Fact or fiction ?

Seventy plus cars in the pits for 3 divisions.3000 to win each 35 lap feature.Free COLOR souvenier programs.Stands absolutely jam packed to the point it was standing room only.All on a FRIDAY night.Give me twenty guesses if this is fact or fiction with a guess as to where and what kind of track and I will reveal if it is indeed fact or fiction.(Or just my mind firing up the way back machine)

Bowman Grey Stadium, NC ??
Been there for that kind of show.
-JIM-

My guess would be Brewerton Speedway in NY

My thoughts bring me to Albany Saratoga Speedway in Malta, New York.

Ellisville? Bronson? :):slight_smile:

i said

One nighT not an entire season.

30 Mods / 45 Sportsmen at Utica-Rome this past Sunday for a regular show. No, it wasn’t the first race of the year either. Everything doesn’t have to be on Saturday.

Bubbas dirt track has 5000 to win Lates 3000 to win open wheel mods 600 to win Hobbys this weekend…That’s close,not sure about the color program :huepfen024: They often have 70+ cars in the pits.

[SIZE=“6”]LMAO !!![/SIZE]
:sport009:
-Ge Um-

My guess is Bowman Grey.

wow,now thats totally unimpressive

I thought i could at least get 10 guesses by now but i guess not. So lets put an end to this dead thread.the answer is… fact. and being a blacktop guy it kind of pains me to say the where was Attica Ohio 's dirt track last May.the first dirt track i had visited in 30 years.It was just a regular program,the world of outlaws were scheduled for the following week.The dirt guys have figured it out.Pay some money and the cars will turn out.Attica is a dinky little farm town surrounded for 50 miles in every direction by other little dinky farmtowns.Yet the stands were packed on a friday night and there were at least 40 plus banners attached to the fence from sponsor company’s some from almost 50 miles away.

Looks like that was for a special show…the weekly purse posted on the website is far less :slight_smile:

How about 6,500-8000 weekly fans watching one class of stock cars on a saturday night racing for a % of the front gate which usually resulted in a $4000 weekly purse…in the 1970’s :question:

Fact or fiction?

Well lets put it this way

Thats what they were saying over the tracks PA system that night anyway.Maybe because it was basically a tune-up race for the WOO race that was coming the next week.Totally impressive,it didnt even take them more than about 5 minutes to get all the sprint cars pushed out of the pit gate to start the features.The whole program was wrapped up by 10;30 that night.I even picked up a track program that was loaded with color pictures that they gave out for free.Gate admission was fifteen bucks.I paid 13 or 14 bucks the next night at Sandusky to see 37 cars spread across 3 divisions.

Kendo… FACT. Danbury Racearena in Conn.

one divison though?

[QUOTE=kendo;126043]How about 6,500-8000 weekly fans watching one class of stock cars on a saturday night racing for a % of the front gate which usually resulted in a $4000 weekly purse…in the 1970’s :question:

Fact or fiction?[/QUOTE]

If so it had to be modifieds.