Top Gun Sprints
East Bay Raceway Park, September 22, 2012
Saldana Heat #1
- 6S Robbie Smith (Tampa, FL)
- 02 Gene Lasker (Tampa, FL)
- 22 Shawn Murray (Jacksonville, FL)
- 55 Kerry Gilbert (Dover, FL)
- 1* Tim George (Venice, FL)
- 7 Kyle Pitts (Mulberry, FL)
- 30 DJ Peeples (Wesley Chapel, FL)
- 8 Rich Alexander (Tampa, FL)
- 50 Rick Byerly (Wesley Chapel, FL)
Scorpion Heat #2
- 3A AJ Maddox (Brandon, FL)
- 82 Danny Martin (Sarasota, FL)
- 12 Colin Cabre (Thonotosassa, FL)
- 19 Keith Butler (Riverview, FL)
- 92 Matt Kurtz (Jacksonville, FL)
- 83 Mark Ruel Jr. (Jacksonville, FL)
- 01 Rebecca George (Venice, FL)
- 5 Tim Grubaugh (Anthony, FL)
Shock Dyno Heat #3
- 38T Tyler Godwin (Tampa, FL)
- 38 Tony Agin (Ft. Myers, FL)
- 24 Stephen Darvalics (Venice, FL)
- 79 David Slawiak (Seffner, FL)
- 9 Sport Allen (Pinellas Park, FL)
- 4 Billy Boyd (Riverview, FL)
- 36 Kenneth Laureno (Port Charlotte, FL)
- G6 Brandon Grubaugh (Ocala, FL)
Boom Trucks Feature
1)82 Danny Martin; 2) 38T Tyler Godwin; 3) 6S Robbie Smith; 4) 24 Stephen Darvalics; 5) 12 Colin Cabre; 6) 38 Tony Agin; 7) 55 Kerry Gilbert; 8) 92 Matt Kurtz; 9) 83 Mark Ruel Jr.; 10) 1* Tim George; 11) 30 DJ Peeples; 12) 22 Shawn Murray; 13) 79 David Slawiak; 14) 8 Rich Alexander; 15) 01 Rebecca George; 16) 5 Tim Grubaugh; 17) 19 Keith Butler; 18) 3A AJ Maddox; 19) 50 Rick Byerly; 20) 36 Kenneth Laureno; 21) 7 Kyle Pitts; DNS 22) 9 Sport Allen; DNS 23) 4 Billy Boyd; DNS 24) G6 Brandon Grubaugh; DNS 25) 02 Gene Lasker; DQ
The Top Gun Sprints made their second visit of 2012 to East Bay Raceway Park on Saturday September 22, 2012. There were 25 cars at the track to give fans three heat races and a 25 lap feature race.
Rich Alexander in the 8 car had the pole with Shawn Murray in the 22 on the outside for the start of the SALDANA heat race. On the start it was Shawn that took the lead, it didn?t last long Robbie Smith in the 6S got around him and took the lead and the win. The 3A of AJ Maddox had the pole for the SCORPION heat race, with Tim Grubaugh in the 5 car on the outside. On the start AJ took the lead and never looked back and took the win. Tony Agin in the 38 car had the pole with Kenneth Laureno in the 36 for the start of the SHOCK DYNO heat race. On the start Tony took the lead then the G6 of Brandon Grubaugh slowed and brought out the caution only to find out blown engine. On the restart Tony got the lead again till his team mate Tyler Godwin in the 38T got around him, then lap 9 Sport Allen in the 9 car spun and also collected the 4 of Billy Boyd which flipped on his side brought out the red. On the restart Tyler stayed out front and took the win.
The 3A of AJ Maddox had the pole for the start of the BOOM TRUCK feature with Stephen Darvalics in the 24 car on the outside. After the parade lap the green flag dropped and it was AJ that took the lead till Tyler Godwin and AJ touched and AJ came to a stop in turn two as he had broken the front axle. That gave the lead to Tyler when the race went green with lots of passing at one time it was 3 wide with Tyler, Danny and Stephen. Till lap 24 Danny went up the middle and made the pass stick and took the win, followed by Tyler Godwin in the 38T car, Robbie Smith in the 6S car, Stephen Darvalics in the 24 car and Colin Cabre in the 12 car rounding out the top 5.
The staff and racers of the Top Gun Sprints would like to thank everyone for their support and hope to see you at Bubba Raceway Park for the September 29, 2012 race.
Congratulations go out to Kerry Gilbert for winning the KSE Hardcharger Award.