Super Sportsman Weekend

So for some bizarro reason Sportsman are running just about everywhere (that’s open) this weekend. Saturday day 50 lapper at Lake City, Saturday night 50 lapper at Citrus, regular show at Desoto and Bronson, who knows, Facebook says “classes to be determined” (it’s Wednesday people). Sunday day it’s a 25 lapper at Lake City and at Auburndale too. Will someone do the “Ironman” and run 3 races in two days? We will see who takes the I-75 challenge…

As you’re a big proponent of this class, is there any reason that you won’t be the first to accept and follow through with that I-75 Challenge?

I would love to. However, I’m leaving on a family vacation, that was planned long ago, on Sunday a.m… I have done the OSW/NSS double a few times though, and it was a blast. I will be running the Lake City race on Saturday though.

I have heard through the grapevine that some guys will be attempting this!

[QUOTE=scottgarrity07;152278]I would love to. However, I’m leaving on a family vacation, that was planned long ago, on Sunday a.m… I have done the OSW/NSS double a few times though, and it was a blast. I will be running the Lake City race on Saturday though.

I have heard through the grapevine that some guys will be attempting this![/QUOTE]

See ya sunday…

don62

I’m not gonna be there Sunday, Don. I’ll have to catch up with you another time. Enjoy the event!

Might be time to let the others chair the SUDS meeting this weekend.

Have a great vacation, Scott!

Thanks Old School!

No way on the SUDS deal! SUDS meeting will be Saturday after the races at the bonfire/bbq. We will be reviewing the SUDS rules for 2015. On the docket will be a vote to decide whether or not to make Fireball whiskey legal. While propylene glycol is not allowed as a coolant in race cars we feel it should be allowed as a warming agent for the drivers. We intend to conduct some testing with the NSS officials…:ernaehrung004:

Good luck widdat. If you can warm them up, you can warm anyone up!

Nah, not the case. Times (and personnel) have changed. NSS has the most open-minded and racer-friendly staff I have ever encountered in all my years of racing. They have taken a lot of sensible suggestions from this board and implemented them (moving practice closer to race time for the fans, Sunday racing, testing a longer lasting tire for the support classes, etc.). They also conduct the most thorough, yet fair, tech in FL. They’re a great bunch!

Well… I’ll be there and ready for some fun after the races even though I do not drink alcohol… Was actually thinking about going to North Florida Speedway Saturday night as they are running a show and that is one of the few tracks in FL that I have never worked at or watched a show at but probably won’t have enough money to go… Anyway, should be a fun weekend although maybe a bit chilly… Just build a big fire Scott!

“NSS has the most open-minded and racer-friendly staff I have ever encountered in all my years of racing.”–SG

Thx Scott, good to hear.

We’ll throw an extra log on the fire for you Dave! Anyhow, SUDS is about the camaraderie, not the alcohol content. I’ll throw a few A&W’s in the cooler for you and young Daniel Conlin Jr! Can’t wait!

From what i’ve read on here, i’d say NSS is sure turning things around, but weren’t you saying the very same things about Desoto a while back.

Yes. Desoto is right on par with NSS. No wonder they work together!

Put then a&w in there scott we’ll definitely be there should be a real fun weekend

Got the A&W’s, Daniel. See you guys there!