Citrus County Speedway 50 Lap Sportmans 5/31

Citrus County Speedway Sportsman 6 pack 50 laps race May 31th 1, 800. 2. 600.3. 500 4. 400 5. 300 6, 250 7, 225 8, 200 9, 175 10, 150 11, 145 1,2 140 13, 135 14, 130 15, 125 16 100 thru field.

Hope to see the same 17 drivers from our last race and more.

Along with
Sportsman 6 Pack Series 50 Laps, Payout above
Modifieds, 40 laps
Street Stocks, 25 Laps
Mod Mini-stocks, 25 Laps…
Pure Stocks, 25 Laps
Mini-stocks 25 Laps

Most, if not all of the Sportsman cars will be at Desoto. I’ve heard that the Desoto race could be the beginning of a very good, sensible series for the Sportsman cars. we’'l be there to cheer them on.

Thanks for supporting our division Matt! I think there’s enough Sportsman to make both events a success with the purses being offered. Even though I can’t race Desoto (work) I’ll be there supporting the event too. I hope it’s true what you say about a series. Even just one between Desoto and New Smyrna (like Brighthouse for Super Late Models) would be cool with me. How 'bout it Kim Brown and Critter???:slight_smile:

Matt I’m not so sure that all the sportsman cars showing up at one track is real healthy for the class in the long run.
Can only be one winner- rather than 30-35 cars at one track I would rather see 15-20 or more at each track. I think that would be a better sign of the health of the class.

And why would you only want 2 tracks in a series Scott? What about us fans here in N. FL who would have to drive 4+ hours one way to watch at NSS or Desoto- Bronson and CCS should at least be considered (both are still 2+ hours away for me).

Or maybe Mr. Hart could reopen Ellisville for for the Brighthouse series and run 2 or 3 races, and another 2 or 3 races if a new sportsman series develops.
Oh and bring up the TBARA again 2 or 3 times.
Put the modifieds and pure stocks/street stocks on the card for each show and run a nice tight 3 class show 6 or 8 times a season.

Ellisville running once a month for 6-8 months- SLM, Sportsman, Sprint Cars- a man can dream can’t he?

p.s. sorry about contributing to the hijack Gary- I hope CCS has a nice field of sportsman cars.

Hey Scott. It’s not that I’d only want 2 tracks in a series. It’s just that New Smyrna and Desoto seem to be the only two tracks that can work together lately. After the failure of FUPS, I’m just trying to keep my expectations realistic. BTW, I love racing at Bronson and plan to go up there to race a Sportsman event soon! ( wish they wouldn’t have cancelled the 50 lapper scheduled for July 3rd). And ditto to everything else you said too!

Let us know when u go to Bronson maybe can get a few of us together and go been wanting to go up there and race we trying to stay away from bullring just to hard on car

Will do! Probably some time mid July. I’ll make it a SUDS points event and we’ll all share a beer after the race (O’Douls for Daniel Jr.)! Look for the post.:ernaehrung004::ernaehrung004::ernaehrung004:

No, it probably wouldn’t be a good thing for all of the Sportsman cars to show up at only one track…if that track wasn’t capable of growing a series. And a number of tracks fit into that category. Desoto is one of the few that is very capable. If the Sportsman guys ( along with the truck guys ) would quit daydreaming about a series that’s going to bring instant fame and fortune, and instead concentrate on one or two tracks only while they grow the series, then there will be a series. A series with a recognizable name, a history to show potential sponsors and new tracks, a full field of cars, a sensible rules package, and a fan following.
Or…they can continue starting a new series every month, racing with a half field of cars, and cancelling races and series. Slow down, grow a series, a real series, and then look to expand.

Scott

I am will to work with any other promoter/ track owner that want to work togehter But it seem like every time I have a big race another track put a race right on top of it and make a biger payout along with it.I will not put names out but I was told by two other tracks they will run me out of business now that what I call real team work and trying to work together. So once again I am willing to work with any other track owner that want to work togehter. Call me for a meeting.

Gary Laplant
813 313 8741

Hey Gary. I wasn’t referring to you. I realize you were trying to work with others and then people went back on their word. You guys all need to get together in the fall. Things that would help all the tracks and racers would be to A. Get your schedules together so that at least your big races for Supers, OWMs and Sportsman are not on top of each other. B. Come up with a common rulebook for Sportsman (like Supers and OWM have). C. Get Sportsman ( and Trucks) off of these terrible Hoosier 650 and 450 tires that are only good enough to win on for one race (which shrinks your car count). I’m sure if you guys consulted with Hoosier they could come up with something better like the old 880 or Commanche. It would also make horsepower mean less and make EVERYONE feel like they have a chance (helps car counts too). Those who are willing to get together win, those who won’t work together get what they get. Anyone who’s foolish enough to think they can run you “out of town” with a lease until 2017 at a track over 50 years old is not realistic. I’m always open to giving my “real world” opinions about what can make the Sportsman class grow. Feel free to PM me anytime. I wish you the best.

[QUOTE=gary laplant;145550]Scott

I am will to work with any other promoter/ track owner that want to work togehter But it seem like every time I have a big race another track put a race right on top of it and make a biger payout along with it.I will not put names out but I was told by two other tracks they will run me out of business now that what I call real team work and trying to work together. So once again I am willing to work with any other track owner that want to work togehter. Call me for a meeting.

Gary Laplant
813 313 8741[/QUOTE]

The payouts have nothing to do with it, you have taken the BEST track in Florida and have it following in the foot steps of the last “CCS” that you had your hand in. I don’t think other “tracks” will have to put you out of business, you are doing a fine job of that on your own :wink:

Nathan

As I expalined to you before sir I left what you call the other track I left three years before it closed down sir. Bobby D owned the track After I left he sold it to Mike Chase and Kevin Williams and the ran it till the lease was up and they would not meet there terms to renew the lease sir. Have a nice weekend sir. I thought you sold all your races car and got a boat??? So what do you care what goes on in races any more . Go out in your boat and enjoy what every you like out in the water but be nice out in the water sir LOL.

:aktion033:

[QUOTE=gary laplant;145558]Nathan

As I expalined to you before sir I left what you call the other track I left three years before it closed down sir. Bobby D owned the track After I left he sold it to Mike Chase and Kevin Williams and the ran it till the lease was up and they would not meet there terms to renew the lease sir. Have a nice weekend sir. I thought you sold all your races car and got a boat??? So what do you care what goes on in races any more . Go out in your boat and enjoy what every you like out in the water but be nice out in the water sir LOL.

:aktion033:[/QUOTE]

You and Obama must be brothers from another mother…you have an excuse for EVERYTHING but ZERO accountability for your actions. Yes, I have a big boat, but as soon as you are gone I will have an OWM that will be a regular at CCS.