Great News for 2013

Orlando Speed World is proud to announce we will be racing on Saturday
nights instead of Fridays. We are looking forward to seeing everyone. Please tell all you fans, family, neighnors and sponsors.

Speed World management and employees wish everyone Merry Christmas and a happy New Year.

Butch & Barbara Pierce

good idea hope it works. I will try to get the sportsman over there a few time this coming yearcould never make it on fridays because of work

That’s great news! Should get better car counts with that change.hope to be back out there sometime soon

A bold change! I sure hope it works and improves track business. Naturally, for the first time in 17 seasons I don’t have a car to run there, so it would sure be great if FASCAR and TBARA could work something out.

Not good news for me is it every weekend or every other

Yes they will run every saturday and
I see they have the rules posted already on OSW website.

lets hope they can save the dragstrip too

Mod8, you are right, it is on the website. Now they will have to come up with a duplicate staff: starter, scorers, announcer, track and safety. That will be fun.

U want to bet every other Sat witn NSS.
u will learn how to change gears now or race half as much.
It will cut your cost in half and there lose in half also
Not a bad idea in this day and age…
don62

[QUOTE=Don Nerone;117742]U want to bet every other Sat witn NSS.
u will learn how to change gears now or race half as much.
It will cut your cost in half and there lose in half also
Not a bad idea in this day and age…
don62[/QUOTE]

We used to change gears every weekend…it depends on what you really WANT to do.

[QUOTE=Benny The Mule;117760]We used to change gears every weekend…it depends on what you really WANT to do.[/QUOTE]Same here.

We’d run Tampa on Friday night, and St. Pete on Saturday. When Tampa first closed after the '78 season, we went down to Bradenton on Fridays when they first opened in '79. Then, Tampa came back for a few years, and it was back to Tampa/St. Pete. Then, Tampa closed again, Bradenton went to Saturday nights, and Inverness went to Friday nights. Guess where we headed? Yep - Citrus County for Friday night, and still St. Pete on Saturday.

We changed PLENTY of gears - on Saturday mornings, not in the middle of the week - before heading across the bay. :slight_smile:

Changing QC gears is a piece of cake; some classes have to change the entire rear end. It used to take me a 1 1/2 hours to swap them by myself in mini stocks.

There just aren’t many REAL RACERS any more everyone wants every thing handed to them on a platter. Do you think a real racer would complain about the Governors Cup race is too close to the Snowball so I not going to run it, don’t see guys like David Rogers skipping one because he doesn’t want to scratch his car and have to work before the derby do you?

9" ford here…i wish we would have had quick changes. Most of the time the cars were still on the trailers.:slight_smile:

Where can I get a copy of the modified rules for Speedworld?

go to fascar.org go to nss rules same as osw

[I]There just aren’t many REAL RACERS any more everyone wants every thing handed to them on a platter. Do you think a real racer would complain about the Governors Cup race is too close to the Snowball so I not going to run it, don’t see guys like David Rogers skipping one because he doesn’t want to scratch his car and have to work before the derby do you?

its a bit easier to do when you have a crew and TWO cars.