Florida Tracks ??

well in just a few years i have been reading the board about the new promoters at the old tracks in florida
Bronson (YANKEE TOWN )
PGS ( going to change to FLY IN )
Desoto ( Full of Bull)
Ocala (bubba the dish rag )
VCS
Sun Shine ( Show Time…go figger)
Columbia ( ellisville is not bad that is what every one called it anyway)
OSW. ( the track next to the dragstrip)
First thing is to change the name???Dont change there name( promote the name)
Some of these tracks have had there name 30 years .

Some things will never change. When they start they are going to save the sport.
In just one season the racers on the board will sell them down the river…
As i have said many times suport your local track…
I think that Bronson gets the trophy for dumb ideas…
Showtime get the …I dont beleave he pulled it of trophy from me !!!
OSW the slowest start
VCS are they open ?? Ouietest track trophy
I left one out…East Bay… WFO…didnt change the name …Didnt try to change the world…They just had some kick @ss stock car racing and everyone went…
So now would be a nice time to post what u like about ur local track…

Don62

Right. Could Full Throttle get sued for using the name of an energy drink?

[QUOTE=Don Nerone;124798]So now would be a nice time to post what u like about your local track…

Don62[/QUOTE]Let’s see:

Heat races set the field for the feature - with the fast guys in the back. (I still don’t like time trials for a weekly show; use points to set up lineups for heat races, inverted).

Four-car, four-lap trophy dashes.

Decent food and drinks at decent prices, with a “family-size” deal.

Not too expensive to get into grandstands.

Supermodifieds a few times a year :slight_smile:

Outlaw-style wedge type Late Models. However…

“New-car” divisions - four- and six-cylinder classes - both “strictly” stock, and “souped up”. Hondas, Nissans, Toyotas, Cavaliers, Sunbirds, Neons, Mitsubishis, even a guy with an old Porsche 928. Not too many Fords, though :stuck_out_tongue: Face it; Late Models as we know them (“big” bodied, V8, carburetors, rear-wheel-drive…) may not be around much longer…these are the cars that replaced the old Goody’s Dash series, and are still going: http://iscarsonline.com/

A printed race program, so that the fans in the stands can follow what’s going on, and who’s driving what car - especially if you’re a first-time fan or visitor to the race track.

An announcer that you can understand - see above. PA system also works very well.

Very well-lit - both the track and the stands.

Four or five divisions max. Start racing at 7:30, outta there by 10:30-11. One track up here starts at 6:30pm, while it’s still daylight out, and we were out of there by 9:45. Got home and in bed before 11:00.

Full fields of cars in every division, along with full stands.

Nearly every track runs the same rules in every division, even though some may call it a different name.

Run something on other days of the week. One track has drifting on Wednesday nights utilizing the Figure 8, another has “public” karting. Yet another has a kart club on Sunday afternoons.

Getting the local metro media out to the tracks - TV, radio, newspaper, Web site guys and girls (no, no, not that kind of Web site, you horn dogs…RACING Web sites).

TAKING TIME OFF in the winter. I’m still having a hard time with the racing season starting in May and ending in September.

Yes I agree with a working mans class. Completely stock car and tires. So many track owner-promoters have turned into tire salesman. Even try a minivan class I really think that would work. There are so many of them out there. That would probably draw families as spectators as well.

Don im pretty sure Bubba “the dish rag” as you call him has been more successful in 3 seasons than you ever were. I love how you insult all these tracks then you want people to list what they love about them. To me i think you are just a long winded has been.

P.S in your “rant” you forgot 2 tracks NFS and Putnam but then they are both more successful than you and Putnam just reopened.

[QUOTE=Jimmy McKinley;124816]Let’s see:

Heat races set the field for the feature - with the fast guys in the back. (I still don’t like time trials for a weekly show; use points to set up lineups for heat races, inverted).

Four-car, four-lap trophy dashes.

Decent food and drinks at decent prices, with a “family-size” deal.

Not too expensive to get into grandstands.

Supermodifieds a few times a year :slight_smile:

Outlaw-style wedge type Late Models. However…

“New-car” divisions - four- and six-cylinder classes - both “strictly” stock, and “souped up”. Hondas, Nissans, Toyotas, Cavaliers, Sunbirds, Neons, Mitsubishis, even a guy with an old Porsche 928. Not too many Fords, though :stuck_out_tongue: Face it; Late Models as we know them (“big” bodied, V8, carburetors, rear-wheel-drive…) may not be around much longer…these are the cars that replaced the old Goody’s Dash series, and are still going: http://iscarsonline.com/

A printed race program, so that the fans in the stands can follow what’s going on, and who’s driving what car - especially if you’re a first-time fan or visitor to the race track.

An announcer that you can understand - see above. PA system also works very well.

Very well-lit - both the track and the stands.

Four or five divisions max. Start racing at 7:30, outta there by 10:30-11. One track up here starts at 6:30pm, while it’s still daylight out, and we were out of there by 9:45. Got home and in bed before 11:00.

Full fields of cars in every division, along with full stands.

Nearly every track runs the same rules in every division, even though some may call it a different name.

Run something on other days of the week. One track has drifting on Wednesday nights utilizing the Figure 8, another has “public” karting. Yet another has a kart club on Sunday afternoons.

Getting the local metro media out to the tracks - TV, radio, newspaper, Web site guys and girls (no, no, not that kind of Web site, you horn dogs…RACING Web sites).

TAKING TIME OFF in the winter. I’m still having a hard time with the racing season starting in May and ending in September.[/QUOTE]

Late Models as we know them (“big” bodied, V8, carburetors, rear-wheel-drive…) may not be around much longer

When this happens i am not a stockcar fan.
I go to a drag race now and then to see big engine rear wheel drive cars not buzz bombs.
I watch NASCAR big engine rear wheel drive cars ( ie stock cars ) Man toys
When they are gone so am i…
If u want to see frount wheel drive ministocks go for it.They might be a good filler and a good way to get kids in to racing but the show they will never be !!
Give me a loud powerfull wheel banging tire burning stock car or mod race .
I would not take a free ticket to see a import race…

don62

[QUOTE=Don Nerone;124841][B]

don62[/QUOTE]

I with you on this one Don, except the new generation of gear heads won’t take a free ticket to see what we like. I’ve tried to give some of them tickets and they say they don’t care about redneck roundy round.

To be successful in today’s times, tracks will need to appeal to a few different generations of people or it won’t be long till we all die off and the stands are empty.

[QUOTE=Don Nerone;124841]Late Models as we know them (“big” bodied, V8, carburetors, rear-wheel-drive…) may not be around much longer

When this happens i am not a stockcar fan.
I go to a drag race now and then to see big engine rear wheel drive cars not buzz bombs.
I watch NASCAR big engine rear wheel drive cars ( ie stock cars ) Man toys
When they are gone so am i…
If u want to see frount wheel drive ministocks go for it.They might be a good filler and a good way to get kids in to racing but the show they will never be !!

don62[/QUOTE]I gotta agree witcha, Don. You know I grew up around the Late Models - been around one since '75. I’ve been some of the best Late Model races a race fan - or crew guy - could ever go to ('78 Governor’s Cup). I don’t want to see the “small cars” take over - but, you know as well as I do that Late Models we know today are ancient in terms of drivetrain and suspension. Hell, even the “template” bodies we see today are outdated; what I see is a “Monte Carlo” body with Toyota “decals”. Monte Carlos haven’t been made since 2006.

Like EZ said, you can’t GIVE tickets away to these kids nowadays.

[QUOTE=UREZ2PASS;124843]
To be successful in today’s times, tracks will need to appeal to a few different generations of people or it won’t be long till we all die off and the stands are empty.[/QUOTE]
It has started already… Low fan count and some tracks(BRP) taking out the playground and putting in a beer garden… :frowning:
-JIM-

I gotta agree with you guys

As much as it pains me to say it,the late models as we know them will probably be gone in the not to distant future.As the government fuel mileage mandates change the automotive industry,the face of racing will have to change with it.But I don’t think it’s going to be to an all mini stock/tuner type.I believe with global branding and the free trade market it is going to be more along the lines of the Australian V8 Supercar series.If any of you have seen any of it you would have to be blind not to notice all the american corporate involvement in this series,and with Toyota leading the way the movement is already headed in that direction to bring in Honda’s Kia’s and anything with a manufacturing plant in the U.S. into american stock car racing.I guess all we can do is enjoy it while it lasts.But the change is definately heading our way.

http://www.iscarsonline.com/

Late Models as we know them (“big” bodied, V8, carburetors, rear-wheel-drive…) may not be around much longer…these are the cars that replaced the old Goody’s Dash series, and are still going: http://iscarsonline.com/

They have no schedule and haven’t run in two years…

What’s up at V.C.?

Last night on my way to Bubba’s, while passing V.C. I saw many rigs going there, I thought I saw a real small sign about “Practice”? Are they going to start up again? also the car count at Bubba’s was real low, with the exception of the Florida Mini Sprints, 24 cars, 22 started feature, great show. Met a guy in the stands that used to race at Hollywood, he knew some of the guys/cars I remembered from 1959, he was from Key West and he told me of a track down there.

[QUOTE=Jack Burroughs;124871]Last night on my way to Bubba’s, while passing V.C. I saw many rigs going there, I thought I saw a real small sign about “Practice”? Are they going to start up again? also the car count at Bubba’s was real low, with the exception of the Florida Mini Sprints, 24 cars, 22 started feature, great show. Met a guy in the stands that used to race at Hollywood, he knew some of the guys/cars I remembered from 1959, he was from Key West and he told me of a track down there.[/QUOTE]Volusia opened back up last night as well; see the thread. Said they had 32 Late Models there, as the other dirt joints were not running LMs last night.

[QUOTE=Tonka;124870]They have no schedule and haven’t run in two years…[/QUOTE]Call 'em up; they’re based out of Ormond Beach (Daytona area):

Randy Claypoole
President/CEO
International Sport Compact Auto Racing Series (ISCARS)
P.O. Box 730831
Ormond Beach, FL 32173

PHONE:
(386) 615-3515 office

There’s also a news story on their Website about 2013, posted on April 1:

http://iscarsonline.com/viewnews.asp?News_ID=8525

Bsp?

Personally , I love the beer garden at BSP, reminds me of many yrs. back sitting in the 4th. turn stands at OCFS, in Middletown, N.Y., watching Brett, Buzzie, Frankie, Wayne, Gary, etal. dice it out and looking at the dirt sediment in the bottom of my stack of plastic cups, some times the ride home was almost as exciting as the races.