Speed51 sucks

I would rather sit in front of a strobe light reading KARNAC than look for something on speed51. That site makes my bowels irritable trying to find results. The home page is so cluttered with colorful crap it will make you feel like your tripping acid if you stare at it. Keep up the good work KARNAC.

Welcome to the digital age of marketing. As soon as site owners realized they could cram every tiny bit of space on every page with ads while putting in the very minimum amount of actual content, and saw that the users were willing to put up with it, there is no limit to the content vs. ads ratio getting much more dramatic. I’d say Speed51 is one of the very worst, but there are others. I don’t visit Speed51 because of the ads and because i refuse to help Bob Dillner make money. How that dufus ever got an announcing gig i’ll never know.
Social media has taken over for track PR guys, and Speed51 is the result.

Bitch if you want…I love the trackside now coverage and exposure they provide. Bob D is a bit of a goof, but he has invested in something he loves and I benefit from it.

I sent Bob a short email about his site. It’s funny that he uses a Gmail account and the rest of them uses a site email account.

This is how the site would look without ads…
(click to view full size)

[QUOTE=VeaseyRacing;123436]I sent Bob a short email about his site. It’s funny that he uses a Gmail account and the rest of them uses a site email account.

This is how the site would look without ads…
(click to view full size)

[/QUOTE]

So there is something other than ads. :slight_smile:

I don’t go there for the news or results, I go for the Trackside Live coverage. They do a GREAT job of covering all the inside info for all the biggest short track events. Speed51 is providing great entertainment to me for zero cost. How could I possibly bitch about that?

I hope they keep up, if not expand upon, the outstanding job they do.

For the slow people, I’m complaining about all the ads they have. It’s too cluttered. The track side coverage is good.

We all know Jerry likes free stuff, cheap cheap cheap. LOL !

Really? There’s two sites that support our sport and you’re going to knock one of them? Maybe just be happy that they go to tracks and provide coverage for free. I love that site, could it be improved? Probably, but I’m not going to complain, I’m just happy it exists. No offense to this site but it is a forum, they don’t have up to the minute pictures and track front coverage from the race. They can put all of the ads up they want in my opinion, they give me free coverage. This site would have that many ads if people wanted to advertise on it, no offense to this site I like it too, I like anything race related.

Yes really, I am. It sucks. :grinser010: The home page is to busy with ads. That’s my complaint, welcome to america. Pay your taxes so the welfare people can eat steak and lobster on their food stamps and get free cell phones. I have lots of complaints, want some more ?

This site is much more than a forum. Look around it sometime. Also, there are alot of websites that support our sport. That is all. :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=Frasson118;123442]I don’t go there for the news or results, I go for the Trackside Live coverage. They do a GREAT job of covering all the inside info for all the biggest short track events. Speed51 is providing great entertainment to me for zero cost. How could I possibly bitch about that?

I hope they keep up, if not expand upon, the outstanding job they do.[/QUOTE]

HAHA ! Just yesterday you were reminded of the trackside coverage. Quit smokin that junk so you can remember stuff. :huepfen024:

Maybe just be happy that they go to tracks and provide coverage for free.

Um it’s not free…Believe me if there was no money in it they wouldn’t do it…

Speed51 even advertises during the racecast. Just food for thought here, but there is NOTHING on Speed51 racecasts that couldn’t easily be done by the tracks themselves. One social media savvy person in the booth could stream comment on the track web site. And that one person could give far more information about local racers and race history than Speed51 ever could. More incentive for local advertisers to jump on board. You bet.

[QUOTE=UREZ2PASS;123475]Yes really, I am. It sucks. :grinser010: The home page is to busy with ads. That’s my complaint, welcome to america. Pay your taxes so the welfare people can eat steak and lobster on their food stamps and get free cell phones. I have lots of complaints, want some more ?

This site is much more than a forum. Look around it sometime. Also, there are alot of websites that support our sport. That is all. :)[/QUOTE]

I agree, believe me I complain about that stuff all day…yesterday I saw the last flight of the Thunderbirds for the year because of budget cuts, something that doesn’t even TOUCH the amount spent on welfare for people buying steak and lobster on food stamps. They want to hurt us to make it look like they are doing something productive, this country is going down the tubes quick.

Rick, it is FREE for me. I did not say it does not cost anything or does not make money, I said its free for me, I don’t pay a dime.

Speed51 sucks!

oooooooooh,acid!! I’m trippin’ now,and I don’t mean Sleepy Tripp…