Showtime has posted 2014 Schedule

Showtime’s website shows there complete 2014 schedule, I guess they wanted to be first out of the box.

a few other tracks could learn from this.

Impressive.

And Orlando SpeedWorld hasn’t even completed their 2013 schedule yet, and it’s already mid-September.

Just Kidding…

(it’s early September)

No Sportsman on 2014 Showtime schedule AT ALL. I was going to support the 11/23 event, but not anymore…

Sportsman 50 laps

This Sat. @ Auburndale FUPS Sportsman, Trucks & OWM 50 laps for each.

Hay rick . What does fups. have to do with a thread about SHOWTIMES schedule, Just asking. YU would think starting another thread about yur FUPS race would have been a classier move. JUST SAYING

As Big “E” Sr would said"Just spell the name right"!!!

Hey Bobby D, At Least I Did Not Use Large Red Letters, With A Bunch Of Silly Ass Things Jumping Around Now Did I, And As Far As The Spelling , Even A Bright Fellar Like Yourself Got The Point,

Scott

I think you tried before but I’m sure Yoho can be persuaded. I would surely rather watch the sportsman than all the little 4 bangers. The problem is that they come in strong with a lot of cars. The sportsman have a good group of cars out there . Have the rules been straightened out? Is everyone on the same playing field?

Sportsman have been a tricky proposition there. When he first opened he kept them off the schedule for a long time. By the time he finally had scheduled them I had bent my clip at NSS and was out for a while. Yoho has made some peculiar moves with the class. After the Crates won the first few events he instituted a 100 lb weight penalty for Crates. A 100 lbs. for having 50 less horse! That kept me away. He got rid of the wt penalty this year but added a tire track width rule. No other track has this because we have a stock clip rule that keeps this in check. Well, now my car is too wide so that has kept me away. I was going to buy 2 rims and rescale my car to make it legal for the November 50 lapper but now it looks like Sportsman are out altogether for 2014. I’ll spend my time an energy to go support a different track that is committed to Sportsman in Nov. He had some real good size Sportsman fields early on but then he got into the habit of scheduling them too often and back to back weeks. The fields got smaller and he wasn’t happy about that. I heard he said he was “punishing” the division and decided to not run them almost the whole summer. Looks like the drivers punished him back and they had a small field when he ran them a few weeks ago. A lot of those drivers are now at Full Throttle. Now with the 2014 schedule out it appears the class has been eliminated.

scott

I know this thread is about schedule but let me ask you a few questions about rules on sportsman?

1. Can crates run a 4 barrel?

2. Can you run a locker or gleason?

3. Can you run a quick change?

4. Can you run a 3 link?

5. Are people running brinn type trans?

6. Stock clutch or can you run a 7" or 5"?

7. If stock can you lighten flywheel?

The reason i ask is that we had a great handling sportman but crates were beating up our built motor. Then every track had there own rules. I guess the biggest question is have they got a set of rules written for the sportsman like they do the mods? there was way too many dark areas.

Rules

1. Crates can run a 650 cfm 4 bbl (Holley 80541 ONLY). Even with the 4 bbl the engine makes only 350 h.p…

2. You can only run a locker at Citrus.

3. Quick Changes and 3 links are allowed everywhere now.

4. Stock transmissions only (no Bert, Brinn, Falcon, etc.)

5. 7 1/4" multi disc clutch allowed at Full Throttle only. Stock everywhere else.

6. You can lighten the flywheel. Must weigh 14 lbs.

Rules are very similar with everything else everywhere. I’ve run just about everywhere the last two years making virtually no changes to my car (rules-wise).

Crates do well on long runs as they do not abuse the “airplane tires” as much will less torque and h.p… IMHO it is the combination of the tires and the right amount of horsepower (that makes it hard to spin the tires coming off the corner) that makes the Crate a winning package.

Thanks scott

But the rules are still all over the place. I mean your not going to change a clutch to race at Full throttle when you usually run citrus. And you surely aint taking out your gleason . Sportsman need a standard set of rules for Florida so you can run any track you want.

It is getting better though. Orlando just threw out the antiquated stock firewall and floorboard rule to be more in line with everyone else. Full Throttle changed to 3000 lbs 56% lswt like everyone else. Big races at some tracks have become home track rules events. If they would just allow lockers and super clutches with a little weight penalty they could all be on the same page more or less. It was much worse a few years ago.

Lockers and…

Lockers and small clutches sould not be in Sportsman cars,they were ment to be in Super’s and Mod’s.

Scott

Thanks for the reply’s…and yes you are correct. If they would just standardize the rules everyone may get more cars.

Oh, I agree with you xracer54, 100% on that . Problem is, Citrus and Full Throttle are not going to outlaw those expensive pieces when their competitors already have them. If were going to inch closer to a common rulebook statewide then there is going to have to be provisions for these pieces. Citrus and Full Throttle have the highest weekly Sportsman car count right now. Keeping these guys legal at other tracks might entice them to want to travel around a bit now and then.

Scott… Not arguing with you but your only allowed to run spools in a sportsman car… no lockers allowed anywhere…

These are the rules posted on Citrus website unless of course they just have these and don’t follow them… wouldn’t surprise me…

Rear End:

1. Floaters allowed.
  2. Interchanging of rear ends allowed.
  3. No coil over springs allowed.
  4. Shock mounting points optional.
  5. Sliders OK.
  6. 3 link allowed.
  7. No cambered rears.
  8. Quick change allowed. No reverse mount. Must be steel tubes and be full spooled. No lockers of any type in a quick change. No
    magnesium housing. No wide fives. No birdcage or floating brakes.

Bob

[QUOTE=amfchassis;134370]Scott… Not arguing with you but your only allowed to run spools in a sportsman car… no lockers allowed anywhere…

These are the rules posted on Citrus website unless of course they just have these and don’t follow them… wouldn’t surprise me…

Rear End:

1. Floaters allowed
  2. Interchanging of rear ends allowed.
  3. No coil over springs allowed
  4. Shock mounting points optional.
  5. Sliders OK.
  6. 3 link allowed.
  7. No cambered rears.
  8. Quick change allowed. No reverse mount. Must be steel tubes and be full spooled. No lockers of any type in a quick change. No
    magnesium housing. No wide fives. No birdcage or floating brakes.[/QUOTE]

Lockers/gleasons have been used for at least three years that I know about at citrus. I found out after we decided to park ours. They are being used now and was told this will be the last year??? Coil springs in the rear have also been used especially with the three links. We parked our car because of the different rules at the time. We were able to run 58% left at one track and went to another and was told it had to be 56%. They also had two different (built ) motor rules. There is way too many gray areas in the sportsman class and if you didn’t know considering you have some of the fastest sportsmen out there than who else doesn’t know? We found several differences from P.G. ,citrus, aburndale, Bronson. One class …one set of rules!!!

53 is right. Lockers have been legal for a few yrs. now at Citrus. It’s what the rule DOESN’T tell you:

“No lockers of any type in a QUICK CHANGE”

They are however legal in a 9" chunk.

As far as getting on one set of rules, I’m not sure how that could happen. I know the F.A.S.T. rules became the FUPS rules and all the tracks pretty much have their Supers on that rule book. How did the Modifieds get on one set of rules? Does anyone remember? Not to be negative, but I don’t see the track owners doing very much to work together currently here. They have been good about moving race dates to not step on one another’s big events, but that’s about it. I don’t think Sportsman rules unification is a big enough issue for them to get together on. It’s too bad though, because if we were all on one rule book you would see bigger Sportsman fields everywhere.