Big Sportsman Weekend!!!

It’s good to be a Sportsman driver this weekend with 2 great events to race. First, on Friday night it’s Orlando Speedworld as the Sportsman take center stage as the headline division with a 35 lapper for a hefty $750 to win. Butch Carr and Announcer Dave Westerman have been doing a great job with the old place steadily improving things at the track. Many have been critical of owner Ozzy Moya (myself included) with his handling of the oval but he has dashed the naysayers by focusing efforts and money on improvements at the track. Come out and see for yourself while enjoying racing on that smooth and racy Speedworld surface. The next night it’s just up the road to New Smyrna for a 25 lapper for Sportsman as the top support division for the lightning fast sprints of the TBARA series as they whip around the big high banks of NSS. You get to race on that big fast racetrack under the incredible MUSCO lighting then watch the sprints from the eye of the storm in the infield. So for racer and fan alike the East Coast is the place to be for two great events this weekend. Help support Orlando Speedworld in its rebirth as a great facility and enjoy a great night of racing the next day at the premier speedway in Florida, New Smyrna Speedway. Remember, it’s Family Night at Orlando Speedworld on Friday where $44 will get you four admissions, four hot dogs and four sodas or bottled waters. How can you beat that? Not to mention, the weather forecast is perfect for both nights! I’ll see you there. Who’s in???

Scotty gets a “standing ovation” from Speedworld and New Smyrna supporters! Nice notification bud, I wish you good luck and lots of fun this weekend.

Thanks Boneman. Good luck to you on Saturday night. Come by and say “Hi” one or both nights. SUDS Series rules will be in effect! Lol.:aetsch013:

If we have our way (at least Ozzy’s permission and money LOL) the SUDS may be flowing at the end of the night!

SWEET!:ernaehrung004:

Good deal, I"ll be there. I hope this excellent weekend doesn’t attract the attention of the NERONE sportsman series. They might schedule a competing race at Lakeland USA, or maybe St. Augustine.

I think the NERONE Series is at Hialeah this weekend for the Gary Balough Memorial race…:aetsch013:

If we were home this weekend, Frances and I would go to both tracks. We have not seen a bad Sportsman or Sprint Car race this year. Good luck to both of you.
Rex, we are in The Woodlands Tx, do you know of any tracks around here that we might go to this weekend?

Thanks for the well wishes! Try Houston Motorsports Park. NASCAR sanctioned asphalt. Double feature night Saturday! www.houstonmotorsportspark.com

Thanks Scott, also found out today about The Bull Ring at Royal Purple Raceway. It is east of Houston off I10. Have a great weekend and we go see you race the next time you do the double!
Fred Coxon

Thanks Fred. I hope you and Frances enjoy your trip and have a safe return. Hopefully OSW will have a Sportsman race the night before NSS’s next Sportsman 50 in October. That would be a great time to “do the double”!