Press Release for Auburndale Speedway

Press Release for Auburndale Speedway for Rex Guy:

Rex Guy has hired Don Cretty, known as Critter to be his Race Director at Auburndale Speedway for 2015 race season. Rex will remain General Manager allowing Critter to be Race Director. Carl Green and Ricky Brooks will be in charge of tech. I (Rex) feel like I have the best staff and looking forward to the best racing season for 2015 at Auburndale Speedway.
Racing starts this Saturday Night, Fe. 14. Super Late Models will race on Feb. 28.
Any questions call Rex at 863-297-4344

[QUOTE=Carol Andrews;155387]Press Release for Auburndale Speedway for Rex Guy:

Rex Guy has hired Don Cretty, known as Critter to be his Race Director at Auburndale Speedway for 2015 race season. Rex will remain General Manager allowing Critter to be Race Director. Carl Green and Ricky Brooks will be in charge of tech. I (Rex) feel like I have the best staff and looking forward to the best racing season for 2015 at Auburndale Speedway.
Racing starts this Saturday Night, Fe. 14. Super Late Models will race on Feb. 28.
Any questions call Rex at 863-297-4344[/QUOTE]

That is a lot of years of experance in that crew…Outstanding group of officals.
Thanks Carol

don62

I thought i detected some big problems during the Icebreaker. Well, Don is certainly competent, and adult supervision is sorely needed at Auburndale from the wild stories i’ve read on here. The first order of business will be for Critter to change that rule they have concerning race finishes that aren’t really finished if the track owner decides they need to clean up victory lane and run a few more laps.

Matt–agreed, BUT…

He is the owner. Until that changes…

Imagine being the owner of the place and getting all cranked up during the heat of the moment (read–bent sheet metal, steaming radiators, thrown helmets, all that) and then NOT getting involved.

Maybe you wouldn’t, maybe I wouldn’t (and maybe I would…), but Rex has shown that he will.

And everybody else works for him. Everything is subject to change from the “owner” part on down.

That is kind of the way it works…

The good news:

a) Auburndale is inherently a “good” track.

b) I joined Karnac because of that finish (well, maybe that is good news {lol})!

hearsay

all I know is hearsay

[QUOTE=Don Nerone;155388]That is a lot of years of experance in that crew…Outstanding group of officals.
Thanks Carol

don62[/QUOTE]

I was thinking the same thing, if I raced there I’d be excited! Hopefully Rex will let his team do their job and reserve his calls to the big things. I heard an NFL coach, I forget which one, say that he let his assistants do their jobs and then he makes the big calls, like whether to go for it on 4th down. I’d think it’s the same way in racetrack ownership.