Oh goody Frass again !

What you do not know sir is how much you are held back from doing what is needed to accomplish it Frass. Of course we know if you owned a track, by the way maybe they should let you do it, all would be awesome cause you have all the answers and know it all. We know this cause you tell us !

Unfortunately Ozzie was also not told all the great info when he bought it, but has learned of many great problems and issues to tackle.

I really think he should hire Jerry as a consultant, where else can you get all the right answers you need for some beer and free race passes, and beer.

hmmmm

in case you havent noticed… Ozzie is TRYING to stay out of race track politics… i do support Kevin in whatever he does because I know what he can do for FTS… I know what a mess he bought but i also know PGS was a mess and turned into the jewel of sw Fl. I am sad about what happened but it isnt my business so i am TRYING to stay out and just stand by a man who REALLY cares. That’s all folks. :wink:
Ozzie :auto003:

Rick I agree with you. F118 should be hired. He has more knowledge of racing in his little finger than most of us have in our whole body. However, the only way it would work with him, is if he was given complete control of the track and a budget to work with. Just my opinion. billy.

[QUOTE=Rick B.;123524]What you do not know sir is how much you are held back from doing what is needed to accomplish it Frass. Of course we know if you owned a track, by the way maybe they should let you do it, all would be awesome cause you have all the answers and know it all. We know this cause you tell us !

Unfortunately Ozzie was also not told all the great info when he bought it, but has learned of many great problems and issues to tackle.

I really think he should hire Jerry as a consultant, where else can you get all the right answers you need for some beer and free race passes, and beer.[/QUOTE]
Free beer?? now that would get jerry to the track…
Its different talking about running a track and dooing it.Jerry is a big race fan but couldent drive a nail in a watermellon.
Rich has been learning about the job for many years and i think he does a good job.
Didnt alwase think that…
Good luck Rick in whatever u take on.

Nat bzzzz Don62

Typical Rick running off at the mouth over things that weren’t even said.

Go back and read my post on the OSW thread… PLEASE find anything I said about what SHOULD be done there. All I said was it needs new blood, new thinking, new people.

You had YOUR chance to implement your ideas and plans. How did that work out in the big picture? There was ZERO improvement, and quite possibly a decline while you were at the reins. You’ve got a lot of balls to criticize the people who haven’t even started yet, while your own history shows you yourself failed miserably.

For such a supposedly ‘holy’ guy, you’ve sure got a mean spirited streak to you.

Jerry is the best fan liaison ANY track could have. …Even if he only has ONE answer to the myriad of problems all tracks are facing, its ONE answer more than you have.

WAKE UP CLOWNS !!! “The way we used to do it” attitude will NEVER work again. Most of those fans are too old to stay up and out that late. (there are a few diehard exceptions HA HA).

The “Old School” has been closed. …it was outdated.

I don’t normally write on this site BUT will this time.
My money would always be on Jerry… he knows more about racing than ANYONE I know…PERIOD… he is well-informed on who’s who regarding drivers around the country, has visited more tracks than anyone I know. The one thing I especially respect about Jerry… you never have to guess where he’s coming from after reading his post… he has the balls to say what others fear… He may be a small person, but he’s a giant when it comes to knowledge of racing… I have the upmost of respect for him and I honestly think those that “Have a problem” with him are actually jealous because they can’t carry on a conversation with him regarding racing facts/etc.
The man calls it like he see’s it… and that pisses some people off… too damn bad huh?
OSF

[QUOTE=Old Sunshine Fan;123545]I don’t normally write on this site BUT will this time.
My money would always be on Jerry… he knows more about racing than ANYONE I know…PERIOD… he is well-informed on who’s who regarding drivers around the country, has visited more tracks than anyone I know. The one thing I especially respect about Jerry… you never have to guess where he’s coming from after reading his post… he has the balls to say what others fear… He may be a small person, but he’s a giant when it comes to knowledge of racing… I have the upmost of respect for him and I honestly think those that “Have a problem” with him are actually jealous because they can’t carry on a conversation with him regarding racing facts/etc.
The man calls it like he see’s it… and that pisses some people off… too damn bad huh?
OSF[/QUOTE]
Well, I was going to post something but OSF has said it all. I may not always agree with Jerry but, as a rule, I agree most of the time.

[QUOTE=palmbayer;123541]Jerry is the best fan liaison ANY track could have. …Even if he only has ONE answer to the myriad of problems all tracks are facing, its ONE answer more than you have.

WAKE UP CLOWNS !!! “The way we used to do it” attitude will NEVER work again. Most of those fans are too old to stay up and out that late. (there are a few diehard exceptions HA HA).

The “Old School” has been closed. …it was outdated.[/QUOTE]

Well if u dont open the old school the school houses will go away.
In the last 5 years most of the tracks have gone down hill. I have read from all the new experts how to fix this and most of the tracks listened and iy got worse.
If u want to see them rercover you must go back to the old school that worked for many years. Good short track racing.
Racing didnt have a form ware a few crew members a drunk or two and a disgrenteled fan and a driver with a split personality could chang all the tracks way of dooing things.
These people are the few not the many.
T he real race fan wants to go to the races and have a good time and dont read this crap…Grow up
If i was talking about u just sppe up bit let me know witch group u are.

Nat bzzzz z62

[QUOTE=Rick B.;123524]What you do not know sir is how much you are held back from doing what is needed to accomplish it Frass. Of course we know if you owned a track, by the way maybe they should let you do it, all would be awesome cause you have all the answers and know it all. We know this cause you tell us !

I really think he should hire Jerry as a consultant, where else can you get all the right answers you need for some beer and free race passes, and beer.[/QUOTE]

I’m sure you know what you’re doing here Rick, so far be it from me to make any suggestions. But i’ll make one anyway.
You put on at least one annual charity event that i know of, maybe more. Trash talking on an internet site isn’t likely to help your image, the image of your charity, or increase your donations. For that matter, it reflects badly on the young mans’ name you use for your charity.
So from all of us who think you should shut up before you alienate more potential donors and diminish your charity and the people associated with it, SHUT UP.

what can we do but try,everybody is talking about we can’t do it the old school way…but I wish we could because that’s where I’m from…the economy is so much different now than 30 years ago when we all started doing this racing thing.I think that is the biggest problem with the car counts and fan attendance.When I first started racing in 78 at Sunshine Speedway,it cost $6 for pit entry,$3.50 on the fan side,concessions were a lot cheaper,you could buy black & white pictures for $1,$2 for color…the fans also had access to buying the pictures at the track on the fan side as well as driver shirts/hats.
I don’t know I just honestly think the majority of the problem is the economy.But just my opinion…were gonna be coming for as long as we can afford it.
Let’s keep trying!!!
Jeff

Ok I see Matt, and Jerry !

Matt everyone else can come on say what they want but because I have a charity event and am friends with Joey I have to avoid it. I did not say Jerry does not know about racing, knowing history and what has happened and who drivers are and all is great. But that does not make you someone who can promote a track, series, event etc. He stated earlier he did not say he knew how to do it, he didnt this time, but seems to always have the answers on how to do it, what to do but it is easy to say when you sit on here, and are not in the work of it. He stated that I accomplished nothing, and it declined. Well I have the info from the beginning if that year, I was out all over town, displaying my truck at my expense passing out tickets, flyers inviting and in the first couple months we had increasing nights in the stand and the car count had improved some, then 10 or the next 12 weeks we were rained or seeped out ! all the momentum and effort was thrown out. So when finally in late September we were able to race again we had to start over again, and saw a few increased night. With no advertising dollars being spent and only relying on flyer and tickets it is hard to go very fast. But he can say as he wants, but I know and have the info to know otherwise. Jerry I was commenting on the post, you decided to jump on my post, and so because I responded I have a mean streak…but remember this just because I have debated you, and said things back. If you were in need of assistance tomorrow, if you or someone you loved was facing a serious or even terminal illness I would be there to help in any way possible. I am not perfect, I have just been forgiven. Matt I could tell you the same thing I guess, to shut up but you have the right to say what you want. You have shared your negative opinions about other series, tracks etc. How come I have to shut up and your trap continues to run ? I think that is a fair question, but I am sure will get a sarcastic answer. I will however heed a bit of your advice and refrain from saying anything else because clearly the rules are different for me, than you and Frass. So I will leave you to control all that should be said on here.

Some (possibly MANY) will & have disagreed with me some/most of the time… BUT… I put a LOT back into this sport. Between BBQ’s, Reunions, Lap Sponsorships, Hard Luck Awards… some of you loudmouths that have nothing good, EVER, to say about me, just shows how clueless that some of you are. This sport needs MORE of people like me, not less of them.

I don’t look for any kind of fame, a pat on the back, or even a dollar to be made or saved.

Look around Karnac World and see if ANYONE has ever paid me a penny for the things I do to help promote this sport. You won’t find one… even if someone wants to donate, my standard answer is “I haven’t accepted anything from anyone else, and I’m not starting with you”.

No… I DON’T know the answers of how to fix things. But, I do a SHITLOAD. Of things that help the sport. Maybe Rick & Don would’ve been able to HELP the sport if they knew the difference between friends and enemies of the sport. They obviously don’t get it.

If 1000 people were as pationate about this as I am, you should be counting your stars, or thanking your higher power that there ARE people that care this much.

But then again, it’s much easier to criticize…

BYW Rick… For the piece of shit that I am, I didn’t see you turn down my money when I helped YOUR events.

PS - Thanks to you guys that did have my back on this. I’m not stupid, crazy, or way off base on this.

I’ve never looked for any kind of validation, but it’s nice to know that fellow race FANS think somewhat along the same lines.

Thank You my FRIENDS…!!

Ps - Matt… Never met you, but would gladly buy the first beer when we do eventually meet… It’s on me bro…

Just Great!!!

I’m out of popcorn!
Jerrrrr rrrrry! Jerrrrrrrrrrrrrry! Jefrrrrrrrrrrrrrry! Oh wait, different show…

Rick, whatever happened to “turn the other cheek” ? Or something Christian like that?

:slight_smile:

[QUOTE=RSB;123584]I’m out of popcorn!

:)[/QUOTE]

POST OF THE MONTH ! :slight_smile:

I WANT MY JERRY BEADS!!!

[QUOTE=RSB;123584]I’m out of popcorn!

Rick, whatever happened to “turn the other cheek” ? Or something Christian like that?

:)[/QUOTE]

RSB i though he did in the post i read !!
WE are not best friends but his heart is in the right place and he means well with everything he does.
He is a good christian and hope he helps the rest of you to be also.
Just ask him for help and he will be the first one there to help.

Don62

If I want to hear from an asshole…

…I’ll FART! Hee, hee just kidding!!!You’re right, Rick did finally drop it.
I’ve never met Rick but he does seem to be a pretty decent guy. He sure “lost it” in this thread. Entertaining…:aetsch013::aetsch013::aetsch013:

Wtf, deliberately starting a thread just to take a shot at Jerry. Rick doesn’t try to be condescending, it comes natural. When you were in charge the infield and grand stands were packed right? You had your chance and blew it. STFU