Pocono

Yes we all get a warm fuzzy when Dale wins if for no other reason it is good PR for the sport.My hero of the day is Kyle Larson, atop 5 in his first year in cup competition on a track that is anything but a cookie cutter. This speaks volumes to this mans future. Yes he should be compared to A J Foyt and others who showed so much talent in varied venues at such a young age. He is a breath of fresh air in an arena that is in desperate need of something to build fan interest upon. Job well done. His pass on Johnson was worth the price of admission.

Yea larson is a rare find…lets see how long he stays w ganassi.

I started following jr on twitter and it really changed my view of him. Prior i couldnt care for him at all, i figured he was a rehash of his dad - who i was not a fan of. He seems like a really down to earth guy even with more $ and opportunity than anyone else would probably have. Pretty funny too.

Kyle Larson possibly has more talent than ANY racer I’ve ever seen.

But here’s my dream/prediction for him:

There’s a brand new F-1 team being developed by Haas (Stewarts partner) which should be in effect by 2016. They’ve stated that they’d like to start with an F-1 veteran driver, and a young American to learn & develope with.

Is there ANYBODY in this country that could adapt to that as quick as this kid could…? Nobody I’ve seen or heard about.

F-1 NEEDS the USA. America needs someone to root for in it. Not since Mario Andretti won the World Championship in '78, this country hasn’t given much of a damn.

Larson could be THE guy that the whole world watches…

I am with you on that one jerry. No doubt in my mind he could adapt to f1. Problem i see w haas is that f1 is all about the car. Not sure they are gonna hit the ground running. Would love to see him in a top tier f1 team. Though he doesnt have the road racing experience the connection between his ass/brains/feet/hands is one that would give him a chance to adapt in a hurry.

[QUOTE=Frasson118;145981]Kyle Larson possibly has more talent than ANY racer I’ve ever seen.

There’s a brand new F-1 team being developed by Haas (Stewarts partner) which should be in effect by 2016. They’ve stated that they’d like to start with an F-1 veteran driver, and a young American to learn & develope with.

Is there ANYBODY in this country that could adapt to that as quick as this kid could…? Nobody I’ve seen or heard about.

F-1 NEEDS the USA. America needs someone to root for in it. Not since Mario Andretti won the World Championship in '78, this country hasn’t given much of a damn.

Larson could be THE guy that the whole world watches…[/QUOTE]

While I completely agree with your assessment of his talent and his future, why would we want to take a person so talented at making a left hand turn and ask them to also turn right.

Because as much as most Americans deny it, F1 truly is the global pinnacle of motorsport. And it gives me chubbs to think that an American like Larson might be able to climb that mountain! We just don’t have the development system in the country to produce F1 drivers right now, we would have to send them to Europe from the time they were 8 years old. But Larson could possibly be the guy to change that. HAAS needs to be burning up the phone lines to Mark Webber to come back to F1 as his lead driver, and if he can slide Larson into the #2 seat…ahhhhh it would be grand.

Side note: yesterday’s F1 race was one of the best races I’ve seen this entire year, across ALL forms of motorsports. If someone can’t appreciate what those guys can do you’re crazy!

Probably because, he is one of the few that I think would be able to pull it off. I would watch F1 if he was in it. However, it would still be boring as hell after the first corner (didnt see yesterdays race - figured it would be much the same as the others this year). I will probably get more enjoyment out of watching him in NASCAR than I would F1, but would love to see him stick it to them.

In a tribute to F1, in two weeks I will be in Monaco and plan on driving something (bike/car/skateboard) through the tunnel like a maniac - have always wanted to see that place.

Larson cannot go to F1 because he will be driving for Rick Hendrick in Cup.

Conjecture, but wait and see…

Next Hendricks driver will be Chase Elliott. It’s been in the works for over 2 years now.

This I consider to be fact. It is clear that Hendricks has the biggest budget, best scouts and if that isn’t enough he gets pick of the litter. With these drivers so ready who will not get to return to the fold. You can’t keep these young guns on the shelf to long.

Gee, why didn’t Larson need 3 years of “coaching”, time to learn the tracks and a boatload of excuses for wrecks and non-performance like what’s her name…Princess Sparkle Pony???
Real deal, that’s why…

[QUOTE=Frasson118;145981]There’s a brand new F-1 team being developed by Haas (Stewarts partner) which should be in effect by 2016. They’ve stated that they’d like to start with an F-1 veteran driver, and a young American to learn & develope with.

Larson could be THE guy that the whole world watches…[/QUOTE]Would you take Danican’t in that F1 seat, Jerry?:

From Jayski:

Haas thinks Danica could succeed in F1: With #10-Danica Patrick still struggling in NASCAR, could she be headed back to open-wheel racing as one of the drivers for her boss, Gene Haas, who will launch a North Carolina-based Formula One team in 2016? That question was posed to Haas Saturday afternoon following qualifying for the Canadian Grand Prix, and while he sounded intrigued by the possibility, he also sounded as though it would be unlikely to actually happen. Asked if Patrick would be a good candidate for the Haas Formula One team, Haas said, “I think she would. I think she would. She would bring an awful lot of viewership. I think it would be great for America. I think she would be a great candidate.” Haas then quickly added, “Whether that’s going to happen or not … that’s, that’s, that’s … you know I think that’s kind of a long shot there, too.”

As ironic as it sounds, I believe that Danica would do better in F1 than in Cup.

ps–forgot about Chase Elliot–another stellar talent, for sure.

That said, “Mr. Hendrick” was one of the first to congratulate Kyle L after his first Nationwide win…

Danica in f-1 is no different than Danica in Nascar. Put me in a car and I will generate enough sponsor money that we don’t even have to finish the race much less tear up any equipment trying. Yes like everything else it is all about the money.

Your not kidding !!! It’s all about the money in F1. Who got the biggest pay check on Memorial Day ??? Ryan Hunter Rey ? Johnson ? Rossberg ?
… Try the Marussia F1 team. finishing 9th and scoring 2 points( first points ever for the team) is worth 30 to 40 million dollars for them.

The difference in money and cars in F1 is far more magnified than it is in Cup because every team’s car is 100% in-house designed and fabricated. Without the development budget there is no catching up with the big teams. You could put Hamilton in a Caterham and he’s still going to struggle to crack the top 15.

If Danica went to F-1, her stats would improve tremendously.

If she finishes last in Nascar, she gets 43rd place
If she finishes last in F-1, she gets 22nd.

There’s a 50% improvement right there…!

IMO, Danica is driving at her limit. Not Larson’s limit, but her limit.

Unlike, J Guthrie, who clearly was logging pace laps…

[QUOTE=Frasson118;145981]Kyle Larson possibly has more talent than ANY racer I’ve ever seen.

Larson could be THE guy that the whole world watches…[/QUOTE]

For the position of " young American " i think you’d probably want someone who’s driven open wheel, rear engined cars at very high speeds. And there’s a number of good prospects for that in Indy cars right now. Larson may very well turn out to be one of the greats who can drive, and more importantly, who can win in any type of race car on any type of track. So far, that list includes A.J. Foyt, Tony Stewart, Mario Andretti, Al Unser Sr., and Dan Gurney. Let’s give Larson a few more years and see where he’s at.

Don’t forget Parnelli Jones.