they're doing it all wrong!

they have a decent field of cars and not a single vintage monte carlo.

A big field of mini cars. Wow! And a VW on the back row! I wonder if their rules required all the cars to use 4 cyl. American engines with carbs.

[QUOTE=Matt Albee;129028]A big field of mini cars. Wow! And a VW on the back row! I wonder if their rules required all the cars to use 4 cyl. American engines with carbs.[/QUOTE]…and a mini-truck about 4 cars from the back.

Up here, our 4-cylinder “bomber”/“compact” class has a Chevy HHR and a PT Cruiser running in it.

What track is this? I already see my parking spot in the drive-in section above turn 4.

Kingsport Speedway

I think it is Newport Speedway in east Tennessee. Been there once. If this is it you drove up a hill through a junk yard to get to it. You entered the stands from the top down to the bottom row like Ellisville in Florida also complete with concrete seats. Great view of the mountains. Check out Newports current web site at least to see the trophy girl. She is pure country GOLD.

Too late Al ter ego beat me to it

It is Kingsport Speedway. :slight_smile:

Here’s a pic with not only the VW, but a second one:

…and one of the VW’s gettin’ turned:

I wonder if Kingsport has the same mindset that the Florida tracks do concerning imports, fuel injection, and computers? If they do, where do you suppose they put the mandatory carbed 4 cyl Ford Pinto/Mustang ll engine in those VWs?

[QUOTE=Matt Albee;129045]I wonder if Kingsport has the same mindset that the Florida tracks do concerning imports, fuel injection, and computers? If they do, where do you suppose they put the mandatory carbed 4 cyl Ford Pinto/Mustang ll engine in those VWs?[/QUOTE]Looking at their FaceBook page, looks like they’ve got a second 4-cylinder division FULL of Mustangs. They have “Pure 4’s”, and “Rookies”.

[QUOTE=al_tere_go_05;129026]they have a decent field of cars and not a single vintage monte carlo.
[/QUOTE]

They also have a decent street stock class,filled with so called vintage Camaros & Monte Carlos…but hey,its easy to leave out facts :grinser010:

They also have a decent street stock class,filled with so called vintage Camaros & Monte Carlos…but hey,its easy to leave out facts

but unlike some tracks here they have production based class for Modern cars.

Awesome track robert pressley I believe runs the track and does a great job. And they race on Friday nights. Go figure!

Problem is up here in Tenn. unlike Orlando there is not much to do around here on Friday/Saturday nights (except during football season) and don’t have to deal with the traffic. Also the people have a different mindset. Planning on going to Kingsport next week and check it out.

CRASH A RAMA SERIES WILL BE THERE Aug 3

Very cool track we will be there Aug 3 a week after our Hickory show.Robert does leases the track.Come on out frasson put you on the vip list