great start for new dirt track !!!

I had a blast last night in the 4cyl class (31 car). Great job by everyone involved with the Melbourne motorsports park dirt track!!! As expected for opening night, there were a couple of issues to address. Nothing I haven’t seen before. What was cool was the number of people who were at their FIRST race ever last night. …and that’s a GREAT thing !

letting the “show” continue in the rain was without a doubt the right call. The majority of the fans there last night would not have understood a “rain out” at a dirt track. It’s not like they were dealing with sprint cars or something.

They race again in 2 weeks. You can bet your ass I’ll be there !!!

Details please. How did you do? How many cars? Did everyone go home happy, at least as happy as racers can be?

[QUOTE=palmbayer;118233]I had a blast last night in the 4cyl class (31 car). Great job by everyone involved with the Melbourne motorsports park dirt track!!! As expected for opening night, there were a couple of issues to address. Nothing I haven’t seen before. What was cool was the number of people who were at their FIRST race ever last night. …and that’s a GREAT thing !

letting the “show” continue in the rain was without a doubt the right call. The majority of the fans there last night would not have understood a “rain out” at a dirt track. It’s not like they were dealing with sprint cars or something.

They race again in 2 weeks. You can bet your ass I’ll be there !!!
__________________[/QUOTE]

Last night was definitely a blast!! I raced the 4 cyl class also in the 30 car. Glad to hear you will be back in 2 weeks. See you there.

I believe there were 6 in the 8 cyl class and 6 in the 4 cyl class there last night. I had a blast! It seemed like all the racers were happy. A few of the cars had mechanical difficulties, but other than that everyone seemed happy. They scheduled both classes to run 15 lap heats and 30 lap features but adjusted the 4 cyl feature to 20 laps because of the rain. They are hoping to put together a couple more classes if they can get enough cars together. All the rules are on facebook under MelbourneMotorsportsPark/DirtTrack if anyone’s interested in joining us. Hope to see you in 2 weeks.

Racing the way it used to be. …no better way to describe it.

They had around 7 V8 cars and maybe 10 4cyl cars. The guys with bone stock cars seem to all have fun (4cyl drivers for sure). Two drivers came up from clewiston(guessing) with full blown mini stocks. They had a hell of a time with one loading up early. In my opinion, the track is not ready for them.

Ron McCreary had a stock sounding V6 Camaro. He seemed to have fun with it. Zach Curtis showed up with his Buick Roadmaster but had engine issues.

It’s cheap to get into. I have $300 in my car and finished 2nd.

$10 to get in and NO COOLER LIMIT!!!

It’s today’s version of jalopy racing…and it’s great!!!

before.JPG

after.JPG

Melbourne Motorsports Park Dirt Stock Car Racing

Thanks again for everyone’s support. Pictures from last night’s event coming soon. It was a great turn out for our first night. Looking forward to a few more cars joining us for January 19th’s race.

No cooler limit, but we are unfortunately going to have to say NO GLASS at future events.

It is only $10 per person to get in, children under $10 are free. Another $10 per car to enter the race. The 2nd $10 is put into the purse to be paid 100% to the winner of each race. Anyone interested in bringing a car to race can check out the complete rules on our facebook page MelbourneMotorsportsPark/Dirt Track. If you still have questions you can reach us at 321-720-3895. Thanks, Dale

And your car isn’t bent into a V-shape, like the last time you were at Orlando.

Gonna have to join you soon John.

Could you guys see a “rebirth” of the old Orange County Raceway days? :slight_smile: Small cars, big fun! :slight_smile:

A little difficult to see but here’s a short clip of Saturday night’s 4 cyl heat race.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=KH2OKIUGfeY