Pit shots from 1985 Governors Cup!

http://youtu.be/o6I7gapshwA

Wish they still looked like that… Thanks for sharing.

Cool pictures BOB Thank’s

Dave Westerman would know more than me, but, there was no “Governor’s Cup” race in 1985. The Trophy was not contested for from 1984-1988 before the trophy and race were moved to New Smyrna Speedway.

I beg to differ with you Mark. It may not have been the same race you hold now but it was the Governors cup! It was always the 2nd leg of the Florida Triple Crown!

I held the race in 81 82 83.
In 81 82 and 83 it was on Friday night. the first leg of the crown.
Sunday was third race of the crown Cokecola 200 at Desoto Speedway
that race was called the Governers cup for a few years
We also ran the first leg at DS on fri for a few years.
At one time it was run as a NASCAR race…86 I think.

Don62

[QUOTE=flvideo;135061]I beg to differ with you Mark. It may not have been the same race you hold now but it was the Governors cup! It was always the 2nd leg of the Florida Triple Crown![/QUOTE]Governor’s Cup at Tampa was the FIRST leg of the Triple Crown in '81 (won by Mike Eddy), '82 (won by Jimmy Cope), and '83 (won by LeRoy Porter).

In '84 and '85, the “Triple Crown” was the Southern ShootOut 50-lapper at DeSoto on Friday; the Gulf Coast Classic at Sunshine on Saturday; and the Coca Cola 200 back at DeSoto on Sunday.

I can’t say for sure if the Classic at Sunshine in '85 ran as the “Governor’s Cup” race (CRS, ya know…) - but, on the back of my “40th Anniversary Governor’s Cup” shirt - that I bought at New Smyrna in 2005, it sure does have Butch Miller listed as the winner of the “1985 Governor’s Cup”.