Bronson history info ?

Okay guys help me out here.The three blacktop tracks still operating here in Florida I have not yet been to are 5 Flags,Ellisville,and Bronson.I know the least about Bronson.In fact had never even heard of it until just last year.So any of you guys who are in the know please give me a little background on the place such as when it first opened,any big late model events that may have been held there in years gone by etc.I know they don’t run late models there any more but a little history lesson please?

??? Bronson is the only track not running Late Models. Ellisville had them last weekend and a big race planned May 18th. Bronson has not had a LM race sence Mike Cope owned it several years ago…
-JIM-

Bronson hasn’t been open for a couple of years now, has it?

Yes it has and starting its 3rd season under the ownership of Ann Young. She does NOT ALLOW anything about HER track to advertise or promote anything on a message board. Several have been fired and banned for trying… She relys only on a facebook page and has finally opened a web page under www.racebronson.wordpress.com. I raced there,along with several others, last year and we won’t go back. “If you need fuel, there is a gas station accross the street” was her quote for race fuel. Starting her 3rd season without it…
Last Saturday she advertised 5+ classes to race… only 3 classes showed up with a total of 13 cars in the pits… Really sad for a great little track…
-JIM-

[QUOTE=ocalasp76;124739]Yes it has and starting its 3rd season under the ownership of Ann Young. She does NOT ALLOW anything about HER track to advertise or promote anything on a message board. Several have been fired and banned for trying… She relys only on a facebook page and has finally opened a web page under www.racebronson.wordpress.com. I raced there,along with several others, last year and we won’t go back. “If you need fuel, there is a gas station accross the street” was her quote for race fuel. Starting her 3rd season without it…
Last Saturday she advertised 5+ classes to race… only 3 classes showed up with a total of 13 cars in the pits… Really sad for a great little track…
-JIM-[/QUOTE]So how does she expect to “get the word out” about the track even being open? Any local (TV/radio) advertising at all? Or relying just on FaceBook?

That’s about it. A small local paper in the area had a reporter show up,take pictures,and write about the racing for the locals. She told him to stop because SHE did not authorize it. He claimed free press and showed up anyway. She banned him from the property. All his stories were positive and very well done too. I still follow his paper on F/B about the area of Bronson, Williston, and Chiefland… where the fan base is.

Like you said “Bronson hasn’t been open for a couple years now”… Well, yes it has, but won’t be for much longer, and she will go back to NY with her tail between her legs wondering ‘What happened?’
-Ge Um-

PS… don’t ask about our year end Banquet either. Still pisses me off to think about it :mad:

It’s really sad to see how bad asphalt racing has gotten up here. Citrus is the only track with a decent car count and its 1 1/2 hours away. Sux.

What happened with the banquet. I’m curious, who/when was the track built.

Banquet HAHAHA!

If you call what she spent money on a banquet, well it was terrible.
Drivers were promised at the beginning of the season that the 50/50 money was going toward the drives point fund. No money ever appeared at the banquet. The trophies that she handed out for Champions were smaller than a normal Feature Winner trophy. Second place got a plaque about 5"x5". A lot of us left early.
I am one of the ones that left there because of OVER MICRO MANAGING and not allowing those that could help her to help. IF IT ISN’T HER WAY, FORGET IT.

Ellisville on the other hand has been more than grateful for the help that some of us have offered. We have a 50 lap Modeified race coming up on May 11th and a 50 lap Late Model race on May 18th. Check out our web site for information.
www.ellisvillespeedway.net