ACT Series returns to New Smyrna

I don’t know the details at this minute, but it is confirmed with ACT and New Smyrna Speedway.

I really liked the show I saw 2 years ago, and glad to see them back.

I recall last time they were here it was a HELL of a show. Loved every minute of it.

Here is today’s press release:

Waterbury, VT ? In a joint announcement between Robert Hart, owner and promoter of the New Smyrna Speedway (NSS) and Tom Curley, President of the American Canadian Tour (ACT), the popular ACT Late Models from throughout New England, New York, and Quebec will return to the annual World Series of Asphalt Racing in New Smyrna Beach, Florida on February 16-17, 2015. The teams of ACT will compete in the American Racer Cup, a two feature event, over two nights of racing.

?We are very happy to welcome the ACT teams back this February to our World Series of Asphalt Racing at New Smyrna Speedway. The teams that were here several years ago put on some of the best racing we have seen in a long while. We had many fans ask us to try and bring them back to New Smyrna. We are very pleased that they will return to New Smyrna Speedway in 2015,? said Hart.

The 2014 ACT Champion, Joey Polewarczyk, Jr. (Pole), Hudson, NH bested the field of twenty eight (28) teams to win the overall two days of racing in 2011. Pole also won the opening 100-lap feature, and Brian Hoar, Williston, VT won the 100-lap feature on the following night.

An excited Pole said, ?This is just great news. That was a lot of fun racing in the middle of the winter and it gives us something to look forward to for the next few months. I really loved the track and it would be a great way to start the season by defending the Cup in February.?

Sunday, February 15, 2015 will feature the NASCAR K&N Series opening event of the year to be held at the New Smyrna Speedway. ACT will run 100-lap features on consecutive nights beginning Monday, February 16, 2015 and Tuesday, February 17, 2015. The American Racer Cup will go to the best finisher combining points from both events. Total posted awards will be over $35,000.00.

?We appreciate the invitation for our ACT teams to once again compete at New Smyrna Speedway. It is a first class facility and our cars adapted well to the design and speed of the fast half-mile race track. I know the teams that were there in 2011 had a great time, and I would expect that this February will be the same. We have had great response from teams and we all are looking forward to the trip,? said Tom Curley, President of the American Canadian Tour.

For additional information contact the ACT office at 802.244.6963, or media@acttour.com, or visit acttour.com.

nice… As long as the PASS series doesn’t waste our time…

Tom Curley from ACT has had a long time reputation as a hard headed guy to deal with… but his word is gold and he has a ton of respect from “his” guys. If he says it will happen, it WILL happen.

ACT’s rule package seems to be popular among the northern racers, would a similar package work in the south? Correct me if I’m wrong, these are basically super lates with crate engines and 8 inch tires or are the chassis and components more limited? Caught the ACT New Smyrna show 2 years back and the racing was outstanding to say the least. Also was amazed so many racers towed down, I was thinking they would have 8 to 10 cars but I think almost 30 showed.

Also if I recall correctly, they ran heat races instead of time trials. Quite a show.

And I’ve never been in the middle of more French speaking people in my life. They even had French announcers for the radio broadcast.

Jerry, once I realized all the fans from Quebec, I started inquiring about info for the Montreal Nationwide event (most also had perfect English). Hey, great place to take the wife and have a great excuse to catch a race! Too bad Nascar killed another good thang!
Good for New Smyrna! Their management seems to be doing a lot of things right these days! The World Series is shaping up to be epic in 2015. Gonna catch the Governors Cup on Speed51 in a few weeks. The Pay Per View from Caraway last week was actually pretty decent last week despite a lackluster show. Hoping the World Series is PPV this year as will not be able to leave the ATL as the racing biz is very busy that time of year.

[B][I]BTW, ACT and PASS came up with an agreement of one not stepping on other’s toes.

They will even hold a double header at Oxford Plain Speedway, which is own by Tom Mayberry, PASS owner/promoter, where they will run 150 PASS Super Late Model and 150 laps ACT on opening day in April 2015.

Also, the ACT big event that was held since a few years at Airborne Speedway the same day as the Oxford 250 will be dropped.

Good for the futur of the sport in the North East US, and Qu?bec.

You can read about all that new ‘‘i love u now’’ on Pass site, ACT site and Vermont blog.[/I][/B]