18 OWM's at Showtime

18 Modified’s at Showtime, great race with a good payout. I heard FTS had 6 cars. I asked some of the drivers and they were a Showtime for the money and the fact they run slicks.

You heard wrong.

There were 11 OWM’s.

I didn’t ask any of them about the purse or their tires.

They just raced.

We were rained out at Ellisville last night so the 50 lapper MOD race will be added to the 50 lapper LM race next Saturday… May 18th. :huepfen024:
Treaded Hooziers…
-JIM-

Ellisville runs the Hoosier Comanche??? I thought they ran the grooved (or as Hoosier calls them Ribbed) tires? So does that mean there are, tracks running 3 different tires in the state in the modified class?

Actually Matt there was 13, 2 didn’t start! But imagine what it could have been if 2 tracks 50 miles apart worked together!

No dd. they are the grooved 650 and 450… some call them grooved, some treaded. I call them air plane tires…
Comanches’ would be a track killer in my opinion… Crap tire and no grip.
Only 2 Hooziers run in Flori-Duh for MODs, Grooved and slick 8"…
Hope you have the info straight now dd.
-JIM-

Get it right Jim ! :slight_smile: It’s a Hoosier Ribbed tire. For gods sake, get it right. :slight_smile:

I don’t give a flyin’ fire truck what they call it. It has the same straight grooves as an airplane tire. They should call it a snow tire, because after 2 races it will ‘plow’ you into a wall.
I prefer the slick tho.
-JIM-

[QUOTE=ocalasp76;126587]I don’t give a flyin’ fire truck what they call it. It has the same straight grooves as an airplane tire. They should call it a snow tire, because after 2 races it will ‘plow’ you into a wall.
I prefer the slick tho.
-JIM-[/QUOTE]

I agree, those tires are junk. There is a proven method to soaking them, just ask the winners that never buy new tires how to do it. Then ask the tech guy why the hell are they not checking the tires.

Ocala76, Snow Tire. LOL!

Everyone races on Saturday night, or the weekend in general. How will it “work”?