So much for tracks working together...

www.vspdirtracing.com

Looks like someone at Bubbas hijacked the VSP website domain.

Hmmm…

If I go to http://www.volusiaspeedwaypark.com, I get Volusia’s Web site and the WinterNationals…

[QUOTE=Jimmy McKinley;139799]Hmmm…

If I go to http://www.volusiaspeedwaypark.com, I get Volusia’s Web site and the WinterNationals…[/QUOTE]

Yes,that is the site for VSP speedweeks only run by WRG…The other site was for the folks that run the track the rest of the year.

That’s pretty low.

I’m no Internet whiz, but the way I understand things, if you don’t pay to keep your domain name, it becomes open to anyone else to take over that particular name.

If I’m right on this, someone at Volusia didn’t pay the bill to ‘keep’ that name.

At the same time, someone figured it out & jumped on the douchebag train and had the domain name re-directed into their own site.

Legal… yes.

Low-life… Absolutely

Here is my understanding. A person that I will not name “owned” that domain and put it up forsale…The leaser of the track had the opportunity to purchase it and did not, so it was purchased by an “un-named” source.

Guess we know the source!!

remember …somethings are not what they seem and very easy to point a negative finger then getting the facts straight

//youtu.be/www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4LPkmGO5Cc

i have actually seem this happen a couple times. Probably not the nicest thing someone could do but it is 100% legal.

[QUOTE=Southern Outlaw;139825]Here is my understanding. A person that I will not name “owned” that domain and put it up forsale…The leaser of the track had the opportunity to purchase it and did not, so it was purchased by an “un-named” source.

Guess we know the source!!

remember …somethings are not what they seem and very easy to point a negative finger then getting the facts straight

//youtu.be/www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4LPkmGO5Cc
[/QUOTE]

And then again, some things are exactly what they seem. Bubbas saw the opportunity to grab a rivals’ web site and screw with em. That fact seems pretty straight.

Matt whether you like that organization )BRP) or not the fact is VSP leasers was offered the domain and refused to purchase it before it was put up on the market. So BRP apperently bought it…like it or not it was nothing illegal or wrong…schrood…maybe, but from a business stand poit…why not

I own domain names that could be used/related to my competitors too. It’s business, and business isn’t always pretty.

Maybe the seller wanted too much for the domain and VSP decided to take a different route…Looks like they have a new website already up.

Kendo… that could be the case, but don’t go blaming someone else because they (VSP leasers) refused the offer or because it was not in their budget or they knew that had a domain already set…again it’s schrood… but sometimes and the way this world has become it’s a Dog eat Dog world////

Remember you are in FLO-RI-DUH where no organization or track works together!!! that’s the norm!!

No one works together?

Boy ain’t that the truth, just like it was for some time back up in the new jerkey area, but they did have some exceptions, Nazareth on Sundays is the best one I ever saw. but the fact of 3-4 tracks within 2 hrs. drive all on Sat. night, is just like it is here in Fl. right now., today , only 1 of them tracks up norf is still in operation.

[QUOTE=Jimmy McKinley;139799]Hmmm…

If I go to http://www.volusiaspeedwaypark.com, I get Volusia’s Web site and the WinterNationals…[/QUOTE]

Looks like new website up already.

www.vspdirtlife.com

The one who had the site gave VCS a chance to buy it.They didnt for difrent reasons.The one changed the site to Dirt Life a place that sells dirt merchandise.Im guessing then she handed it over to bubba and still is.But NOW VSP now has its own site with Dirt Life in the title.That thats business what comes around goes around.

Rob

vsp

Thanks for the address Kendo