Citrus Icebreaker Question ?

When is an Icebreaker not an Icebreaker? Just didn’t seem the same having this year’s Icebreaker event at Citrus rather than DeSoto. The announcer did a great job in trying to tie in the event’s history to the night’s activity but to me something was lacking. Great racing in the 100 lapper up until lap 54 when someone covered the track with fluid. Last 46 laps were somewhat of a snoozer. Anderson wins again. Great drive by Webster for second, and Randy Anderson coming home third after Cataldie dropped out. Modified feature was one of the better modified shows I have seen in sometime at our local tracks. At times there was a seven car pack battling it out for the lead. Smith had a great ride coming from the back of the 12 car field to win the non-stop 45 lapper. LG Grimm had a fantastic run for second and Neuman also up from the back finishing third.Another good Sportsman race with Mike Bell winning over a hard charging Williamson. Flanagan in the SS division was worth the price of admission in watching him wheel the black #3 around the track. 50 lap Mini stock also a very good feature with Jenkins winning after Eberly’s fantastic drive was cut short with problems. Apopka’s Kory Abbot winning once again in the legends. Great talent. Ray in the Pure Stocks. Bandolero’s to Lively in the #24. 17 Late Models with 15 taking the green. Murphy and Dorer broke in practice. All in all a very good night at Citrus again, although the car count seems to be dwindling. One thing for sure about this Icebreaker is that it was COLD !!! COLD!!! COLD!!!

Icemaker 100

I drove 2 hours and was disappointed with the car count in the supers. I expected the locals to be a big difference but no Neuman and some of the other tough to beat cars. The other thing was waiting until very last to run the super race. It was 1:00 before I got home, and it was cold. Happy to see Webster run come home 2nd. The OWM race was great.

Yeah, the schedule was dumb. The OWM race was good, The SLM turnout was a disappointment again. But on the plus side, Citrus County is a very good race track. I think they tried WAY too hard with the Icebreaker tradition stuff.

Remember Citrus took this race on after it was cancelled at “Desoto” and took the whole schedule from there and added it into there schedule. Really cold and windy may have kept some people away. Thought they did a pretty good job of pulling it off.