Bronson Speedway 2015 Season Opener Tommy Dunford Memorial OWM 50L Feb 28

Bronson Speedway will kick off their 2015 Season Opener with the 2nd Annual TOMMY DUNFORD MEMORIAL 50 LAP OWM $1000.00 TO WIN EVENT. Laps are being sold and special contingency awards are being sponsored. Also scheduled are Sportsman, Street Stock, Purestock and Strictly Stock. Visit Bronson Speedway on FB or Bronsonspeedway.net for more info:cool:

Could we get an entry list or how about Modified drivers/teams posting on here if they are going to run this show so we fans have something to look forward to.

It was a good race last year, I think 14 cars started so I’m hoping for a good turnout this year- it sucks driving 2 1/2 hours to see 6-7 cars, just saying…

[QUOTE=ScottPrentice;155264]Could we get an entry list or how about Modified drivers/teams posting on here if they are going to run this show so we fans have something to look forward to.

It was a good race last year, I think 14 cars started so I’m hoping for a good turnout this year- it sucks driving 2 1/2 hours to see 6-7 cars, just saying…[/QUOTE]

I would consider going if they were on the F-53 slick, but I’m not buying tires and taking a risk of a cut in pay due to car count.

Devin McLeod

Leroy left. I doubt anyone will show

What tire are they going to run??

Track tire at Bronson is the Hoozier 750. I did about 30 laps practice on them last weekend. Not a bad tire for that short track…
Leroy quit yesterday. May still run this race. Wait and see…
-JIM-

OK so far we got 1 Probably No, and 1 Maybe Yes- LoL! :frowning: anyone else???

I know there are plenty of Mods out there- if guys would commit then there would be no reason to worry about them cutting the purse… and isn’t the 750 the tire everyone wanted?

[QUOTE=ScottPrentice;155344]OK so far we got 1 Probably No, and 1 Maybe Yes- LoL! :frowning: anyone else???

I know there are plenty of Mods out there- if guys would commit then there would be no reason to worry about them cutting the purse… and isn’t the 750 the tire everyone wanted?[/QUOTE]

Everyone except for the modifieds. There is nothing wrong with the F-53 slick. All of the sportsman and truck drivers were the ones who wanted new tires, which is very understandable because the 450/650 tires that they were on were junk. There is a thread on this forum that has at least 25 modified drivers voting to keep the F-53.

If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.

I was told u had to buy 4 tires which are more than every other track. Have to buy 5 gals of fuel at $10 a gal and $50 entry fee and a registration fee. For 1k to win 2nd pays 700 and 100 to start. I live in Lakeland so I doubt we come for that. The only time last year we had to buy fuel from track and all the fees was for a $4k race. And in my opinion they should have left the tire thing alone because if u race different tracks which we do you have to have the grooved/treaded and slicks which cost racers more money and dumb having different tracks on different tires!

[QUOTE=racin24dev;155349]Everyone except for the modifieds. There is nothing wrong with the F-53 slick. All of the sportsman and truck drivers were the ones who wanted new tires, which is very understandable because the 450/650 tires that they were on were junk. There is a thread on this forum that has at least 25 modified drivers voting to keep the F-53.

If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.[/QUOTE]

10-4, I thought it was for all the classes outside of Late Models.
Is the F-53 better for Mods because they are a lighter weight car? in other words I’m wondering why the Sportsman, Street Stocks and Trucks aren’t on it also, or is it a cost thing?

[QUOTE=ScottPrentice;155351]10-4, I thought it was for all the classes outside of Late Models.
Is the F-53 better for Mods because they are a lighter weight car? in other words I’m wondering why the Sportsman, Street Stocks and Trucks aren’t on it also, or is it a cost thing?[/QUOTE]
The 53 was the tire that everyone started on but the racer said they didn’t last long enough for weekly racing. so change and more change.
Now it looks like the 750 will get beat up on here and has not even been run.
Why don’t everyone try to support the track and if you can show up and the promoter might put on some more bigger races.
If all we do is pick apart everything they try to do they might stop trying special events.
Rumor has it that one of the bigger tracks will step back from a big most of the bigger purse races.
don’t kill the cash cow.
if you can make the event please go and if not dint try to discourage others from going.
Good luck to those that make the trip. Wish I could make it but I have another comment that week.
They have a big Sportsman race coming and I will make that one.
Will get to meet Scott I hope…
see ya all then…

Don62

Anytime racers are FORCED to buy fuel or tires at any track, they should politely refuse. Allowing companies to come in and buy up the exclusive rights to sell products at the track is killing short track racing. And apart from greed by the track owners, there’s no justification for the practice. If the racers WANT to buy what the track offers, fine. We always hear that it keeps the costs down for the racer. But there is no evidence to support that because it it’s rarely allowed to happen. Drag racing ( local racing ) pretty much allows any brand of any product and their car count is 3 times what a local oval track brings in.
Here we thought the battle over tires had died. Seems like there’s still some hard feelings out there about which tire is better.

[QUOTE=Don Nerone;155357]The 53 was the tire that everyone started on but the racer said they didn’t last long enough for weekly racing. so change and more change.
Why don’t everyone try to support the track and if you can show up and the promoter might put on some more bigger races.
If all we do is pick apart everything they try to do they might stop trying special events.
Rumor has it that one of the bigger tracks will step back from a big most of the bigger purse races.
don’t kill the cash cow.
if you can make the event please go and if not dint try to discourage others from going.
Good luck to those that make the trip. Wish I could make it but I have another comment that week.
see ya all then…
Don62[/QUOTE]

When is the big Sportsman race at Bronson, Don? Some people complain about Bronson, but I have always had a good time when I’ve made the trip to that cool little challenging track. My only gripe is the scheduling and lack of communication. I wanted to go race up there last year but the event I had planned on running disappeared from the schedule with no announcement and then reappeared on the schedule a few days before the event. Too late for me to make it at that point. Let me know when the big Sportsman race is Don. If my car is ready and I can make it work, I’ll be there. It would be a pleasure to meet you, too.

As for the tires, well what’s funny is the only people who seem to not be happy with them are the people who have not run on them yet. The mod guys who have actually run them have liked them. Now, on the other hand, Devin is right. The mod guys, as a whole, are happy with the F53 and don’t seem to care how long they last for them. I say if that’s what they want then let them stay on them. Problem is “little” tracks like Bronson only want to carry one tire. And there’s the dilemma. One class, two tires from track-to-track. Not allowing the F53 is bound to hurt Bronson’s mod count. All the tracks have become tight lipped about the R750 (even though they are all running it to some extent). Anybody know which tracks are running the R750 on mods besides Bronson? I thought they were mostly gonna stay on the F53 after the mod guys pushed back against the R750.

I wish that there were more positive reports on car count.

That is a haul if no one is there…

[QUOTE=OldSchool+;155371]I wish that there were more positive reports on car count.

That is a haul if no one is there…[/QUOTE]

yeah that is the reason I posted to begin with- to find out who all might be going- it’s a long haul for me and 2 kids. We like the track and are still planning on going.

I appreciate your response Don- I didn’t know I was opening a can of worms about tires when I asked about the 750 and F-53, I was just curious.
Seems like there’s always something that keeps cars away from Bronson…

As far as fuel is concerned, a couple years back everyone complained that they didn’t have fuel at the track.
Now they have fuel there and folks are complaining that they have to buy it- wtf?

I don’t see any big Sportsman races on Bronson’s schedule. I wonder how accurate the schedule is now that LeRoy Davidson has left.

BTW- Don or anyone know who this “Pork Chop” Wayne Wilson is? The Bronson facebook page is all excited about his return.

There were six or seven drivers that said they were coming on there facebook page under the event section.

I haven’t heard anything about that you have to buy fuel or you cant race I do know that to be eligible for points fund money you have to buy some fuel and tires from them sometime through the year because that’s how there paying for the points fund.

[QUOTE=Don Nerone;155357]The 53 was the tire that everyone started on but the racer said they didn’t last long enough for weekly racing. so change and more change.
don’t kill the cash cow.
see ya all then…

Don62[/QUOTE]

Please, pretty please, with sugar on top. Type what you want to say and then take a 5 second break and take a breathe. Then read what you wrote, perhaps even copy and paste it into spell check then read it again, and then see if it makes sense. Maybe have someone else proof read it. A LOT, in fact maybe most, of what you say is correct and you have more experience in the business of racing than most here. But, and I’m sorry this is surely going to be very hard to hear, you sound like a dumb ass. I know you aren’t, so please take my advice.

Have not heard of anything like these requirements to do this race, and just one other thing; Bronson has not had race fuel in 4 years and there was none as of last weekend. Bring your own fuel or as I was told, “there’s a gas station across the street”.
-JIM-

Lurkin, I’m not sure if you’re aware of it (it’s been mentioned on KARNAC a few times) but Don suffers from dyslexia. It’s the reason his posts can be somewhat disjointed at times. Actually with that condition I’m not quite sure how he can post at all. Sorry I had to point that out. I thought everyone knew.

Oh boy, I am sincerely sorry then. Don’t I feel like a complete ass.

P.S. Is that the one where their head gets really big though?

:grinser010::grinser010::grinser010: