Dear A'Dale racers...

1. Everyone knows the bottom is the fast way around.
  2. Everyone knows race cars are expensive.
  3. Everyone knows it takes a lot of effort to repair torn up cars.

So why and the hell do you drive like an idiot??? You go to the outside of the cone to gain track position and then divebomb into the corner and almost always into other cars. (See rules above!) Then you get pissed when you get turned and then go take it out on the car you think “wronged” you…often taking out innocent competitors. (See rules above!)
Is it fun spending all that time and money fixing a torn up car? A racing deal (and we all know what that is) is one thing but the FUPS race last night at Auburndale was demolition derby in a circle and an absolute fuster cluck!

We were out there (I can’t say racing) on the track for nearly an hour and we completed 23 laps!!! Since I’m bitching, I can’t let the track get out of this totally unscathed. One tow truck…really??? a two car spin and it takes 10-15 minutes to remove 2 cars!!! That’s just stupid. Get another tow truck!!!

OK…I’m done. Don’t really feel any better because I know it won’t change. Which is why I likely won’t go back. (See rules above!)

This has all the ingredients for a good reality show. “The real idiots of Central Florida” Unfortunately he is right and this is a byproduct of one groove tracks. Just another reason for dirt.

The last several shows I saw there were complete disasters, with no effort into improving things.

Apparently, a lousy show is perfectly fine for the management & the regular fans.

As a traveling fan, I will do my traveling to somewhere else these days. The night the girl in the Legends car got hurt, taking FAR too long properly handle it… and getting MY ass chewed because I didn’t like it… I’m DONE with this circus of a racetrack.

1 groove

the track has 2 grooves , set your car up for the outside. try it.

Well IF I ever go back, I’ll do that because everyone dives to the bottom like a bunch of idiots.

In Response To SB58

I will agree with Mr. Barnes, first let say thank you to the 18 sportsman teams and the fans that showed up for this event. And congratulations to Jason Rendell who came from 17th starting position for the win. We will look at making changes to better the show for the fans without the cost of crashed race cars for the teams. Way to many cautions for actions not pertaining to racin’, as the owner of FUPS I was embarrassed by the actions of a few that held up the show. We will address these issues and look forward to improving FUPS Sportsman Shows in the future. Once again I thank you for making the trip along with all the other competitors and hope to see you on April 19th @ our next FUPS Sportsman Show.

Rick Williams
FUPS Racing

Outside groove

I personally thought there was a decent outside groove and no one drove me poorly while I was out there. Wish we could have ran all the laps though.

Jeez. If I were to put out a statement like that I would be called whiney and crying (JW).

Sounds like a bunch of slow learners…the Aub and FUPS go together like the flu and the runs… nothing to look forward to and nothing to write home about…Attention Slow Learners… wake up and smell the coffee…there’s just too many race tracks around to spend your money at while seeing great racing…I know, because that’s what I do… The Aub and Showtime are two tracks I avoid completely… OSF

[QUOTE=Rick Williams;142991]I will agree with Mr. Barnes, first let say thank you to the 18 sportsman teams and the fans that showed up for this event. And congratulations to Jason Rendell who came from 17th starting position for the win. We will look at making changes to better the show for the fans without the cost of crashed race cars for the teams. Way to many cautions for actions not pertaining to racin’, as the owner of FUPS I was embarrassed by the actions of a few that held up the show. We will address these issues and look forward to improving FUPS Sportsman Shows in the future. Once again I thank you for making the trip along with all the other competitors and hope to see you on April 19th @ our next FUPS Sportsman Show.

Rick Williams
FUPS Racing[/QUOTE]

So you’re saying FUPS ( what a dumb name ) is done with Auburndale???

Unfortunately Steve, what you were a part of is just FUPS Sportsman at Auburndale just being FUPS Sportsman at Auburndale. FUPS was going to rectify this problem last year until Rex Guy stopped the remedy in its tracks in the interest of “putting on a show for the fans”. That’s when I washed my hands of the whole deal. The problem lies in the hooligan “cone” restart procedure which enables cars that have no business being in the front of the field a free pass to get up there. Then they try and chop their way to the bottom on the one groove track and the mayhem ensues. The perpetrators do this over and over and there never seems to be a penalty for it. My Spotter calls it FUPS- f#%ked up parallel starts. Cone restarts can work on two groove tracks and for special shows but IMO they have no business being used for points racing. Passing cars under yellow is just not racing, in my book. Its a shame because if the cone deal was shelved (as FUPS had intended) then the Series would have taken off. After it wasn’t, the car counts fell way off as many drivers left. With as many drivers that have been in and out of the Series there would be 40 cars now if they all stayed. The only heavy hitter that has stayed with the Series is Brandon Morris and guys like Aaron Williamson and Patrick Thomas have avoided it like the plague. The one track “Series” aspect doesn’t help either. I envy what the Truck Series is putting together, the Sportsman deal could have been even bigger. It’s a crying shame.

I totally agree…and often the “chop” gets the guy in front AND behind the “chopper”. I finished 5th and likely did more than $700 worth of damage and a solid week of work; I know there were cars that fared much worse than I did.

Auburndale does that form of restart with all there classes. Its not fair at all. I went and watched a 50 lap bomber race and seen the 89 car pass 6 cars under caution with 3 laps to go and he finished 3rd. I dont agree with at all