm racing engines;113168]Sorry for the loss . My prayers to the Family . RIP Don .

Billy Tokes[/QUOTE]

Thank you so much, The Abney Families

[QUOTE=Jimmy McKinley;113177]I’m very sorry for your loss, Ron.

I can recall Don in a red and white Super Six #3 at Tampa (Golden Gate) in the early '80s after it reopened.[/QUOTE]

Thank you so much, The Abney Families

Thanks so much, The Abney Families

Sorry to hear about Don. I used to watch him race at Golden Gate when I was a kid. He was one of my favorites there with his light bulb on top of his race cars!

[SIZE=“4”]Very sorry to hear the news about Don.

Don was a versatile driver with a lot of history at the tracks called out above.

Here’s a few images from the Golden Gate Speedway Programs in my collection;

Gallery of Champions ? Bomber Division. From the 10th Anniversary Edition dated October, 1972 ?

From the July 1, 1977 edition:

RIP my friend.
[/SIZE]

Thank you so very much, The Abney Families

[QUOTE=Jim Fenton;113248][SIZE=“4”]Very sorry to hear the news about Don.

Don was a versatile driver with a lot of history at the tracks called out above.

Here’s a few images from the Golden Gate Speedway Programs in my collection;

Gallery of Champions ? Bomber Division. From the 10th Anniversary Edition dated October, 1972 ?

From the July 1, 1977 edition:

RIP my friend.
[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

thank you jim for the pics and your thought