Threaded end upper a frame shafts

Looking for info on the old upper a frame shafts with threaded on metal ends to make some a frames for an old 68 model sportsman. I can’t remember what they came stock on and all my buddies have forgot. You ask a parts guy about them and he’s never heard of one. I was thinking old Buick Special or early 60 Chevy pickup. Anyone remember?