Hoosier R750 Retest at Showtime

Well its has been 2 weeks since we test the new tire.

I can report that we put 10 laps on these tires and they were faster by 2 tenths then the original test and they kept getting faster on each lap. So at 70 laps they kept getting faster and DJ reports that the tire is very close to the old white Goodyear in feel.

We had a GO Pro on the right front tire and it does not roll over like the F53. We ran both tires with the Go Pro and it is remarkable the difference.

I have heard that Showtime and Desoto will be running the F53 and Pensacola and NSS will run the R750, I have just heard this not official.

We are happy with both tires and will run what ever they go with.

DJ said he is going to try and post the Go Pro video of the 2 tires on his facebook page.
djhoelzle

Back in the day “scuffs” were the ticket in Cup for a little while.

At the Richmond track’s first race after it was “biggified”, I was there and some team (sorry cannot remember who) had Lee Faulk (local fast shoe) scuffing tires during the race, probably in a backup car.

He was faster than the leaders for a few laps repeatedly (but going laps down as he also repeatedly pitted) and there I was, yelling “go Lee” while folks around me looked at me like I was an idiot (yes Jacques, even more than usual).

Is this video footage posted anywhere? Citrus has chosen to run this tire on Sportsman and below, Hoosier has no information on this tire on their 2015 chart so it must be a recently released item???

Jay at J&L Tire in Tampa has the tires. It is a really good tire you have to practice on it first then it come in great. It lasts and will not drop off. We have over 100 laps our set and they are still good.

Information

I looked at Hoosier website they do not show this tire in the 2015 line up. Is the size comparable to 450/650, wondering what all changes may be required for the Street Stock that will be using it now.

There were several cars on the new R750 tire at Newsmyrna in the sportsman race on Saturday night, the winner after the DQs was one of them, Garrett Hill.
Donny Williams who finished second after the DQs was also on them I believe.
From what I am being told they made only very minor changes. They look the exact same as the 650/450 and size out the same as well. Lap times were very comparable to the old tires.

Patrick Thomas 25

[QUOTE=Patrick Thomas 25;154880]There were several cars on the new R750 tire at Newsmyrna in the sportsman race on Saturday night, the winner after the DQs was one of them, Garrett Hill.
Donny Williams who finished second after the DQs was also on them I believe.
From what I am being told they made only very minor changes. They look the exact same as the 650/450 and size out the same as well. Lap times were very comparable to the old tires.

Patrick Thomas 25[/QUOTE]

Thanks Patrick. Good to see your report here… Looked at the 750 in the tire shed and it seems the only visual difference is the number on the tire…
-JIM-

thanks Patrick for help in the pits with the hood