New Smyrna Speedway Results 6/7

The translation of the above goes like this…" i, Scott, have no intention of spending any money to go racing, so i plan to bring all of the cars down to my level. After all, if anything other than what i already have is ever allowed, i’d have to pony up some money, or get dirty and greasy changing things. And i just don’t have the time for that. Technology and innovation have no place in any class i race in".
Yes, from what i’ve read, the fabricated clip will be the norm eventually. And " ANY " clip should be allowed within reason. The stock Camaro clip was designed with a computer. The huge handling advantage will go to the guy with the best design. And then the rest of the class will use that design or something better. If racers don’t want to spend the money, then don’t. The very same guys will be winning with or without " high tech " clips, just as they do now. People will park their cars? It looks like many already have. But the rest want to race.

Some Supermods and Sprint cars get around pretty well on asphalt with a straight front axle…

A way around all of this would be for the track(s) to set suspension point parameters, and let the guys figure out a way to hold up the a-frames in the correct locations.

That’s really some funny stuff right there Matt. Do you believe the stuff you make up? Ah, if you only had a clue…

[QUOTE=OldSchool+;146032]Some Supermods and Sprint cars get around pretty well on asphalt with a straight front axle…

A way around all of this would be for the track(s) to set suspension point parameters, and let the guys figure out a way to hold up the a-frames in the correct locations.[/QUOTE]

I like these ideas! I can find old LM stocks everywhere to use for sportsman and the work is already done.

on the other hand, if the chassis rule is opened up you could use LM fab chassis.

On this site i can nearly buy a LM roller for what some sportsman cars are advertised.

I also liked Matt’s oxymoronic sentence, where he states that ‘ANY clip’ should be allowed, followed right up with ‘within reason’.

The word ANY means without exception. ‘Within reason’ means there exceptions TO that rule.

Scott… I have no clue why Matt targeted you to go after, but I respect what you do for this class. I can’t think of anyone who has done more to Promote the Sportsman class than you. Keep it up brother…!

Matt… you seem intelligent, knowledgeable & opinionated… all of which I appreciate. But when you attack the integrity of others, sometimes you just need to stop yourself from hitting the ‘send’ button.

Scott’s a good man. I’m sure you are too. Drop the nit-picky shit.

Albee…why are you a complete D Bag??? Have you ever owned, driven or worked on a race car? Have you ever owned or worked at a racetrack? Have you ever promoted or teched at a racetrack?

Quit telling everyone how wrong they are if you have never done it! While on the rare occasion that you actually have a good idea for something, you come across as a know it all blowhard and , again, a complete D Bag.

Not saying don’t have an opinion, like they say “everyone has one”…don’t be afraid to understand someone else’s side of it, especially if they are actually doing it!

:waffen093::auto003:

I was told by tech I won the race because it changed my roll center, I would agree if I did not have a 602 with a stock oil pan that sticks an inch and a half below the frame. This is a New Symrna rule that they can implement when they feel like finding the grey area in the rule book. I suppose we either have to go by their rules or don’t race there. It is my understanding that this is the only track that won’t allow cross members cut out, 2 speed transmissions, after market front steering, and the stock oil pan and balancer on the 602 crate motor to be replaced with a safe oil pan that won’t get drug off on the race track if the ride height is at what you are allowed to run. Also, according to NSS rules you can only have 8 foot of box tubing, if that was the case then all cars are not right. I would like to see how many cars out there have a cut out cross member. This is a prime example of why the local tracks are not doing well. NSS and all tracks should respect the fact that for every driver out there this is a very expensive weekend sport that most of us participate in because we love to race. There is no money in this for us, most of the time we all take a loss. Regardless, we support our local tracks because we want the tracks to succeed. It was mentioned that the 71 car probably wont be back but it is my intention to go back to NSS and prove to tech that a piece of 1 inch box tubing that they want me to weld below the cross member is not going to alter the way my car performs.

I was told by tech I won the race because it changed my roll center, I would agree if I did not have a 602 with a stock oil pan that sticks an inch and a half below the frame. This is a New Symrna rule that they can implement when they feel like finding the grey area in the rule book. I suppose we either have to go by their rules or don’t race there. It is my understanding that this is the only track that won’t allow cross members cut out, 2 speed transmissions, after market front steering, and the stock oil pan and balancer on the 602 crate motor to be replaced with a safe oil pan that won’t get drug off on the race track if the ride height is at what you are allowed to run. Also, according to NSS rules you can only have 8 foot of box tubing, if that was the case then all cars are not right. I would like to see how many cars out there have a cut out cross member. This is a prime example of why the local tracks are not doing well. NSS and all tracks should respect the fact that for every driver out there this is a very expensive weekend sport that most of us participate in because we love to race. There is no money in this for us, most of the time we all take a loss. Regardless, we support our local tracks because we want the tracks to succeed. It was mentioned that the 71 car probably wont be back but it is my intention to go back to NSS and prove to tech that a piece of 1 inch box tubing that they want me to weld below the cross member is not going to alter the way my car performs.

[QUOTE=fred23;146043]Albee…why are you a complete D Bag??? Have you ever owned, driven or worked on a race car? Have you ever owned or worked at a racetrack? Have you ever promoted or teched at a racetrack?

Quit telling everyone how wrong they are if you have never done it! While on the rare occasion that you actually have a good idea for something, you come across as a know it all blowhard and , again, a complete D Bag.

Not saying don’t have an opinion, like they say “everyone has one”…don’t be afraid to understand someone else’s side of it, especially if they are actually doing it![/QUOTE]

So i can tell everyone how wrong they are if i HAVE done it? COOL!

Was regularly in the pits back in the day.

Once, when Balough was apparantly on “furlough”, they laid out some rule that I cannot recall.

What I do recall is Gary’s reply “That doesn’t make any :waffen093:ing sense!”

It was all I could do to remain silent–those tech boys demanded “respect” (that is, token respect at least), or else.