Thank you Kyle Petty

Always good to hear the truth. However unpopular it may be. :aetsch013:

If Kyle had a last name other than ‘Petty’ he would be a clerk at the 7-11 stores…
Who is HE to criticize another driver anyway… Just another wanna-be in my book.
-JIM-

And if Danica wasn’t an unstoppable marketing machine she would be a a a well what exactly would she be? In the interview Kyle even said he wasn’t a great driver but even if he wasn’t doesn’t mean he can’t judge talent. Austin Dillon is in his 3rd Sprint Cup race. he’s been around the top 10 all day. Where is Danica around 30th where she always runs. There just might be something to what he said.

Kyle does have something that Danica doesn’t… Several wins at the top level. I’ve never been a Kyle fan, but he did have ‘some’ success.

Kyle got there because of his last name. Danica got there because of her looks.

NEITHER got there because of a great racing resume’.

As I so often do, I agree with Frasson again. I had hoped (for the sake of sports viewers on TV) that she would be a driver but sadly she is not. Yes she can drive the fast line and on occasion qualify well. What she can’t or wont do is drive any other line to pass or God forbid see if she can pass someone else. If a race is on a wide track watch Kyle Busch he is all over the track in search of ways to improve his track position. He and others are quite willing to exchange some paint in the process. The team fabricators surely must love her very dearly. I guess this is why I love dirt. Until a track locks down there are always multiple lines. When Scott Bloomquist ran Valdosta several years ago he ran 4 practice laps 2 high and 2 low and come racetime he chose the line that suited the situation and smoked the field.

Look at Jr. It’s the same thing. He’s in the absolute best equipment and only has a handful of wins himself.If it wasn’t for his dad he probably would be a clerk at a 7-11 also. Most of these 2nd generation drivers are riding coat tails. Now Kesalowski is better than his dad. Ragan at least has a couple of wins. His dad didn’t do crap. Steven Wallace couldn’t get out of his own way. That being said there are some sponsors that are investing in a certain driver so she’s just riding that out. I’m sure if the sponsor wasn’t there neither would she.

She’s a rookie and not only that; shes new to heavy stock cars. She may never win a race, but it’s too early judge if she’s any good.

Here we are , almost halfway through her first full time Cup season, and Danica has NO WINS!!! What’s with her for cuss sakes? Sure can’t blame the cars, her team mates both have a number of wins and poles.
She sure has been beating up on some past Cup race winners every week on every type of track.
We’re going back to the same tracks for the second half, let’s see what she does now that she knows the tracks and the cars.

The point is she is never good anywhere. You kind of thought she would have been good at Sears Point due to her Indy road racing experience but it was the same story.
The only past winners she out runs are the ones who are struggling thru races in 2nd hand equipment.
My biggest thing with her is having to listen to the announcers tell us how good she is and make excuses for her running 25th 2 laps down week after week after week after week.

You kind of thought she would have been good at Sears Point due to her Indy road racing experience

that would be like expecting her to do good on 1.5 and 2mile ovls due to her indy oval racing experience,

… and only 1 top ten finish.

Yeah, exactly. A pole at Daytona, an 8th at Daytona, a 12th at Martinsville, …geez, she sure hasn’t shown much in her half season.

Feel free to tell the writers and announcers that they need to stop talking about her, that they give her far more coverage than her finishes deserve. I’m sure they’ll stop then. Just keep in mind that she isn’t the one producing all the hype. She races, and she does commercials. She doesn’t write the scripts for the tv guys.

[QUOTE=MW68SS;129303]The point is she is never good anywhere. You kind of thought she would have been good at Sears Point due to her Indy road racing experience but it was the same story.
The only past winners she out runs are the ones who are struggling thru races in 2nd hand equipment.
My biggest thing with her is having to listen to the announcers tell us how good she is and make excuses for her running 25th 2 laps down week after week after week after week.[/QUOTE]

A pole, along with an 8th place at Daytona, a 12th at Martinsville, and she’s not good anywhere? She’s very good on a road course in a stock car, look at her Nationwide races in Montreal. Unfortunately, her team is brand new at the start of the season and it takes time to get everybody on the same page. They’ll get it figured out.

one word

DaniCANT lol

maybe she should try dirt, she already proved she can “sling it” around the pits…

The playing field is going to be a bit uneven for Danica in NASCAR, just the way it was in the Indy cars. No driver, at least no male driver is going to help Danica win a race. There are some who help her during a race, though not many. But they have no intention of being the driver who helped Danica to victory, thereby becoming a driver Danica beat to the line. So good finishes are gonna be a little harder to come by for her.

Dani-cant

yeah, its her rookie season,with probably a top car and she hasnt showed much.Kyle may have gotten where he was at,thanks to his dad,but he did win a few races.The thing is Johanna Long gets the most out of her equipment with a team with no sponsorships,yet consistantly finishes in the top 20 if not higher.

I just see Danica going back to Indy car one day,where she has only one win at that.

Kyle admitted it.

He said he was a journeyman driver at best. And he didn’t know what made the difference between a good driver and a great driver. He said if he did know , then he would have been a great driver. I do agree with him on his judge of talent though. He’s been in the middle of it ALL HIS LIFE. He’s seen all the “great drivers”. And he’s seen the “just don’t have its”.
He also entered the last race of the 1992 season with Bill Elliot,Davey Allison, Alan Kulwicki, Harry Gant and himself all mathematically in the race for the title. And he smoked , and I do mean smoked, the field a Rockingham several times . :huepfen024:

[QUOTE=BVS40FL;129353]He said he was a journeyman driver at best. And he didn’t know what made the difference between a good driver and a great driver. He said if he did know , then he would have been a great driver. I do agree with him on his judge of talent though. He’s been in the middle of it ALL HIS LIFE. He’s seen all the “great drivers”. And he’s seen the “just don’t have its”.
He also entered the last race of the 1992 season with Bill Elliot,Davey Allison, Alan Kulwicki, Harry Gant and himself all mathematically in the race for the title. And he smoked , and I do mean smoked, the field a Rockingham several times . :huepfen024:[/QUOTE]

You know, you’re probably the only person on Earth that cares what Kyle Petty says. Actually, there’s probably a few more today after Kyle said Jimmie should stop whining about re-starts and just learn how to do them correctly.
Kyle was indeed the man to beat at the Rock for awhile. Let’s give Danica the same time as Kyle had and see where she stacks up.

[QUOTE=steadysteve;129348]yeah, its her rookie season,with probably a top car and she hasnt showed much.Kyle may have gotten where he was at,thanks to his dad,but he did win a few races.The thing is Johanna Long gets the most out of her equipment with a team with no sponsorships,yet consistantly finishes in the top 20 if not higher.

I just see Danica going back to Indy car one day,where she has only one win at that.[/QUOTE]

Imagine that, one win in an Indy car. How many thousands of Indy car drivers over the years would love to be able to say that.
Johanna has one of the best cars in the field when she races, always has. She does a good job with it.