-Open Wheel Modifieds

-Late Model Sportsman

-Pro Trucks

-Rookie Trucks

-Street Stock

-Road Warriors

-Pro 4

-Kids Beginner 4’s Class

16 years and younger, see Showtime Speedway Rules. Kids Beginner 4’s class will be required to run four racing wheels and Hoosier tires. Kids will run on the big track, depending on car count.

-Cowboy Cadillac

-T.Q. Midgets

-Dwarf Cars

-South East Champ Karts

-Legends

-Bandoleros

-Dara

-Cars of Yesterday

-Pro Figure Eight

If we left your class out, please let us know.

Desoto Speedway Rules and Procedures of racing is no longer in effect.

All rules, regulations and procedures that were in place at Punta Gorda Speedway, will be implemented at Full Throttle Speedway.

Rules and regulations for classes can be found for now on the PGS web site

http://puntagordaspeedway.com/

We hope this will clear up some of the questions that have been asked.

Remember, everyone racing under the age of 18 years old, will be required to wear a head & neck restraint. Hans- Hutchins

18 years or over must wear a neck collar.

We at Full Throttle Speedway, would like to thank you for your patience

and stay tuned for the up coming schedule.

Thank You From

Team Full Throttle Speedway

Modifieds?

I just check the website and it does not address the tire to run in OWM. Please keep the tire the same as Showtime F53 slick.

Thanks will be there April 6

Only 19 classes?..

Are you sure you can’t find a few more somewhere?

Maybe a Seniors and Juniors division for both the Bandoleros and the Legends classes.

Or let the Pro-4 splinter into a Figure-8 class that runs backwards on the small track.

Can’t you squeeze some drifting in there someplace, too?

19 classes?
Are you freakin’ kidding me?

Mod-Mini running there?

Are the “Late Model Sportsman” similar to what everyone else just calls a “Sportsman”…? Or are they the same animal?

If they are the same, you might want to just call it Sportsman, so as to leave confusion out of it for some racers that may be confused.

As just a fan, in my mind, the LMS I’m picturing more of a Limited Late Model (tube chassis, stock front clip, ABC bodies). If its a true Sportsman class, just call it that.

P.S. - dropping the bullshit No Re-entry policy…?

Just HAD to throw it in, to piss off a few Karnacians…

If that’s the weekly show, that’s what i call a full schedule. You’ll have to start qualifying at 3 in the afternoon if you’re gonna get through all those classes each night.
Kids under 16 might run the big track??? Kids under 16 should be restricted to watching races from the stands. Didn’t learn anything from the Auburndale incident i take it.
Decades ago when Sport Allen, Jeff Gordon, BJ McCleod, and some other young kids started racing alongside the grownups and doing well, it was a novelty, produced a lot of press, and brought in fans. As more and more young kids started racing, the novelty began to wear off. Now, with 12 and 14 year olds being almost the norm in Super Lates, i wonder if the fans are thinking stock car racing can’t take very much skill because the little kids are beating the grownups. Just one more reason people aren’t buying tickets to the races anymore.

Really, no Mod Mini class?

Kids under 16 might run the big track??? Kids under 16 should be restricted to watching races from the stands. Didn’t learn anything from the Auburndale incident i take it.

I have my thoughts about kids racing but it does appear they may have learned something from the A-Dale incident. Everyone under 18 is required to wear a HANS device. That should help prevent the type of injury that took the life of the young racer in Auburndale. I applaud the management for making this change. This is a step in the right direction. There are still kids too small to be racing safely and it has nothing to do with skill or age. It has to do with size and body development.

19 classes?
Are you freakin’ kidding me?

Since I posted something somewhat positive above, maybe I can try to keep this from being too negative. I would assume all these classes won’t be running the same night. If they are, then I would have nothing but negative comments. So you are going to have 200 drivers divided into 20 classes giving each class an average car count of 10. Just imagine if you only had 10 classes with the same number of drivers. You could have 20 cars in each class. It actually appears you will have 10 classes that run regularly. I would think you would be doing very well to have 150 cars/drivers on any given night, probably less. So if you are having a good night, you’ll average 15 cars per class. That’s considered good for Florida asphalt racing but it could be much better if some of these classes were eliminated of consolidated. JMO, and I’m not trying to tell the new owners what they should be doing. Everyone else can do that.

[QUOTE=Winger;121962]I have my thoughts about kids racing but it does appear they may have learned something from the A-Dale incident. Everyone under 18 is required to wear a HANS device. That should help prevent the type of injury that took the life of the young racer in Auburndale. I applaud the management for making this change. This is a step in the right direction. There are still kids too small to be racing safely and it has nothing to do with skill or age. It has to do with size and body development.

Since I posted something somewhat positive above, maybe I can try to keep this from being too negative. I would assume all these classes won’t be running the same night. If they are, then I would have nothing but negative comments. So you are going to have 200 drivers divided into 20 classes giving each class an average car count of 10. Just imagine if you only had 10 classes with the same number of drivers. You could have 20 cars in each class. It actually appears you will have 10 classes that run regularly. I would think you would be doing very well to have 150 cars/drivers on any given night, probably less. So if you are having a good night, you’ll average 15 cars per class. That’s considered good for Florida asphalt racing but it could be much better if some of these classes were eliminated of consolidated. JMO, and I’m not trying to tell the new owners what they should be doing. Everyone else can do that.[/QUOTE]

Se no matter what u post there will be the same guys telling u what ue dooing wrong. I though it was cool to put up all the classes u could think of. And yes they cryed that u still left them out. I rember when u srarted at PGS and there wernt many post on here and they cryed then also. As a track oprator u should never post anything on this board. It never works out fot the best for the track.
So glad i get ti say what i think. Most of the racers and fans on here are great just a few Dicks.

don62

I’m sure they are running less than half for the classes nightly. They will probably split it up.

It certainly looks to me like they are putting it out there to everyone that owns any type of race car there will be a spot for them at the track.

Except for mini stock/mod mini/mini supers/super mini lates or whatever they are called now. (just kidding).

I do wonder why they are not shown. I have noticed the car counts have been VERY thin in that class the past few years everywhere, not just in the south.

Mod-Mini’s

Really well thats ok NSS and OSW and Showtime, Citrus and Auburndale here we come.

Full Theottle Speedway

Knowing Williams and what he’s done before at Punta Gorda,I would guess he’ll run 6 or 7 classes of cars per event.He’ll then rotate each class every week.

But as I stated before,he needs to have an agreement w/ Robert Yoho and Showtime,so they’re not running the same classes of cars on the same night.