Dirt Stock Car Racing Tonight

Heading over to Melbourne Motorsports Park this evening for some dirt stock car racing :huepfen024:. Anyone else going?

Yep. racing. bringing about 12 people to watch.

Great. I’ll see you there

ill be there with cam’s… not sure if ill video or not yet tho but ill have um there

I’m bringing my sons so we can all cheer for the #31

We got a kick out of MMP! It was great to see so many fans there too.

Have you thought about racing the modified 4 wheeler ATVs? I bet they would be a good fit for the track.

Great race win Tammy !!!

Glad you had fun Boneman !!!

My night ended after the heat race with some major steering issues caused by one of the MANY orange cones I ran over. They just kept jumping in front of my car !!!
That’s my story and I’m sticking too it LOL.

Another great crowd and some more cars. Getting better every time. GREAT JOB TRACK STAFF !!!

SEE YA IN TWO WEEKS !!!

John Gross #31

Thanks John. It was definitely a fun race. We should have even more cars joining us in the next couple of races. I know that Robert Skinner who raced the 09 in the 8 cyl class last night bought 2 more 4 cyl cars and another 8 cyl car this past week. His son Jamie Skinner who usually races the #5 in our class blew apart his transmission in the heat race. Not sure if he’s going to get that one fixed before the next race, or if he’s just going to jump in one of the others that they just bought for now. His other son usually races the 09 but wasn’t able to race this weekend so his dad jumped in it and won. I thought for sure that Zac in the Roadmaster would have won, but Robert was able to keep his out front. There’s also a guy from Tropic Auto Care who is working on a 4 cyl car and 2 people that posted on facebook that they bought 4 cyl cars this week.

Sorry to hear about your steering troubles. You’re too funny with those cones though, but you’re right about them lol. I tried hard not to run them over but they definitely seemed to keep jumping out in front of us. The staff was pretty good about getting them off the track quickly, but they just seemed to keep finding their way back out there. Have some work to do to my car before our next race too. I was surprised that the axle held out for the entire race, but glad it did. It’s a clicking like crazy now though so will go up to the shop one night after work this week and throw another one in it. My exhaust pipe also got ripped off during the race so will have to have my father or brother weld that back on for me since the welder is something that I have yet to learn how to use :slight_smile:

Glad you and the boys had a good time Boneman. The event has gotten bigger and better with each race thus far and hope it continues to grow. The track has had some requests to race 4 wheelers or dirt bikes but with the guardrails and concrete walls they think it would be a little too dangerous. They’re trying to put together a couple of go kart classes, one for the adults and one for the kids. I saw it on the track’s facebook page. They definitely want to get a couple more classes put together, but will have to have enough cars to come together to make putting another class out there worth it. They would really like to do a 6 cyl class but are requiring them to have a 4 pt roll cage installed for safety and nobody seems to want to do that. We already had one of the 4 cyl guys flip over on his lid this weekend and with the extra power a 6 cyl makes it will be a lot easier to flip so the track wants them to have the roll cage. Hopefully they’ll get enough interest that people will do it. I’d put a roll cage in my 4 cyl if they required it. The car is already stripped down to nothing so it doesn’t take much more to put in a cage and the fun I have out there on the track is worth it! Hope you and the family will continue to come out and enjoy the events.

Thanks John. It was definitely a fun race. We should have even more cars joining us in the next couple of races. I know that Robert Skinner who raced the 09 in the 8 cyl class last night bought 3 more 4 cyl cars and another 8 cyl car this past week. His son Jamie Skinner who usually races the #5 in our class blew apart his transmission in the heat race. Not sure if he’s going to get that one fixed before the next race, or if he’s just going to jump in one of the others that they just bought for now. His other son usually races the 09 but wasn’t able to race this weekend so his dad jumped in it and won. I thought for sure that Zac in the Roadmaster would have won, but Robert was able to keep his out front. There’s also a guy from Tropic Auto Care who is working on a 4 cyl car and 2 people that posted on facebook that they bought 4 cyl cars this week.

Sorry to hear about your steering troubles. You’re too funny with those cones, but you’re right about them lol. I tried hard not to run them over but they definitely seemed to keep jumping out in front of us. The staff was pretty good about getting them off the track quickly, but they just seemed to keep jumping back out there. Had to put a new axle in my car this week and weld the exhaust back on. I was surprised that the axle held out for the entire race, but glad it did. It was clicking like crazy. My exhaust pipe got ripped off during the race so had to have my father weld that back on for me since the welder is something that I have yet to learn how to use :slight_smile:

Glad you and the boys had a good time Boneman. The event has gotten bigger and better with each race thus far and hope it continues to grow. A 4 wheeler class has been brought up a couple of times and they?ve discussed it but say it?s too dangerous with the metal guardrails and concrete walls. They wouldn?t want someone to be thrown up against, or pinned to either. They posted on their facebook page that they?d like to start a couple of go kart classes (one for adults and one for kids) and a 6 cyl class. Several people have responded to the 6 cyl class but nobody seems to want to put a 4 pt roll cage in the car. We already had one of the 4 cyl cars that flipped onto his lid this weekend and being that the 6 cyl are even faster, they will be easier to flip. Seems to me that with the car already being stripped that it wouldn?t be that big of deal to weld in a roll cage. I?d put one in my 4 cyl if it was required. Being able to race it would be worth it for me :).

Found some pictures on their facebook page

Can you have a rear wheel drive car in this class??

Mini Sprints? Think they would work out well there too. Of course, after watching the All Stars last night…I have that on the brain.

Yes, as long as it’s a stock 4 cyl. There is a rear wheel drive mustang that races with us.

They are hoping to get the mini sprints and the legend cars out there soon. I think that would be awesome myself.

More racing again this Saturday 2/16/13. Hope more will come check it out, or even get a car out there themselves to race with us!