Punta Gorda Speedway

[QUOTE=steadysteve;125091]When he leased the track 4 years ago,Piper road was still two-lane road.AFTER Williams leased the track,The county,at the Airport’s request,expanded Piper road to 4 lanes,making the entrance to the Airport more appealing.Doing so,they took half the parking lot from the speedway,ad turned it into a soup bowl.thus,without the draiage,the speedway cancelled numerous shows.So yeah,I think Williams could sue.

Look,I’m not fond of the guy.He wouldnt let me in early for a show about a year ago during the summer months,and I alnost had heat stroke.,and he acted like a prick.Yet,he still has a potential lawsuit against BOTH the county and the airport.[/QUOTE]

And i’m sure the County and the Airport Authority have a whopper of a potential lawsuit against Kevin and Mike. Let’s all sit back and wait to see what happens.
That’s not the first time the word prick has been used to describe Kevin. I always had a great time at PGS, but I’ve heard plenty of stories about people who didn’t.

[QUOTE=steadysteve;125091]When he leased the track 4 years ago,Piper road was still two-lane road.AFTER Williams leased the track,The county,at the Airport’s request,expanded Piper road to 4 lanes,making the entrance to the Airport more appealing.Doing so,they took half the parking lot from the speedway,ad turned it into a soup bowl.thus,without the draiage,the speedway cancelled numerous shows.So yeah,I think Williams could sue.

Look,I’m not fond of the guy.He wouldnt let me in early for a show about a year ago during the summer months,and I alnost had heat stroke.,and he acted like a prick.Yet,he still has a potential lawsuit against BOTH the county and the airport.[/QUOTE]

Again people need to know the whole story not just half of it. That road was in the plans for quite some time and was known that is was going in at the time of the lease signing. There were other options given to them that were not pursued because it was not convenient or cost effective to them. It was even said that it should not be a problem by closing down during the summer rainy months which turned out to be longer than they had originally thought. So no they really don’t have a lawsuit for that. If he did it would have already been filed and underway. Some of those dates that were cancelled it never even rained or if it did the parking area was not wet. Cancelled on pure speculation of it raining and it did not. Who can you sue for that? I think people need to just let it take it’s coarse and just see what happens in the end.

I know what the end is

It’s now I get to go to the races half as much.Unless I move up to the center of the state.Oh well, I’ll be back up in central Ohio before long and I 'll be between three tracks instead of 100 miles away from the closest one.One even runs on Friday night.

[QUOTE=flvideo;124806]He leased it with good drainage in the parking lot! When Kevin left he only took what was his! To get the stands out the fence had to be taken down. I heard that the insurance people had said that there was a non renewal on the insurance because of the catch on the front straight so it had to come down. There was no speakers on the fence the only wiring there was the time clock witch somebody cut a few months ago and it was patched up. There are a bunch talking about what they know nothing about. You are looking at that video Wink shot and its is biased. I have been in the video business for 30 years and I can shoot pictures of your grandma baking cookie’s in a negative light. You listened to PAM SEAY and she is biased as well she wants the CCAA to play the victim here but they are in fact the Villain’s and all of you in Charlotte County should vote every one of those jerks out of office. I do hope someone opens a track there! I hate to see any track close. I have worked with promoters for 30 years and I will tell you Kevin Williams is the best I have ever worked with bar none. To those that don’t know who Flvideo is I am Bob Culbertson, if you have a problem with what I have said we can meet face to face.[/QU

:ernaehrung004:how did he get them in without taking the fence down?

I guess we’ll have to meet Bob Culbertson face to face to find out. Apparently everyone at the tv station, and everyone in local politics around there is biased against Kevin and Mike. I’m wondering why the tv station would be biased against Kevin. Or maybe it was just the camera man who was biased.

I was told yesterday 4/18/13 by Leroy Davidson the gentlemen that put them in when the hurricane Charley damaged the track. Leroy got these bleachers from the old Sunshine speedway when it closed, He says when he trucked them in and were placed at the track the truck drove up beside the cement slab that the bleaacher were to be placed and unloaded them it was done from the back side(where the bleacher sat) in front of the offices building where there is no fencing in the way. Which if you have every been to the track it make very good since it was done this way the cement slab would have been just about the height of the flat bed trailer or a box truck to unload them.

I Have been in the moving and rigging business for over 40 year and this would have been the way I would have taken them out also.

Gary Laplant

Update on future lease of PGS

Spoke to a lady with the Charlotte County Airport Authority today (Friday, April 19th). She said that the they will have a date in mid May when potential lessees can inspect the track. I would think that the next step after this inspection would be for the interested lessees to submit their bids. This will probably take about 60 days. That would bring us to mid July.

Any new news…?

The last thing I saw or heard

Was early last week on the local NBC station.An airport official stated there was a little snafu with the bidding process and they expected it all to be ironed out by August.I don’t recall the mans name but it wasn’t the blonde that ripped on Kevin Williams.It was a very short segment maybe not even 30 seconds inlength.

Stolen grand stands

No I wasn’t at the lease signing, but from what I have seen and read on here, either the airport owned the stands or Leroy owned them being he acquired them, but Williams had no ownership in them. We the fans are the ones that got ripped off by Williams, when he did everything but burn our track down in hopes that it would never open again. Sure wish I could read that lease agreement and then if I’m wrong I will shut up but I’m just up-set that he had the attitude that if I can’t have it no one will. Just a Charlotte County Speedway (PGS) fan since 1993

Nope,neither was I

But that’s the latest news I have heard about the place as of today.August target date onthe bidding process (they left it kind of unclear if they meant that to mean start the process or end it)So until then it is just patronize another track.But it’s a damn long drive from Lee County anywhere else.

JR Ewing said it was a fair and legal so stop crying about it

time marches on

Here is a thought

I could be wrong but here is a thought that sounds logical.

Leroy bought bleachers, he sells track and assets to Bobby. Which makes bobby now owner of bleachers. Bobby then sells track and assets to Kevin, which makes Kevin now owner of the bleachers. Looks like no one stepped up to buy them so would he not still own them???

Just way it looks to me

maybe so

[QUOTE=Pun33;125604]JR Ewing said it was a fair and legal so stop crying about it

time marches on[/QUOTE]

But he drank a lot.And then his girlfriend shot him.

[QUOTE=sunshinestateracing2;125630]I could be wrong but here is a thought that sounds logical.

Leroy bought bleachers, he sells track and assets to Bobby. Which makes bobby now owner of bleachers. Bobby then sells track and assets to Kevin, which makes Kevin now owner of the bleachers. Looks like no one stepped up to buy them so would he not still own them???

Just way it looks to me[/QUOTE]

Makes sense. If Kevin bought assets of track from Bobby AND the bleachers were part of those assets, then yes Kevin does own them. I did ask Kevin if he wanted to sell some bleachers. He told me to call Pat around the first week in April. I did call Pat and he said that Kevin has now decided that he does not want to sell any bleachers. No reason given.

[QUOTE=sunshinestateracing2;125630]I could be wrong but here is a thought that sounds logical.

Just way it looks to me[/QUOTE]

The ownership of the bleachers is not the real issue here. The premeditated damage and destruction of the property not owned by him that is the real issue. If you would listened to him in drivers meetings and other conversations along the way you would have heard him say more than once that if the airport authority did not work it out with him he would make sure that no one else would open up a race track there again. Looks like he was a man of word. Or at least tried to be.

Don’t understand

So you guys are saying, if I lease a service station lets say and when my lease is up I can take all the lifts from the service bays that was there when I signed the lease??? Wow I didn’t know that. I’ll never buy another car, I will just lease it for three years and then keep it. Thanks you folks are going to save me a lot of money now that I know how leases work. Will that work on a house too?? I could lease it for a year or two , then gut it of everything inside it and sell it for a profit and go lease another nice house to live in for a few years, Wow I had no idea, man was I ever stupid for buying stuff all these years

I am not saying he has the right to take the bleachers or whatever. I don’t think he has the right if they had been permitted and become part of the structure. The damage done to the facility removing the so called personal property is what I am referring to here. No gutting a house out just to remove a sofa and some furniture is not ok!

Thanks for all the info…