The Old guy in OSW pits

Butch Sr. And the old guy in the official shirt did another great job at speedworld tonight. If you haven’t been yet I strongly urge you to put aside your beef with the the previous speedworld and give it another shot.

Also. What is the old guys name? I talked to him tonight and he brought up getting called the old guy in the pits on Karnac but I never got his name.

Yep, give em a try. The “feeling” of the old OSW is back.

The “old guy” is not really that old! He is Brian Lynch, a former driver and long time car owner. You guys are right, Brian and Butch are working that track, and have put together another good night. I am so happy to see OSW on the road back!

Brian’s peak as a driver came in 1926 when he competed in the AAA Championship race at Fulford Miami Stadium. A few years later, he fielded a Nash for his son to drive at the Daytona “Beach and Road” course.

Most recently, Brian has been in the Pro Truck series, in cars driven by his great grandsons.

Great job Speedworld !!!

well we went last night sat in the stands they have to do something about shorting the intermission 40mins way to long with nothing going on. we actally saw about 15 people get up and leave I am thinking they should not run heat races. I am not bashing the track. I will be out there in a week or two with my daughter and her bandolero as soon as I finish it up .

Randy Froehlich

We enjoy the heat races, and the intermission gives everyone a break that is working.

Its better than the races ending at 9pm.

Heat races, double file restarts, and some type of inversion is a MUST. I don’t really get my money’s worth in the first place for a regular show… If its features only, there is NO reason to show up.

Especially if he crowd is small, you have to provide a SHOW on track, because there’s surely no electricity in the air on its own. No crowd equals no adrenaline… it’s up the the track & racers to provide the adrenaline factor.

The racers need to understand this, and not bitch about heats, inversions, and double file.

without heat races it’s not worth the 100 mile trip for me.

[QUOTE=Boneman;142673]The “old guy” is not really that old! He is Brian Lynch, a former driver and long time car owner. You guys are right, Brian and Butch are working that track, and have put together another good night. I am so happy to see OSW on the road back!

Brian’s peak as a driver came in 1926 when he competed in the AAA Championship race at Fulford Miami Stadium. A few years later, he fielded a Nash for his son to drive at the Daytona “Beach and Road” course.

Most recently, Brian has been in the Pro Truck series, in cars driven by his great grandsons.[/QUOTE]

Thanks Rex.

I agree heat races are a must. I don’t know too many guys would show up to pay $30 just for a couple practices and a feature only. From what I’ve heard about the past two weeks, it seems like they’re heading in the right direction. Almost makes me wish my car builder would hurry up and build my car. Lol Modracer8!

Frances and I went last night, and had a great time. Got to talk to Rex and Dave, great job Dave. Lot of side by side racing in the Mods and Sportsmans. Good job Alan Bruns!
Three weeks into my retirement and three different race tracks
. All three shows featured Mods and Sportsmans. Three weeks of good shows and good car counts. We’ll be back!