Has anyone watched

Has anyone else watched the video on Daytona Speedways site of the track that will be used for the UNOH bash at the beach WHELEN modified and K&N series races during speedweeks? I have and it really didn’t impress me. I wondered what anyone else thought. The one and only time I sat on the back stretch I had a hard time seeing anything but the roof on the cup cars I’m thinking the mods will be impossible to see, can’t decide if the race will be worth $25.00 a night to fight the crowd or the traffic what do you all think?

Wow, whoever said you can practice for the race in a parking lot wasn’t kidding. There is 0.0 banking, I wonder how the racing is gonna be. Why can’t they just build a short track in the infield somewhere? Stands the height of NSS’s wouldn’t affect the view of the speedway, I’ve seen campers taller than that in the infield so why not just build something permanent?

Any information on the small racetrack outside the speedway on the west side ? It looked to be dirt with a 3’ wall round it. It must be new because there were no seats or anything else near it.

[QUOTE=UREZ2PASS;117332]Any information on the small racetrack outside the speedway on the west side ? It looked to be dirt with a 3’ wall round it. It must be new because there were no seats or anything else near it.[/QUOTE]Didn’t they tear down the dog track to build this 1/4 mile “dirt” (shale?) track for the bikes for Bike Week? Didn’t they pay the dog track owners to relocate somewhere else in the county?

They race go karts,been there at least 2 years…

The dog track has been gone for a few years. The little track I’m talking about has been built recently. It’s near the newer tunnel entrance.

I will go because being from the northeast I grew up watching the mods on the big tires and love it!
I agree,wouldnt it be awesome if they had a permanent weekly asphalt & dirt track on the grounds.

The little track is a 1/4 mile limestone go cart track. I found a video about it on YouTube.

[QUOTE=UREZ2PASS;117337]The dog track has been gone for a few years. The little track I’m talking about has been built recently. It’s near the newer tunnel entrance.[/QUOTE]Found it on Google maps. The “new” track is more right in the middle of turns one and two of the big track.

Yes they run short track races there during bikeweek and gocarts there between Christmas and New Years , the dog track was moved across Bellevue Ave ( the road behind the big track ) it’s on east side of I 95 & flea market is on west side of I 95