Ross Chastain 6th in K&N series at CMS

Alva’s Ross Chastain finished 6th in Saturdays K&N East series race at my old hometrack,Columbus Motor Speedway in Ohio.Meanwhile I was in Lorain Ohio for The Main Event Series outlaw late Model race which started 22 cars.Former Angola Indiana Speedway promoter Craig Everedge was in the field but dropped out early.MSA SUPERMODIFIEDS make a return to Lorain in two weeks.I might just stick around Lake Erie an extra two weeks to see that one.Its been many years since I’ve seen the supers run.

The ISMA Supermodifieds have the Hy-Miler Nationals at Sandusky, Ohio this weekend (not sure where that is in relation to you)

I’ve covered them twice in the last couple months for 51 at Oswego, NY and they put on one heck of a show. A lot of them were talking about the Hy-Miler as a marquee event for the supers along with the Classic Weekend at Oswego on Labor Day weekend.

The Hy-Miler is the second-biggest Supermodified show in the country behind the Classic, but, it’s the biggest winged-car show.

zerofor: I’ll be goin’ to Midvale this Saturday night for some regular-show action, along with some Outlaw Figure-8 racing.

I will be in Sandusky on thursday night

For the 1 dollar fan appreciation night.I may go to Sandusky on Friday night too.I already had plans to go to Fremont Speedway Saturday to see the sprints on dirt.I’ve been by the speedway in Fremont countless times but have never been there and figured Saturday was my chance.I would love to go to Sandusky to see the supers on Saturday but its also 27 bucks to get in.Thats double for me and my girl.Only so much admission money to go around.The bad thing about going to Lorain next Saturday is it means I will have to give up going to Columbus that night for the rescheduled CRA race which has been lengthened from its original 125 lap distance to 174 laps and renamed theBud St. Amant Memorial. Decisions decisions.

I’m totally jealous of your choices. Supers, SLM, …
Whtever you do, find 1 day for Supermodifieds. Nothing like them.

BTW… the race that rounds out the Triple Crown along with Oswegos Classic, and the Hi-Miler at Sandusky is the Star Classic in NH.

But, then again, I’ve always heard good things about Fremont too.

Dude… I’m sooooo impressed with the cool options.

Only place I ever saw Supermodifieds was at the Thompson World Series. Boy did they fly around the 5/8 mile high-banks! Made the Tour Mods look like they were tied to a tree.

Columbus Motor Speedway

Used to run Super mods and Spotsman on Friday nights when I was a very young kid and then late models and sportsman on sunday nights.They eventually during the later 60s dropped the Friday night card as well as the supermods on a regular basis.They continued running the supermods on a special event basis into the late 70s and then other classes took over.That was the last time I saw them run.Back when Tim Richmond was a young up and comer out of Ashland Ohio.I think if the weather and money hold out I will try to take in Friday nights super show at Sundusky and then Saturday go to Fremont to see the sprints on dirt.(its raining as I speak in Port Clinton 15 miles to the west of Sandusky.But then again its only Wednesday)