is the TBARA done?

So I offered up a few (probably oddball) suggestions, do you have any that are hopefully better?

Wow… Let’s see how this goes.

I like Mr Rex… He seems to be nice…and a good ambassador for racing… However… There is a bigger picture here…

Not only do you have the inner workings of a club in turmoil, you have public opinion in the shitter as well. The prior r?gime ruined the reputation of the club. They were left looking like a bunch of cliqueish highschool boys.

The tracks didn’t want the drama, so it was easier to pay extra to have their own races, winged or non.

In the end… No one wants to do damage control, and clean up the mess left behind by the few that ruined it for everyone else.

I think they need to sit out the season, and rethink where they wanna go.

Really, a little competition doesn’t hurt either… Looking fwd to seeing lots, and uscs.

I honestly do not know enough about the details of the TBARA thing to discuss it (but then, that is not typically enough to stop me…).

It seems that whenever the inmates run the asylum it ends up badly, a la CART. The sporty car bunch kind of went there too.

But TBARA has been around a while so it must have been working fairly well.

Like you say, though, it may be a good thing.

Am guessing a promoter would prefer to come up with an idea, and a purse, make a few calls to check interest, and move forward. It is his deal.

Dealing with a club would seem to be more of a negotiation than an invitation.

The TBARA has been around most of my racing life.
I have been to many of there meating and was a member at one time.
How they are sail a club I don’t know.
I do know this they have had some bad times in the past and some of the best racing in the state others nd they have alwase made it threw the bad times.
I don’t want to se the sprints go buy the side in florida so someone grab the raines and get with it.
any time you have the inmates run the lunch room some one thinks they aren’t getting there fair share of the pie.
give them time and they will work it out… the answer is plane as day…

Don62

I agree, the answer is plain as day!! Put Rhems in charge again! Take some of that money and entice him or whatever you have to do but that seems like a no brainer to me.

He did a great job for a few years. Im sure some of them must can rember how good it was.
I don’t think that Don would put up with the club agin but they should be able to work something out… just my though

Don62

Tbara

Don would be an excellent choice for the job. If he could take charge an run it like he does top gun it would be one of the premier series in the state.

Sorry if it was posted and i missed it, but are the non-wing races we’ve been seeing just a bunch of sprint car racers showing up to a track, or do they have an organization too?

Non winged are run by the track. No club sanction. Anyone can race…

Thanks, i didn’t know for sure. That concept seems to be working well so far.

Remember that Don lost control of the TBARA because he thought he could not be replaced and he showed to much favoritism to ( son in law ) among other things.

Then Lenny did the same for his team, then Stan, then Buff the wild man could not control himself and put the nail in the coffin of what we know as the TBARA.

I think Don would be the right guy to take back over, I would hope he knows what went wrong many years ago. He did run a tightly run club and he has the respect of a lot of promoters and racers.

How about a fresh face that will look out for the best interest of the members and not their own? Surely their are some honorable folks within that group…

For a person that doesn’t have a dog in this fight, when I hear the word “Honorable”, I automatically think of Rex “Boneman” Hollinger. If it were put to a vote by members of TBARA, I think he would win by a huge amount.

BUT, it would most likely be a one in a thousand chance he’d want to take on the role of President… but he would be a great one.

OSF

I would have to second that motion. He obviously has nothing but the best intentions for the club and for sprint car racing in general.

Rex would be outstanding in that role… but he already has his hands full with business and family commitments. I doubt if he could find the time and energy to make that commitment.

But would make a GREAT leader for the club.

for what it’s worth since today is 1-19-15

saw this on the other website;

[I]Attention Members,

Let me first apologize for the confusion concerning our annual meeting and the lack of better communication. As most of you know, our Treasurer, Rex Hollinger has resigned. Meanwhile one of our members drafted and sent out letters to a large number of our owners regarding the impeachment of our President, Buff Fritz. The result of the letter is a majority of our owners being in favor of impeaching our President and therefore vacating office. The former Treasurer and former President had called for a meeting to take place this weekend in Tampa to vote for new officers only. As the Vice President and Interim President of the TBARA, I am cancelling this meeting.

For the purpose of creating a fair and concise ballot we will be following Robert’s Rules of Order. At this time, I would like to ask for nominations for the following positions: President, Secretary and Treasurer. Please keep in mind that the person being nominated need not be a current member, owner or driver. All we ask is that those who are nominated are willing to accept the responsibilities of the office for which they are being nominated for. All terms are for a period of two years. All nominees must be present at the meeting to be considered for election.

As always, only car owners and drivers that were registered, paid in full and competed in at least one event in 2014 are eligible to vote. Only those participating in two or more events are allowed to submit rule changes.

Along with nominations, I would also like to ask that you send in any rule or procedure changes to be considered at our annual meeting. When submitting rule or procedure changes, please also include the existing rule as it currently appears and the proper verbage as it would appear if accepted. Please include Section, Article and number of the item being considered.

Please take time to carefully consider both officer nominations and rule changes. THIS IS YOUR CLUB AND WE NEED YOUR CONTINUED SUPPORT TO BE SUCCESSFUL. All nominations and rule/procedure change submissions must be received no later then 11:59 pm on Monday, January 19th, 2015. Please email all submissions to TBARAmedia@gmail.com. When all nominations have been received, a sample ballot will be sent out and the nominees will be contacted. As soon as a location has been secured for a meeting I will make the announcement.

Yours truly,
Vice President, Josh Wichers
TBARAmedia@gmail.com[/I]

[QUOTE=Frasson118;154542]Rex would be outstanding in that role… but he already has his hands full with business and family commitments. I doubt if he could find the time and energy to make that commitment.

But would make a GREAT leader for the club.[/QUOTE]

Hmm elected by the karnac committee. I say let em take a yr off so the stink has time to air out… Then elect boneman.

I think that if it does not come together soon, it will be done.

Not only will the promoters set the shows, but the racers will get in the mindset of “They are racing at xxvenue, do I want to pull over there for the offered purse–or not?”.

As opposed to “let’s all go, and…I kinda don’t want to (grumble grumble) but I am a team player, and…”.

As mentioned, it may be a good thing.

As long as sprint cars can fill the stands, there will be sprint cars.

Thank you for the support, but I have done 2 years on the board and am anxious to hand it off and get back to just racing.

It is difficult to organize race people. A good driver is competitive and selfish on the track, and most of them cannot separate that outlook from their every day life. I do love sprint car racing, and intend to stay involved in 2015. There are others trying to get it back on its feet, so hopefully they will do a good job.

“It is difficult to organize race people.”–Boneman

And there you have it. And that goes for not only racers but fans, promoters, vendors, etc.

Whenever the “we all/you should…” thing comes up, it is inherently difficult due to…who we are. And I am good with that and, in fact, proud of who “we are”.

That is why we have promoters and sanctioning bodys. That is their deal, the particular heartache of racing that they enjoy-- to run the playground-- and more power to them.

Anyone heard from the NASCAR owners league (or whatever it is, I have forgotten) lately?