BRP Winternationals

Wanted to pass this along for everyone…WD

[SIZE=“4”] Open Letter to All Potential
February 2013 Winter Nationals Racers and Guests [/SIZE]

Hello and welcome fellow racers and fans of short track dirt racing!

As you may or may not know my partner Tom Bean and I purchased Ocala Speedway in April 2011. We bought it with the mindset of the track being a great investment and to provide a good place to race, great track conditions, and fair payouts. I think we have been very successful in both.

With 2013 February Winter Nationals quickly approaching, I wanted to reach out to all potential racers and fans from Florida and all other parts of the country to make sure you know the following information:

BRP (Bubba Raceway Park) will have 4 great weeks of racing (see our race schedule)
BRP never charges for camping. Both for racers inside the pits and spectators outside the pits in the surrounding 30acres.
BRP never charges you for your pit support vehicles (golf carts, 4wheelers)
BRP does not charge you a rv or hauler fee at all. None. Once you buy your pit pass your free to park your RV/rig/hauler for FREE.
BRP will have ice bags for sale at $5 a bag. And a free shower facility in the pits.
I bring all this issues up cause I’ve been contacted within the past few days by racers up north asking all these questions.

From what I’ve been told there are some tracks that use the February Florida Winter Nationals as an opportunity to charge (and continue to charge) out of town racers and spectators fees that are not part of a race tracks regular charges. To me this is simply unfair and gouging.

I’ve been told of $40 dollars a day rv and hauler charges, $20 a day camping, $5-7 showers, $20-30 golf cart and 4 wheeler registration fees. Wow… this really upsets me.

Have we as track owners forgot the roots of what short track racing is suppose to be?

Well some tracks might feel comfortable with these tick tack charges - I DON’T.

My partner and I feel this way-

Spectators pay a fair price to enter the grandstands to see good racing. It’s our duty to have competitive food prices and great racing. I can assure you of both.

We also feel that as a racer once you paid your hard earned money to enter the pits, you shouldn’t be nickel and dimed afterward. You are our customers that provide us and the fans racing- that’s the entertainment we are all there to see.

Charging racers for valuable tools they need to race (rigs/haulers/4wheelers) would be in my opinion - like charging a rock band money to park their rigs out back that haul the equipment to the venue.

Promoters have gotten greedy down here in Florida during February, and I’m here to tell you that’s not the case with me, my partner, or Bubba Raceway Park.

Come see the difference for yourself. Or better yet, ask any of the racers from WOO Late Models Series, UMP Modified Series, or the USAC Sprint Car Series that came and raced with us last year in our 1st February Winter Nationals.

I look forward to seeing you in a few weeks. Thank you in advance for your consideration.

Bubba Clem
Owner BRP