trucks and mods

7 to 10 fl.mods and 7 trucks at nss, really bad.The pay out must be really bad.Why wouldent the rest of the cars, trucks show up? Trucks in FL is a waste of time.
Rob

For the trucks. We think had 12-13 over the 3 days. A couple had some problem and could not run both days. I don’t think the payout was an issue. It was better than the 50 lappers we had all year. And better thru the field also. I think half of it had more to do with the schedule saying “tentative” for the Pro Trucks. And the other half of it had to do with Ricky Brooks “room of doom”.

I may be a little bias but that truck race Saturday was one of the best side by side racing of the first couple days. It was door handle to door handle for the lead for lap after lap and neither one of them touched each other. Awesome racing guys.

Trucks and Mods

The truck racing was good both nights and all the drivers did real well. All of the trucks passed the room of doom and we had no issue with payouts. Was disappointed no more trucks showed up. If the trucks as a whole don’t get their act together, the low counts will shut down the series, and they will not get the invitation to the bigger shows. Congratulations to all the drivers that showed up for the two days, we had a great time.

I wasnt there,I just notice the results and they were very poor for theses two groups.I would think you would want to show off your talent your car or truck in front of the biggest crowd of the year.It was a weekend event so im scratching my head why such a low car count.But a Speedweek event should call for 20 or more I would think.
Rob

This issue has been discussed forever on message boards and forums. Until just the last couple of months I’ve been certain that with the right changes that short track racing could make a come back in Florida. But posts like this have me thinking that short track racing really is dead . Not dying, dead.
We talk about ways to get fans into the stands, how to bring new fans into the sport. We talk about how to improve car counts with new and innovative ideas. But when given the chance to race, the racers overwhelmingly refuse to show up. I’m no longer going to buy into the low purses, rules enforcement, idiotic scheduling, poor marketing, racing too expensive excuses. When given the chance to race in front of the biggest crowds they’re going to see all season, for a good payout, the racers would rather do something else.

[QUOTE=Matt Albee;141411]This issue has been discussed forever on message boards and forums. Until just the last couple of months I’ve been certain that with the right changes that short track racing could make a come back in Florida. But posts like this have me thinking that short track racing really is dead . Not dying, dead.
We talk about ways to get fans into the stands, how to bring new fans into the sport. We talk about how to improve car counts with new and innovative ideas. But when given the chance to race, the racers overwhelmingly refuse to show up. I’m no longer going to buy into the low purses, rules enforcement, idiotic scheduling, poor marketing, racing too expensive excuses. When given the chance to race in front of the biggest crowds they’re going to see all season, for a good payout, the racers would rather do something else.[/QUOTE]

Most would rathercomplain about all of the above!!!

tccaz,not complaining,just saying that the car, truck count is very poor and confused to as why.Im looking at where to go to during Speedweeks.Took a look at some of the results and said Wow that is not good,I agree theres no excuses for teams not to be there.We will see this Sat. at Citrus how many trucks race there Sat night.

I’m waiting to see how Desoto Speedway does over here. Racers complain about chassis rules, engine rules, weight rules, crate vs. spec. vs open. Well the guy who took this mess over, builds race engines and cars for a living. And he’s one of the most successful short track drivers this state has produced. So i’m thinking the rules package for Desoto is going to be as well thought out as possible. And we’ll see if the racers come out to race at this track. If so, maybe racing can make a comeback. If the racers don’t show up to race Desoto, then I don’t think there’s any hope at all.

[QUOTE=rhinoracing11;141404]I wasnt there,I just notice the results and they were very poor for theses two groups.I would think you would want to show off your talent your car or truck in front of the biggest crowd of the year.It was a weekend event so im scratching my head why such a low car count.But a Speedweek event should call for 20 or more I would think.
Rob[/QUOTE]

I wonder what the other trucks and OWMs were doing instead of racing. Maybe there was a race scheduled somewhere else. I remember last year when the tour mods raced around piles of junk tires at the “Battle on the Backstretch Apron” but most went home instead of racing at NSS.
You can’t get fans through thu the injectors unless you have cars on the track.

[QUOTE=rhinoracing11;141404]I wasnt there,I just notice the results and they were very poor for theses two groups.I would think you would want to show off your talent your car or truck in front of the biggest crowd of the year.It was a weekend event so im scratching my head why such a low car count.But a Speedweek event should call for 20 or more I would think.
Rob[/QUOTE]

I will go out on a limb here and presume, because there were multiple venues for mods and trucks elsewhere that locals just went to their own tracks VS pulling all the way to NSS. As said. It was a weekend.

Rhinoracing11

I didn’t mean you were complaining I meant racers in general complain and then don’t show up at the events.

A lot of people have avoided speedweeks for years, nothing new here. Go freeze ur arse off only to get your car tore up by guys you may never see again and then you have to fix it before you go try to race for points at your home track. It’s gonna be ok, take a breath.