Sportsman race at Ellisville?

Who’s going? Drivers, that is?
May have to check it out and see the progress made up there! I haven’t had anything to complain about lately so…:slight_smile:

RSB… You coming to Gov Cup BBQ this year? Haven’t seen you in ages…

I’m gonna try. It has been awhile. Sold the camper or I would definitely be in.I should have invited you to our Chumpcar debut a few weeks ago in Sebring. Had a blast!
I’ll give you a jingle!

Through confirmations, rumors and guesses here’s who might be going:

Shelton Bowers
Josh Calvert
Arthur Conquest
Craig Cuzzone
Scott Garrity
Jason Garver
Chris Harvey
Brian Hull
Cody Johnson
Wesley Keller
Patrick Mennenga
Jeff Prescott
Greg Talley
Aaron Williamson
David Williamson
Josh Wise

Leaving here at Pigeon Forge early tomorrow to make this race and watch…
Gonna’ be a great one…
-JIM-

@scottgarrity07- no disrespect intended but I would be surprised if even half that many cars show up this weekend. I’ve been to about 8 shows in the last 6 months there and each time the car count has been disappointing. Just a couple weeks ago they had a PS/SS double header and barely had 12 cars between the 2 classes.
They have been advertising $1100 to win and have been asked numerous times on both here and facebook what the rest of the payout is and they still won’t answer- now thier website is down. How can they expect guys to show up if they don’t even know if they can make tow money running in the top 5?

I talked to Aaron last week at citrus, he told me he was coming. I will be there and Mike Stalnaker will be in our 2nd car.

Patrick Mennenga

Shelton Bowers-Ran strong in the 50 at Ellisville.
Josh Calvert-Stated he was trying to go.
Arthur Conquest-Also ran strong in the 50 there in the summer.
Craig Cuzzone-Was asking about the race. Known to travel.
Scott Garrity-Confirmed
Jason Garver-2013 Ellisville Sportsman Champion
Chris Harvey-Confirmed
Brian Hull-Regular ES competitor
Cody Johnson-Ocala Sportsman Traveller
Wesley Keller-ES Sportsman 50 winner
Patrick Mennenga-Confirmed
Jeff Prescott-ES Sportsman veteran
Mike Stalnaker-Confirmed
Greg Talley-Regular ES competitor
Aaron Williamson-Confirmed
David Williamson-Ususally travels with Aaron for the big events.
Josh Wise-Regular ES competitor

It’s an optimistic line up, for sure. But the’s no reason to think they all can’t make it, because they can. If they want to.

I look at it like this. Ellisville is a great racetrack. Now you can complain about the purse, the car count, the crowd, the tech, etc. and not show up as a competitor or fan and guess what, you will have nothing to complain about because the track will be gone. Orlando is going through a similar struggle this year and it will be US RACERS that will decide if these tracks survive or disappear. No matter how many of us show up this weekend for the 75 lapper I will guarantee you this, we will put on a show for the fans that come. True racers come for the race alone and the challenge of a 75 lapper for these cars on a big half mile track will bring out the real racers. Those that DO come, will be there to race.

Not gonna make the trip. Busy week for everyone, haven’t had time to get the car ready.

Should start a pool!

For 2nd place finisher. :slight_smile:

RSB I have to work sat night or I would come to see ya.
For the rest of u fans the sportsman cars there have alwase put on a great show.
The type of car and the track just go together.
Mabee next time
Good luck to all
Don62

Damn, my loss…

“We” never had sportsman cars that would run with the 13 car. Still don’t.
You work too hard. AND on Saturday night? Bummer.

I was really trying to have the new car done too surprise everybody and just show up at this race. It just didn’t happen, good luck too all the competitors, I hope you run out of parking spots for all the cars. I’ll try to make the next one. Aaron can be beat, Prescott won a Southern Sportsman race there, it can happen.

Patrick Thomas 25

I’ll be pulling for Jeff, but I remember the last race when the 13 would start on the outside of Jeff on the restarts. Passing Jeff on the outside ain’t easy and Aaron did it two or three times.
Patrick, if you show up my first pick could change…:slight_smile:

Here is the payout for tomorrow

Sportsman “75 Lap” top 10 pay out
Winner $1100
2nd $575
3rd $400
4th $350
5th $300
6th $275
7th $250
8th $225
9th $175
10th $125
We hope everyone will come out and join us! 10/12/13
Pit Gates Open at 3:00pm
GranStands Open at 5pm
Racing Starts at 8pm

Copied from their facebook page… For dd38… lol

The web site being down is not the track’s fault, it’s mine. I let some software get out of date and the hosting company shut it down. I’m working on getting it back up and running tonight, if the hosting company will contact me. The web site is mine, not Ellisville Speedway’s. I just made it and keep it updated to help the track to help out. So I apologize if this interruption has caused anyone any inconvenience.

------[SIZE=“5”]The Ellisville Speedway web site is back up and the payout is posted there as well.[/SIZE]------

LoL I see what you did there OC76

Looks like a nice meaty payout- I hope that the turn out is good and it’s a competitive and safe race! I would love to see 14,15- 20 sportsmen tomorrow night.
Sportsmen remind me of how Late Models used to be- stock clip/outlaw body- and the guy who owned the filling station on the corner could afford to raced one.

sportman race

As the part time promoter of Ellisville Speedway, I am pleased to see the amount of discussion taking place about this race. I have done a lot of extra promoting for this race along with what Scott Garrity has also posted, it just might be enough to boost some interest in others to actually come see what the Ford family has to offer. I will not be able to be at this race to see and meet everyone once again (family business in Ohio). I along with everyone else involved really hopes that there will be a BIG showing of cars. Be safe and have a GREAT weekend racing. WISH I COULD BE THERE.

[QUOTE=Nickel and Dime;135074]The web site being down is not the track’s fault, it’s mine. I let some software get out of date and the hosting company shut it down. I’m working on getting it back up and running tonight, if the hosting company will contact me. The web site is mine, not Ellisville Speedway’s. I just made it and keep it updated to help the track to help out. So I apologize if this interruption has caused anyone any inconvenience.

------[SIZE=“5”]The Ellisville Speedway web site is back up and the payout is posted there as well.[/SIZE]------
[/QUOTE]

could you provide a link to this website

www.ellisvillespeedway.net