Jack Smith Memorial - Lap, Race and Award Sponsors needed !

Cuss anyone out lately Rick? hahahaha

Hey frasson118! You have so many ideas and opinions why don’t you promote and direct a memorial race?!

When the day comes that someone close to me passes away, I’d be glad to.

But I PROMISE it will benefit their family in some way, and not just a way to make a buck off that person’s name. It isn’t rocket science to figure out SOME way of helping the survivors.

I don’t get why so many of you have a problem with that…

Did it ever occur to you that maybe someone’s idea of a successful memorial race in their name would be that everyone that participated in the race got paid a decent purse and that the people that promoted it and the promoter (s) actually MADE a little money (gasp) and a great race that had a little bit of everything, like the one last Saturday at Showtime is a success? Maybe the racers, track owners and promoters and fans are all considered family?

If your idea is to help the family and that was what your dead friend would’ve wanted, then go out and make it happen but why make this thread all about you?

And there ain’t one person getting rich at this shit so why is it a sin for them to try to make a buck?! I wish a track or two would start turning a profit.

The real deal here…

Guys I am sorry that this thread has been turned into this. I was merely trying to do what Jack asked me to do in the last moments we talked. He did not ask for a fundraiser, he just wanted his race to mean something, be in several divisions and at different tracks because he liked them all and supported racing. Frass likes to attack things, he likes to stir the pot and if we continue to talk about it he is getting what he wants. I say lets stop talking about it, ignore these type things and make the race special. He always has the way to run tracks, series and everything but does none of them. While his modified reunion has been a nice event for the history of racing and getting to see old friends, its not promoting a race, track or series. Its hard work, it is not easy and no one makes a lot of bucks at this deal. I am asking you to ignore him and the few that may join his opinion, and focus on Jack’s race and making it special. I am working on somethings and will announce them on the next week to so. Thanks

Thanks for all you both (Rick and Jerry) do…

I agree Rick Anges. Both Rick and Jerry are valuable assets to our sport. Rick does a great job with the Truck Series AND happens to host the only 100% Charity racing event in FL. Jerry also does a great job with the Modified Reunion, Gov. Cup FREE BBQ as well as being one hell of a dedicated race fan. Although I don’t agree with Jerry’s initial tone in this thread and hijacking Rick’s message, I do agree that all these Memorial races should have some element of charity involved. Yoho did it at Showtime with his Ice Bucket Challenge benefitting the ALS and t shirts sales that benefitted a youth group. Indeed, I see nothing wrong with at least some fundraising at these events done to go to a good cause. Pick a charity. There are many that are worthwhile like the Wounded Warrior Project, that one of my crew guys is actively involved with. We can all agree on this, can’t we???

A hug makes everything better than a thousand words

They could go a step further and add a kiss on the neck, don’t need a tounge penetrating mouth kiss, just a show of racing affection. Watch out for the whiskers, my girl says they are pokey.