Desoto Super Speedway Sale Pending

To all of the Racers,Fans ,Track Owners Desoto Super Speedway has a sale pending as of today.

We have cancelled all of the races in March,the new owner will let you know when the Grand Opening day will be, stay tuned in for more infomation. See ya at Speedweeks X90 John Sarppraicone

Well there is some interesting news! It would benefit our state to have this excellent track back in good health. I am so relieved to hear about a “grand opening” day, and not a “ground breaking”. There should be no bulldozers involved with a grand opening!

Maybe Showtime didn’t deliver the knock-out blow that was expected. Maybe the uncertainty at PGS made this property look more attractive too.

John I personally wish you all the best!

Awesome news!

“There should be no bulldozers involved with a grand opening!”…

…unless it’s being used to enlarge the parking area for more fans to attend.

That would be a good thing, right?

[QUOTE=Boneman;120986]
Maybe Showtime didn’t deliver the knock-out blow that was expected. Maybe the uncertainty at PGS made this property look more attractive too.[/QUOTE]

I love Showtime, but Yoho is driving the track into the ground. There’s too much favoritism, bad calls, trash talking and unorganization for it to keep going at the price of his lease. I’m thrilled about the possibility of Desoto being rehabilitated back into the best track in the south.

Florida racing is having a huge come back! First Showtime opening, then Orlando getting with nascar, and now new owners at Desoto! This is good news!!! :huepfen024: :huepfen024: :huepfen024:

Next thing you know, every strip mall will have a slot car track!

well. maybe time to build the new PUNISHER…

Hit the nail right on the head, I’ll be surprised if he can stay open the whole 5 years, best of luck to the new owners of desoto:ernaehrung004:

[QUOTE=x90 John Sarppraicone;120981]To all of the Racers,Fans ,Track Owners Desoto Super Speedway has a sale pending as of today.

We have cancelled all of the races in March,the new owner will let you know when the Grand Opening day will be, stay tuned in for more infomation. See ya at Speedweeks X90 John Sarppraicone[/QUOTE]

Does this mean that ur buying the gas for the boat??

good luck John

Don62

I think a couple dirt tracks opened up in between there somewhere also :huepfen024:

Make it a Friday night DIRT track, and you will have a BUNCH of cars, and NO competition. Staying with asphalt on a Saturday is going nowhere. Too much competition too close by.

Let’s pray it isn’t going to be used to enlarge the pit area for the dragstrip.
With all that’s been going on recently on the short track scene, i wonder if the new owner is Kevin from PGS, the Hart family, or the guy who took over Orlando.

Probably another Yankee coming to Florida to show us how it’s done. Much like that Bronson broad is doing. :slight_smile:

Probably not, they’re too busy having full pit areas and packed grandstands up north to bother with Florida.
A Friday night or Sunday track would be great. With every track in the state fighting for Saturday night I think you could have a great show on some other day of the week!

Might even be Jimmy Cope. He was one of the bidders for Sunshine, maybe he’s still in the market to have his own track.

Desoto

WAs it ever a NASCAR Sanctioned Track?

Yes Bill!

When Stimus owned it they were Nascar sanctioned.

Desoto was nascar sanctioned back in early 90’s along with Sunshine.