Saturday 5-31-14 - Auburndale is winner over rain !!!

Thanks so much A’Dale for getting your show in last night and not letting the area’s dramatic weather forecasters making your decision. Good night at the Dale with about 63 cars doing battle in six divisions. Only issue again was not being able to hear the announcer. 6 Sportsman cars (as expected) did battle in a race that pretty much fell apart with only 3 finishing. Charlie Brown drove a hard race in the great looking #11 winning over Roger Blevins (?) in the #71. 17 Bombers had a another good race with #56 James Wright taking the win. James Russell #8 bested the Mod Minis. Scramblers went to the #58. (couldn’t hear name). Street Stocks had a good feature with the #5, #48 and #88. Believe the #5 was McCrary, #48 Dora Thorne, and #88 Castleberry. Mini Stocks went to the #70 (once again could not hear announcer) which was a shame as this division put on one of the best races of the night. The #01, 53,15, plus more were all part of a great race with much side by side racing during the feature. Now can anyone explain to me why the starter waved the checkered flag after 11 laps, while the cars were lining up, instead of the 15 lap scheduled distance. Was the scoreboard count off ? or a starters decision in this heated up race. Again a big thanks folks for racing…see you soon. Great burgers also !!!

Glad you had a good night. I made the mistake of not calling ahead (and only relying on social media), so I ended up wasting 2 hours on a round trip to Volusia. The weather was dry at race time, but I was the only one there to enjoy it.

“…can anyone explain to me why the starter waved the checkered flag after 11 laps, while the cars were lining up, instead of the 15 lap scheduled distance.”–Denman

It’s tradition! :laugh:

How many restarts after the checker?