February racing has started! How was BRP?

I heard there were 61 LM at BRP for practice. How was the first night of racing? I was going tonight, but my day has gone crazy, so I am heading over there on Thursday instead.

1 word LATE had a freak rain shower right before the 3rd b main took a little while but the track looked really good afterwards lol 67 cars took time not sure how many will be headed to east bay tho. On a different note they had new record set last night for youngest driver to ever make an A main at the ripe age of 11 but he looked good tbh.

He is from Western PA

I don’t care how good he is 11 is WAY TOO YOUNG to be racing anything faster than a legends car. You would think after what happened at Auburndale some of these parents would start using their heads!!!

I have to disagree, my parents put me in an open wheel modified when I was 12. The incident at auburndale was because of improper seat mounting, etc. my parents never let me race without a hans device, racing is a dangerous sport no matter your age, we all know the risks when we get in a race car or when allowing your children to get into one.

67 cars Tuesday night and 70 on Wed…yes on Tues. they did have a HARD 15 min. rain and alot of people left but for those who stayed THE TRACK WAS F-A-S-T …6 cars under 15 sec. and one heck of a feature…

But WED. night HOLLY COW what a race!!!if you was not there then YOU just missed it…can you say (5) FIVE wide at times…Ran a quick program and was done before 11:00…

I really do not understand. I know money is tight but damn $60.00 for 5 night of some AWSOME racing…Makes me wanna go out and get one of these crate LM…let me think about it…Uh NO!! to many fenders…doors and has a tin top for me…but was and is great racing…get out and SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL TRACK guy’s…what will happen if your LOCAL track closes?..we no BITCH BITCH BITCH …

But I do understand about how tough times are…hope you can support YOUR local track this Feb. c-ya at the track…I’ll be in Ocala all month…BRP and MCS

I’m thinking we are going to check out the show at BRP Fri night…

Went last night. Racing was excellent. For $12. G.A. was absolutely shocked to see ‘maybe’ 300 people in the Grandstands. Very sad crowd but excellent racing for the $12.00 admission - well worth it.

That was what I was iludding to…but I step down low enough to count before the B mains started and in the general stands is was EXACTLY 134 people…VERY VERY SAD!!!

as you say for $12.00 NNS, it is a NO BRAINER…and for all the good racing…I know the 1st night was a disaster with the rain but hey can’t help what MN does…I was glad to see it… yes it made for a long night but MY GOD the track was LIGHTNING FAST and great feature race…last night out by 11:00

Just wait until tonight when it’s 30 degees!

[QUOTE=Southern Outlaw;120050]That was what I was iludding to…but I step down low enough to count before the B mains started and in the general stands is was EXACTLY 134 people…VERY VERY SAD!!!

as you say for $12.00 NNS, it is a NO BRAINER…and for all the good racing…I know the 1st night was a disaster with the rain but hey can’t help what MN does…I was glad to see it… yes it made for a long night but MY GOD the track was LIGHTNING FAST and great feature race…last night out by 11:00[/QUOTE]

I hope this means the out of state fans aren,t here yet. 12.00 is quite a bargain given the quality of the field. Mid week shows are not that popular in the south and Ocala is not that heavly populated. North Fla. had an excellant crowd Saturday so it does not appear the locals aren,t ready for some racing.

Green flag at 8! Its 130 miles and I’m just about to go. Been waiting to go all day.